kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Ok so... After a few hours of playing DayZ audio cut out, then screen froze, Alt tabbed out wouldn't let me it was like my mouse and keyboad was locked to DayZ, i CTRL + ALT + DEL and go on task manager, and it makes my task manager not respond because the box saying "DAyZ has stopped Responding" had stopped responding itself, so it's in a worse state than what it was, or is it just both me an my friend that encountered the same problem at the same time just pure chance? We both had to improper shut down because of it, ridiculous.

I can't even play , i died  , then i respawned  , looted some things , got myself some decent gear then my game crash from all suden  (i was aware that my char gonna reset) , respawned fresh again , played a bit more , game crash back to the coast again..

After so much time on experimental this is what we get ? i feel like after so much patience and faith on devs they just decide to throw a turd on my face

Confirmed: If a tree 'steals' your stuff (aka you drop an object in a tree and it just floats there unable to be picked back up) you can chop it down and retrieve your stuff! Just saved a protector case that had a pristine copy of The Art of War in it after giving it up as gone while I was building a fire.

• Like 1

Confirmed: AK is in the game.

Also, the sway on the mosing with lrs is absolutely shocking, sitting still for 5 minutes and aim the gun and its still swaying about like crazy. Even an amatuer shooter could hold the gun steadier irl, fix this please.

• Like 2

..//..

would you rather chop a tree down, gather sticks and cloth to start a fire, then gather matches to light it, then go out and hunt a deer, be sure to have a knife on you....then get a cooking pot........and cook the meat...and be sure not to burn it...

(than eat a can)

..//..

uh... yep

xx

• Like 2

oookkkk,i had an ammo box pre patch full of 60 stacks M4 rounds (Non glitched non hacked just stacked up from multiple airfield looting) try to load them and a red <3 pops up in the chat, seriously? You're punishing people for stocking up bullets? That's ridiculous. I can understand it for the hackers, but you're punishing people for stacking up packs of 60? What the eff is that about? so everytime we empty a 60 round stanag mag it splits into 2 30's which i knew was coming, but  all the ammo i kept before the patch i have to lose because of some little hackers? That's hardly right surely? I stocked up on 600 rounds, and now got none, pathetic.

Edited by Aj90lfc

Can't enter a server, having an issue where it says Configuration of Change, and pbo. files not being Signed by a Key Accepted by the Server.

Tried Running Steam in Admin Mode

Tried Verifying Files

Tried Reinstalling Steam

Tried Updating Video Files

Tried Updaying Audio Files

Tried Updating .Net / C++ Configuration Code

Tried Updating DirectX

And Tried Removing the Files Listed (Bad Idea, cause it crashed the game on opening).

Any ideas?

Files Claiming haven't been signed by a Key:

Animals.pbo

Anims.pbo

Assets_Buildings.pbo

dta/core.pbo

dta/languagecore.pbo

• Like 1

oookkkk,i had an ammo box pre patch full of 60 stacks M4 rounds (Non glitched non hacked just stacked up from multiple airfield looting) try to load them and a red <3 pops up in the chat, seriously? You're punishing people for stocking up bullets? That's ridiculous. I can understand it for the hackers, but you're punishing people for stacking up packs of 60? What the eff is that about? so everytime we empty a 60 round stanag mag it splits into 2 30's which i knew was coming, but  all the ammo i kept before the patch i have to lose because of some little hackers? That's hardly right surely? I stocked up on 600 rounds, and now got none, pathetic.

I actually saw that red heart pop up when I was trying to reload an empty mag m4 from ammo in an ammo case. What's up with that?

If that's true I'm suddenly not so sure I'm sad I can't really play now.

Edited by DreadGrunt

Has glitching into the walls in the prisons at Airfields been fixed?

Someone got just kicked for incorrect military_building.pbo ! I don't remember the exact file anymore, but it was called something like that.

So.. I call it a "maybe" :D

AKM confirmed. Still haven't found a mag for it. 

Also no M4 ammo, except on the heli crash side I found

Edited by RoterBallon

I have been having a crash issue. It seemed to start after some problems with my resolution. After I changed servers my resolution was changed. I couldnt change it back. Still can't Everything looks stretched.

So far the times it happened to me (crashed) this is what I did to fix it. I leave the server I am on then I alt tab to go to desktop then alt tab back into server list. Then join a server. If I do not join a server by doing the alt tab my game crashes everytime.

Edited by CrystalGrimm

Tried to log in: "you are dead". Full stuffed, all pristine.  >:(

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

• Like 5

Running around in a server and 4 of us just died on the spot when we got a yellow chainlink, great patch guys! What happened: The server we were on reset, we rejoined, we ran for 20 seconds and we all died with the messages "MY leg is painful" "My leg is in extreme pain" "I think my leg is broken" i think and we died

Edited by Aj90lfc

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

The sense of running around for days gathering supplies and lose it all is strong with this one, too right i feel annoyed by it. Losing a whole 300 round box containing 600 rounds? Think i'm in every position to complain having a useless M4 which you can't find at all anymore when it has full pristine parts.

Someone got just kicked for incorrect military_building.pbo ! I don't remember the exact file anymore, but it was called something like that.

So.. I call it a "maybe" :D

AKM confirmed. Still haven't found a mag for it. 

Also no M4 ammo, except on the heli crash side I found

So.. going to post a picture with that AKM? It's not in the patch notes and after several restarts I'm yet to see it, just lots of it's attachments.

. Weird purple glow around character and items in gear menu, seen quite a few people report this now. Only does it in sunlight, possible shaders issue?

. Crashing when returning to main menu. Affected my friends all night plus myself. 

Apart from that, that's all I noticed. It's an Alpha still, I'm willing to accept stuff goes wrong. 

On every server restart, no matter which server, my character has been reset as well as my friend's.  Not sure if anyone is experiencing this but beware.

And the weapon sway is absolutely ridiculous now.

• Like 2

On every server restart, no matter which server, my character has been reset as well as my friend's. Not sure if anyone is experiencing this but beware.

And the weapon sway is absolutely ridiculous now.

Stated several times, both here and in General Discussion.

Running around in a server and 4 of us just died on the spot when we got a yellow chainlink, great patch guys! What happened: The server we were on reset, we rejoined, we ran for 20 seconds and we all died with the messages "MY leg is painful" "My leg is in extreme pain" "I think my leg is broken" i think and we died

I think server admins have just been given full control and can do whatever they want to you now...

Like seriously it seems like it I've crashed to the desktop 4 out of 5 times, 1 of which was after probably not even a minute.

Also every time a zombie hits me I start bleeding, so much for random chance.

"it's an alpha" doesn't cut it, they took forever to get this patch "ready" and somehow it's very broken how did they not notice this many issues?

Edited by UltimateGentleman

The sense of running around for days gathering supplies and lose it all is strong with this one, too right i feel annoyed by it. Losing a whole 300 round box containing 600 rounds? Think i'm in every position to complain having a useless M4 which you can't find at all anymore when it has full pristine parts.

goddamn this is not the endgame..

whining... whining... whining... thats all... goddamnnit!

U GOT A NEW PATCH!  Stop complaining and be glad the devs dont start random resets every week... its still an alpha...

Back to topic... thx devs great job as everytime had fun tonight!

• Like 3