kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I'm also fed up with all those prohibited "private servers"! Please close all those servers and ban the guys kicking other players or this game will be unplayable.

• Like 1

No I don't thats why I waited for two minutes to pass before attempting the shot. Unfortunately the pristine scope still would not 'fix' onto the target. This was target practice, which is just as well as were the situation to be against another player my Pristine fully loaded AKM would be taken from my dead hands!

Welcome to realism. Enjoy your stay!

Definite boost in FPS with the new patch, that is much appreciated. I've seen rubber-banding affect my character twice since the new patch, so its not eliminated, but definitely much less frequent.

I found the new AKM in the first server I joined after the update, as well as a 75 round drum. (luck, i guess).

The AKM is great overall, except for the weapon sway. But I think that's affecting all guns from what i've read on here.  Its really bad, I dont even need to be running prior, I just pull up the iron sights on the AKM while standing still, and the aim jumps around like Michael J Fox is holding my mouse.

However, if you strafe left or right while aiming (like the video someone posted on this thread) the aim is smooth and steady. Why would my aim IMPROVE when I start moving? Please fix this immediately.

Realism? How do you explain that the "sway" goes away when you start strafing left or right? If it were "realism" like you say, that sway would get worse, not improve, once you start strafing.

Edited by blaeZ

Realism? How do you explain that the "sway" goes away when you start strafing left or right? If it were "realism" like you say, that sway would get worse, not improve, once you start strafing.

An obvious bug that wouldn't help your accuracy at all since you're moving anyway. The idea behind it, is that you're not going to have perfect accuracy at a 800m shot with a rifle that was developed in the late 1800's. Use your noggin' and quit your cryin'

It has nowt to do with realism! This is another example of a developer turning the sway dial a little too far. It just needs an adjustment. By the way John Maclean, a sniper rifle at a prone position supported by a bipod has a lot of stability

Edited by Poindexter

An obvious bug that wouldn't help your accuracy at all since you're moving anyway. The idea behind it, is that you're not going to have perfect accuracy at a 800m shot with a rifle that was developed in the late 1800's. Use your noggin' and quit your cryin'

I don't think you understand much of what I said. It's fine, carry on in your ignorance.

Have you ever handled a weapon before? Just because I start moving left and right doesn't mean my weapon starts gyrating in an orbital manner.

In all honesty, weapon sway isn't really noticed unless you are stationary taking medium-long range shots. Whenever you're moving around and you have the weapon pulled tight against your shoulder (as they teach you to do when you fire a weapon), your weapon won't sway.

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

It has nowt to do with realism! This is another example of a developer turning the sway dial a little too far. It just needs an adjustment. By the way John Maclean, a sniper rifle at a prone position supported by a bipod has a lot of stability

Rc480rA.jpg

Tell me more about your 7 and a half year long military experience. It does provide stability, no one said that it doesn't - but the use of a bipod & a good firing position is never going to make that bullet hit your target. 

I don't think you understand much of what I said. It's fine, carry on in your ignorance.

I don't think you understand the word bug, but you continue to ignore what's in front of you as well, why can't I? Suck it up buttercup, you want to kill someone from an 800m shot? Try a little harder and stop depending on broken game mechanics.

Edited by emigrates
  • Like 1

Have you ever handled a weapon before? Just because I start moving left and right doesn't mean my weapon starts gyrating in an orbital manner.

Yes I have. I spent 3 years in the army, so i have handled and fired a variety of weapons. Thanks for asking.

If I stand completely still and im down the iron sight of my AKM, the weapon moves about left and right like im wiggling the mouse. (even though im standing completely still and havent been running prior to aiming). Now once I start moving left or right while still aiming down the sights, the aim suddently becomes VERY stable.

Standing still + aiming down sight = major weapon sway

Strafing left or right + aiming down sight = no weapon sway

Keep in mind that, in both instances I am looking through the iron sights/aiming down sight. Why would the aim suddenly improve ONLY when you start moving?

I don't think you understand the word bug, but you continue to ignore what's in front of you as well, why can't I? Suck it up buttercup, you want to kill someone from an 800m shot? Try a little harder and stop depending on broken game mechanics.

I never said anything about an 800m shot, buttercup. I think you're confusing who you're arguing with. <_<

Edited by blaeZ

Rc480rA.jpg

Tell me more about your 7 and a half year long military experience. It does provide stability, no one said that it doesn't - but the use of a bipod & a good firing position is never going to make that bullet hit your target. 

Rc480rA.jpg

Troll much?

hey, it seems like pistol mags can finally be found in an acceptable amount.

one unlooted balota without camp gave me 2 fnx mags, 2 cr75 mags, 1 amphibia s mag and 1 m1911 mag.

before the patch: unlooted balota: 0 pistol mags (were they even able to spawn there ?), firestations: if you are VERY lucky 1-2 mags

sooooo this version is flooded with M4s and ammo again ... great .... 

Breaking down a splinter into rag+sticks yields only a stick, not the rag.

Yes I have. I spent 3 years in the army, so i have handled and fired a variety of weapons. Thanks for asking.

If I stand completely still and im down the iron sight of my AKM, the weapon moves about left and right like im wiggling the mouse. (even though im standing completely still and havent been running prior to aiming). Now once I start moving left or right while still aiming down the sights, the aim suddently becomes VERY stable.

Keep in mind that, in both instances I am looking through the iron sights/aiming down sight. Why would the aim suddenly improve ONLY when you start moving?

I spent some years in the military as well and I had to do routine target practice aboard a moving ship and there wasn't as much movement as right now with a lrs. So sorry to say that "emigrates" but ignorant or inexperienced are the right terms to describe your comments.

I also keep reading that you can't mount a rail type bipod to a mosin which is wrong, it just requires a bit of handmade modification. I also keep reading 700-800 meters are too much of a distance for a mosin which is also wrong as can be seen here:

(800 yards equals 731 meters)

and here:

New rifles are more accurate obviously but that doesn't mean that older rifles weren't. We are not talking about early revolvers from colt here after all. There are also other factors that played into the development of newer rifles like weight, amount of ammunition that can be carried (also relates to weight), size of the weapon aso. So if you want more realism it could be necessary to find a screwdiver and a costum modification set to add the bipod to a mosin but it should stay in the game.

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

hey, it seems like pistol mags can finally be found in an acceptable amount.

one unlooted balota without camp gave me 2 fnx mags, 2 cr75 mags, 1 amphibia s mag and 1 m1911 mag.

before the patch: unlooted balota: 0 pistol mags (were they even able to spawn there ?), firestations: if you are VERY lucky 1-2 mags

I noticed this as well during my recent hunt for the AKM. Pistol mags almost in every tent as well as in the barracks, and of course just as I didn't need them because I am very happy with my 357.

I spent some years in the military as well and I had to do routine target practice aboard a moving ship and there wasn't as much movement as right now with a lrs. So sorry to say that "emigrates" but ignorant or inexperienced are the right terms to describe your comments.

Regardless of everything that has been said up to this point.... Just explain this logically:

I am standing still, upright, aiming down the sight of my AKM. My hand is off the mouse. The AKM shakes wildly without any input from the mouse. Now, as I start to move left, WHILE STILL AIMING DOWN SIGHT, the AKM is suddenly stable. No wild shaking left and right.

The only thing that changed is I went from standing still (an inherently stable position) to moving left. I think you can agree that any movement while aiming should logically make the aim less stable, but against all odds, the aim IMPROVES when I start moving.

Your move, troll.

Edited by blaeZ

There's a severe issue that has my friends and I very confused...

So, on the regular servers , I have two characters: my old one before 0.45 and my character post-0.45.

How do I get rid of this? 

goddamn this is not the endgame..

whining... whining... whining... thats all... goddamnnit!

U GOT A NEW PATCH!  Stop complaining and be glad the devs dont start random resets every week... its still an alpha...

Back to topic... thx devs great job as everytime had fun tonight!

Here's the thing. If you are allowed to give your best opinion, then the rest of us are allowed to give the worst opinion. 

When I've purchased DayZ I knew it was on alpha stage, ages testing videogames thought me what an Alpha is and what you are supoused to expect about it. THIS, what's going on right now with DayZ it's now what you should expect about and Alpha release.

Yes, you can expect texture problems, crashes, perfomance issues and tunning things such as how many akm should appear, or where... But persistance is something you need to ensure to the players, specially when they've decided to support your game and your studio.

And no, I'm not talking or complaining about the M4 not spawning as easily on previous patches... I'm talking about something as simple as being able to keep your items after you die. Why? Because it's the main core of the game: you fight, you die, you respawn. Changing servers and having everything back to 0 is the clear proof that developers are not testing their code. They are just coding, coding, coding, pushing and trying to keep up with the deadlines leaving the quality behind.

And quality, my friend, is crucial for a game. Alpha, right now, it's not an excuse. It's the state that highlights the fact that you have a great user base willing to support you and you can't even handle them a build where their characters persist.

• Like 3

What are you talking about?

i am talking about the point that every second person i met had a fully equipped m4 with a lot of ammo, of course they all shot on sight.... what else to do with a M4  ..... -.-  , i managed to kill one after many deaths and he even had multiple 60round stacks of 5.56 ammo, i could not use them, but maybe there already is a way again to use them odr even get a M4 by cheating .... 

just saying .... maybe i just had real baluck to meet everyone with a M4 they had from before or even hackers .... but really almost every second person had one ....  :/

Edited by SMoOoVEeR

There's a severe issue that has my friends and I very confused...

So, on the regular servers , I have two characters: my old one before 0.45 and my character post-0.45.

How do I get rid of this? 

Elaborate, how do you play on two different characters? Is it random which one is assigned to you when you join a server?

Another moron who doesnt get it. Wow. Regardless of everything that has been said up to this point.... Just explain this logically:

I am standing still, upright, aiming down the sight of my AKM. My hand is off the mouse. The AKM shakes wildly without any input from the mouse. Now, as I start to move left, WHILE STILL AIMING DOWN SIGHT, the AKM is suddenly stable. No wild shaking left and right.

The only thing that changed is I went from standing still (an inherently stable position) to moving left. I think you can agree that any movement while aiming should logically make the aim less stable, but against all odds, the aim IMPROVES when I start moving.

Your move, troll.

You didn't even read my comment. I wasn't even adressing you. If anything I was supporting your argument, that is why I quoted your post and not emigrates. That and because you stated that you are talking from personal experience. You might want to read my above comment carefully again. I didn't even once adressed the actual content of your quote. So what exactly are you talking about?

Edited by TyrDaishi

"If it were "realism" like you say, that sway would get worse, not improve, once you start strafing."

That wouldn't be realism, that would be bullshit, because that doesn't happen. Your ability to utilize the weapon's accuracy will lessen, but surely the sway will not increase. Unless you are one of those people that can never learn to pull the weapon tight against their shoulder.

Edited by SFRGaming