Crazy_Spider

Where do I find the AKM?

Before you start screaming at me calling me a noob, I understand where I could probably find one (Airfields, police stations, schools), but what I really want to know, is where do you guys find them most often, and have you found a drum mag?

Before you start screaming at me calling me a noob, I understand where I could probably find one (Airfields, police stations, schools), but what I really want to know, is where do you guys find them most often, and have you found a drum mag?

Got no fucking idea mate. Havn't even played Experimental to find it. Been to busy with some new games. Useless reply obviously but, got to get to 666 posts. Might stop there. but, as i was saying. Heard that is a great fucking weapon that.

• Like 3

Spider, the AKM spawns in the exact same places as an M4 in stable. The akm took the place of the M4 and the M4 got moved to choppers only. So just look where you would for M4s normally and you will find one. Yes airfields and military are your best bet.

M4 got moved to choppers only.

Randomly crashed choppers or downed choppers like this one near balota or wrecked tanker ship?

Random chopper sites.

I found my AKM on the top of the factory building South of Berezino by the way.

The hard part will be finding a clip. I searched the airfields roughly a dozen times and didn't find a single one!

But later I was surprised to find one in a construction site building

• Like 1

Been to busy with some new games.

Don't play Watch Dogs, play Dayz! ;)

Don't play Watch Dogs, play Dayz! ;)

Fuck all with that shite. Bought it, played it, done with it. Going for Enemy Front (Fuck that aswell) but might aswell finish it. The forest (Got to have atleast 20 hours) and lastly I am awaiting the new Sniper Elite....Let the beginning of waiting in the woods for a new game....begin. Also excited aswell for that new engine infusion coming along.

• Like 1

is it happening today is it coming to stable? please say yes

Police Stations, finding a drum on the other hand is not easy, my mate found one and gave it to me in exchange for a LRS, uses the same ammo as the SKS, worth their weight in gold...

lQXUIOK.png

• Like 2

I found mine on top of a kiosk - I think all guns and ammo can spawn up there; other stuff too. I didn't know this for a long time but now I check every booth I see.

• Like 3

The AK will spawn whereever the m4 used to spawn, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to eventually find one.

Mags are a bit more difficult though. In exp they only spawned at military loot spawns, airfields, military camps, and never in great quantities. I never succeeded in finding a 75-mag, though I met others who had, and I only ever found 2 30-round mags during my entire time spent in the recent exp build.

NOOB!! no just kidding, where the M4 usually spawns (police station, military buildings)

I found my akm in an office/school building, can't remember the city but it was across from a police station. It was in the last room on the right on the top floor. Ran around for a week trying to find or trade for a magazine...no luck though

Police Stations, finding a drum on the other hand is not easy, my mate found one and gave it to me in exchange for a LRS, uses the same ammo as the SKS, worth their weight in gold...

lQXUIOK.png

Hey. Can we exchange? I can give you 75 mag for AK or PSO-1 Scope for AK  :)

And also smth for this perfect clothes. I didnt find it anywere on stable today :)

Edited by Thundefined

Air Fields for the AKM. They do spawn in Police Stations and other random spots, but if you really want one…Air Fields.

Drums mags…tents and lowrise barracks. I've found 4 this way in experimental. Haven't found one in stable yet so...

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Balota tent city I bet is swimming in them, considering you could walk in and out with over a dozen various M4 mags before.

Air Fields for the AKM. They do spawn in Police Stations and other random spots, but if you really want one…Air Fields.

Drums mags…tents and lowrise barracks. I've found 4 this way in experimental. Haven't found one in stable yet so...

I've founded 75 mag for AK and 30 mag also. Founded Scope and handguard. But didnt founded AK!

• Like 1

Side-issue

Can we currently paint the stock of the AKM? Or is it not working still?

seems that AKM-s are in barracks only... and do not paint 75drum, it will turn into 30 mag

I was running around in Experimental last week with a black stocked AKM. The painted texture wasn't that great but it was working. The foregrip wasn't paintable though.

Neat, yeah there's definitely something wrong with the texture. I think it's not overlaying properly, or something...

The fact that the actual "pistol grip" bit isn't able to be painted black will annoy me to no end. But I suspect it'll get covered by the avatar's hand anyhow. Definitely interested in seeing an all-black AKM in-game.

The rail system looks pretty rad as well. I still think they need to put up a foregrip, having everything flopping with a bipod is kind of annoying. I'd like a bit more flexibility with the rail systems in-game.

Edited by Katana67

Neat, yeah there's definitely something wrong with the texture. I think it's not overlaying properly, or something...

The fact that the actual "pistol grip" bit isn't able to be painted black will annoy me to no end. But I suspect it'll get covered by the avatar's hand anyhow. Definitely interested in seeing an all-black AKM in-game.

The rail system looks pretty rad as well. I still think they need to put up a foregrip as well, having everything flopping with a bipod is kind of annoying. I'd like a bit more flexibility with the rail systems in-game.

I was running a minmaxed AK with a folding stock and no hand guard. Either of the stocks is all you need to nospread the gun.