Crazy_Spider

Where do I find the AKM?

The fact that the actual "pistol grip" bit isn't able to be painted black will annoy me to no end.

Doesn't bother me too badly considering the wood handguard and folding stock is my jam anyway. :D

I have been looting pretty much all day and have not come across a single AKM yet. Before the patch that added the rail system they seemed to be everywhere. Now I've got hundreds of rounds, plenty mags, and every single attachment (including the ones that come with the gun) in pristine condition, but can't for the life of me find the damned rifle! I just want to carry it around in the woods and look at it, telling myself how cool it is lol.

Edited by Hells High

Police Stations, finding a drum on the other hand is not easy, my mate found one and gave it to me in exchange for a LRS, uses the same ammo as the SKS, worth their weight in gold...

your mate must have been pretty peeved when he realized that the lrs is now spawning all over the place!

• Like 1

I found mine at the Vybor Base.  It was in one of the barrack buildings next to a bed.  I found another in the bunk building next to the tents at NWAF.

I found mine on a dumb-ass named Gary. Gary needs to either learn to check pulses, or know the leg position difference between people that are unconscious or dead

• Like 4

Got mine yesterday. A guy barricaded himself in a military prison at NWAF and KOSed one guy of my group. We got him, and he had two AKMs on him, with one 30Rnd Mag. We looted the NWAF two times, Vybor mil. base two times, green mountain prison, 2 barracks and one military prison in Zelenogorsk, four barracks in Pavlovo mil. base, and Balota Airfield two times, and i found a total of ONE 75 Rnd. Mag. But the moment when you finally find one after searching for several hours is priceless ;)

Found AKM at barracks at Balota today. 2 30 round mags at tent camp there. Lots of ammo for it everywhere as well. Even managed to find a damaged buttstock to switch the badly damaged one it came with. Also found the PSO scope same place, as well as the rail handguard, but that last one looks ugly as hell, so I doubt I will use it.

Still no sight of the 75 round mag. For a second I thought I had found one here, but curse you can of sardines:

2014-06-19_00003.jpg

Edited by BadAsh

op, how about just playing the game, and finding out for yourself?

Still no sight of the 75 round mag. For a second I thought I had found one here, but curse you can of sardines:

The 75Rnd. Mag is huge, far bigger than that :D

• Like 1

It's all luck of the draw man, although I will say that it looks like the amount in the world is far less than it was in experimental, which is a good thing. I made multiple trips to NWAF, Balota & Police stations along the way & never saw a single one in 5+ hours of play. Unlucky.

Success! After running around the entire map for about 3 days I found my first AKM post EXP push (they used to be everywhere).

The joke of it is, I found my first one in one of the barracks at the Kamenka/Pavlovo base. After getting all excited and sticking the pristine furniture on, I moved to the next room. Lo and behold a second AKM. The DayZ gods are cruel jokesters.

• Like 4

I found mine on a dumb-ass named Gary. Gary needs to either learn to check pulses, or know the leg position difference between people that are unconscious or dead

Hahaha!

The coolest post on this forum yet!

Success! After running around the entire map for about 3 days I found my first AKM post EXP push (they used to be everywhere).

The joke of it is, I found my first one in one of the barracks at the Kamenka/Pavlovo base. After getting all excited and sticking the pristine furniture on, I moved to the next room. Lo and behold a second AKM. The DayZ gods are cruel jokesters.

Give me the second one!

I'll be your butler for a week!

Random chopper sites.

I found my AKM on the top of the factory building South of Berezino by the way.

The hard part will be finding a clip. I searched the airfields roughly a dozen times and didn't find a single one!

But later I was surprised to find one in a construction site building

Found 30rd mags in the top floor of the Military jails in the NE airfield. Found 75rd drum mags in the barracks in balota. Haven't found the akm yet.

Found 30rd mags in the top floor of the Military jails in the NE airfield. Found 75rd drum mags in the barracks in balota. Haven't found the akm yet.

Lol, I found a mag at NW, got shot by 2 snipers, then by an SKS, and SOMEHOW survived all that, but ruined my mag in the process. Then the next day I found an AK, but failed to find a new magazine, so I just got one from my friend. I've actually not killed anyone or any animals yet with it, so I have yet to feel it's power. But I definitely can shoot it more accurately, as I have done some tests. And the 7.62 Caliber bullet should do a lot more damage than it's 5.56 counterpart.

• Like 1

I'm actually having the opposite problem a lot of you are having. I have 6 30 round AKM mags, a PSO scope, AKM Ris and a foding stock, but for the life of me I can't find an AKM at ANY of the military bases, airfields, or police stations.

Finally, after countless hours of looking for the damn thing, finding parts (found at least 10 30 rounders and 3 drums, obviously lost em due to character wipes) I got my hands on that piece of beauty! Ris handguard (It's actually sad that there's no top rail, so we could attach a RDS), Flashlight, folding stock, and two 30 rounders. Found it under a bunk bed in the Mil. Base near Vybor. So stoked, I have been looking for it for litterally 2 days straight, and lost everything about half a dozen times. Here's my first character, the one I had since release, which I lost 2 days ago due to character wipe. My character was litterally endgear, had tons of coupled mags, and everything you need to survive for days on ends:

2014-04-11_00002_zpsfc6f0757.jpg

2014-04-11_00003_zpsaaea051b.jpg

And here's my character now:

2014-06-21_00002_zps2b8a8080.jpg

2014-06-21_00003_zpsd1dcdf97.jpg

2014-06-21_00004_zps8f50b3c7.jpg

Just gotta find some drum magazines and I'm pretty much set. Still sucks you can't put a RDS on that handguard.

I can't find the bloody AKM, even though I did it easily in experimental. We've raided airfields, killed people there, and went to other spawns.

It's not there. I have the parts and mags for it, but no AKM. 

I can't find the bloody AKM, even though I did it easily in experimental. We've raided airfields, killed people there, and went to other spawns.

It's not there. I have the parts and mags for it, but no AKM. 

Took me two days of intense search going back and forth from NWAF to the military base to find it. We finally found it under a bunkbed in a barrack at the Military base near Vybor. Found tons of magazines & drums on my older character, now I that I have the AKM I can't find a drum mag... That sucks, guess I'll stick with my two 30 rounders & some spare ammo stacks

I have found three 30 round magazines in the tents at NWAF, as well as the pristine folding stock and tactical guard.  I was given the only drum I have, and I only found the one AKM in the barracks at Vybor.

Certainly a less frequent drop than the M4's were.

After 3 days of searching and not finding one akm (found a heli and an m4 though without any ammo), I decided to screw it and head south.

I finally had some luck, in the military barracks near Pavlovo, found one under a bed, hard to spot if I haven't gone prone. So be sure to check thoroughly every room.