dubghall

Why are there basically no 3pp:off servers - grow a pair.

You guys have no bloody idea what a competitive game is. Ever played dayzero? It's almost exactly what Standalone will become as soon as the weaponry arsenal increases and vehicles and lootstoringmeasures are implemented. Yesterday my team got wiped by an enemy team, then we reequiped and wiped another whole 7 guys squad. How is that not competitive? We fought for dominance on the airfield. And in the future it will only increase as new weapons and items may spawn from crashsites. When the silencers start working the m4 will be the only rifle with a silencer, that alone will make the m4 more desired than ever, and groups will battle for crashsites.

DayZero has more enterable buildings then Standalone btw.

I play both regular and hardcore and generally never use 3rd person in regular, but I do think it serves to provide a more realistic sense of your surroundings because the game can't provide that extra sense of the 'real' where you can feel and sense your surroundings apart from that which you can directly see. I don't have a problem with peeps using 3rd person but personally I don't use it much as a find it less immersive.

Is there a tournament scene for DayZ like CoD, CS, Starcraft 2, LoL, Dota? No

Is there gonna be one? No. Because there are no Winning conditions or failure state. 

It has no rounds, timer or point system.

Therefore the game is not competitive.

Once modding is allowed and private servers can be created- Yes

There are many things that we could do if you use your imagination. For example:

Battle Royale- could be developed into a DAY Z Standalone competitive event

Race Events on servers with vechicles

Battle events in  a set location

survival games

base raids with a prize

AI location on a map with teams fighting over it

Im shocked seriously I am. So this is how a part of the DayZ Community thinks? Lamecore? God and I thought the DayZ Community was mature, well u should expect it, its rated 18. But no, you guys think u are better, because u are playing a game differntly. Im really sorry for u, that u have to make ur life better, because i cant see any reason why a grown man, who has a fullfilling life would push himself with a game.

That said, yeah I like to play "Lamecore" , because its realistic. Does Dayz give me a 180° View? Its just 90° guys, nothing compared to the rl. You can´t peak over a Wall in first person and even if u could, you would not expose urself, because just a little bit of ur head would stick out. But yeah i dont care anymore i raed 12 Pages of People arguing for and against third person.

And MLG420blasezeit speaking of gene-pool, probably an adult, who has a pokemon as Avatar, calling himself blasezeit ( german-Blowtime and yeah i think he mean it that way) wants to have a genocide. I have lost my faith in the DayZ Community, but it was kinda naive to think, that u will only meet mature People in the forum.

Have a nice day guys.

Im shocked seriously I am. So this is how a part of the DayZ Community thinks? Lamecore? God and I thought the DayZ Community was mature, well u should expect it, its rated 18. But no, you guys think u are better, because u are playing a game differntly. Im really sorry for u, that u have to make ur life better, because i cant see any reason why a grown man, who has a fullfilling life would push himself with a game.

That said, yeah I like to play "Lamecore" , because its realistic. Does Dayz give me a 180° View? Its just 90° guys, nothing compared to the rl. You can´t peak over a Wall in first person and even if u could, you would not expose urself, because just a little bit of ur head would stick out. But yeah i dont care anymore i raed 12 Pages of People arguing for and against third person.

And MLG420blasezeit speaking of gene-pool, probably an adult, who has a pokemon as Avatar, calling himself blasezeit ( german-Blowtime and yeah i think he mean it that way) wants to have a genocide. I have lost my faith in the DayZ Community, but it was kinda naive to think, that u will only meet mature People in the forum.

Have a nice day guys.

If your head was above the wall, then you would be exposed. Same as if you leaned around the corner. Most hardcore only players dont have a problem with the idea of 3pp, they have a problem with the way it can be exploited in game by using it to observe around corners/over walls without taking the risk of actually peeking around it as you would irl.

You can´t peak over a Wall in first person and even if u could, you would not expose urself, because just a little bit of ur head would stick out. 

This... makes... no... sense.

Line of sight is an absolute, it's either there or not. If you look and expose yourself, you expose yourself, it's implicit. It doesn't matter if it's a little bit or not. The difference between Hardcore and Lamecore is simple. In one you need to expose yourself to gain that line of sight - the classic risk/reward scenario - while in the other you don't need to at all, instead you already have that advantage without needing to expose yourself - in essence a reward/reward scenario. 

To be fair I do think that the FPS viewpoint needs work. The stances need to be amended to work with the scenery (and perhaps half stances included in the game) and the interaction with walls and ledges need improving so that you can peek over them, and the interaction with windows could be improved so that the advantage from using them increased (as it would be in real life), but ultimately when you remove the risk element completely from the surrounding environment, while introducing an uneven playing field (in some cases in Lamecore players can see you when you can't see them, even beyond line of sight) then you are removing a huge element from the game. 

As a nice analogy those who play Lamecore are like those who drive automatic transmission cars, they just like some of the work done for them, and anyone who drives cars will know that it's an infinitely more enjoyable experience driving a manual transmission.

Edited by ricp

If your head was above the wall, then you would be exposed. Same as if you leaned around the corner. Most hardcore only players dont have a problem with the idea of 3pp, they have a problem with the way it can be exploited in game by using it to observe around corners/over walls without taking the risk of actually peeking around it as you would irl.

Now that makes 0 sense......how can they possibly have a problem with a view that is DISABLED on the harcore servers....IE impossible to exploit?

This is the thing I can never get my head around.....why does it matter if it dosent effect you?

Its like a neighbour telling you what colour to paint your bedroom.....what does it matter to them....they never going to be there! 

If I was that bothered and just had to only play 1st because I feel so much is an exploit, and that im incapable of adapting to others using it.....id be on the forums thanking the devs for giving me a place where I don't have to worry about it.

And all you "lamecore" "3pp scrubs" "easymode"....you all need a reality check....

If 3pp is like wallhacking....

if 3pp is an EXPLOIT....

if 3pp is cheating....

Then logic dictates its harder to play against those players....its not hard to grasp....a player that can see over a wall is much more of a threat than one who cannot.

Basically you are dubbing something a cheat.....when its your own failure to adapt to a situation with more possabilities....MAN UP!

Now that makes 0 sense......how can they possibly have a problem with a view that is DISABLED on the harcore servers....IE impossible to exploit?

This is the thing I can never get my head around.....why does it matter if it dosent effect you?

Its like a neighbour telling you what colour to paint your bedroom.....what does it matter to them....they never going to be there! 

If I was that bothered and just had to only play 1st because I feel so much is an exploit, and that im incapable of adapting to others using it.....id be on the forums thanking the devs for giving me a place where I don't have to worry about it.

And all you "lamecore" "3pp scrubs" "easymode"....you all need a reality check....

If 3pp is like wallhacking....

if 3pp is an EXPLOIT....

if 3pp is cheating....

Then logic dictates its harder to play against those players....its not hard to grasp....a player that can see over a wall is much more of a threat than one who cannot.

Basically you are dubbing something a cheat.....when its your own failure to adapt to a situation with more possabilities....MAN UP!

Because it segregates the community.  It's a common fact that the majority would take the least path of resistance in gameplay and that is 3pp.  It does not belong in a fucking online shooter.  So now the community is divided because people suck at playing shooters and need a crutch to help them get easy mode kills.  

Okay I give in and post again. The People who are telling me u are exposing urself in 1p when u peek, can u answear me one question? To whom are u exposing urself? The guy with his 90° View who is in front of u and doesnt know u are behind him? To the guy who is 200-300 meter away from you? To the guy who is passing ur building u are In? I can only think of a few scenario where the other Player will see you peeking at him. Most of u guys know how to hide urself, when they notice that there is someone around.

I dont want to say that third person is better but neither should you. They have their own downs and ups. If you want to play in first person have fun with it, im happy u can enjoy this game, but dont try to ruin it for others, because thats just being a d*ck.

Btw. Caboose187 the only Segregation i can see comes from first person People, who demand that this is the only way you should play. I didnt even know that this was a thing until now. People are different, get over it.

Edited by Ragnarookie

Because it segregates the community.  It's a common fact that the majority would take the least path of resistance in gameplay and that is 3pp.  It does not belong in a fucking online shooter.  So now the community is divided because people suck at playing shooters and need a crutch to help them get easy mode kills.  

This is NOT exclusively a shooting game.....many of us play with the mind set to avoid combat at all costs.

Once again saying its easier.....give me a good argument that counters this....

Playing against users of 3pp is harder because they can see over walls.

People are still going on about this?

Some of you really have nothing better to do with your time do you...

• Like 1

People are still going on about this?

Some of you really have nothing better to do with your time do you...

Well...you had the time to point out how others use there time.....see where im going with this lol :)

• Like 2

Well...you had the time to point out how others use there time.....see where im going with this lol :)

I really have nothing better to do at the minute.  Waiting for the reinstall as I keep getting a 3d.cfgjdfdjfjdv error when loading up which seems to result in a fresh character every time I log in.  Highly annoying.

This is NOT exclusively a shooting game.....many of us play with the mind set to avoid combat at all costs.

Once again saying its easier.....give me a good argument that counters this....

Playing against users of 3pp is harder because they can see over walls.

. This issue is about having a level playing field. 3pp inherently causes an unlevel playing field due to the exploit of peeking around corners without actually exposing yourself. 1pp prevents this by making you actually have to peak instead of safely staying in cover to observe. 1pp also actually makes the game MORE difficult than 3pp. No more safe peaking. No more observation without risk. No more camping the apartments with your head below wall level. Nothing is without risk in 1pp, while in 3pp there is no danger to observation. As I alluded to before quite a few times, I dont care if people want to play 3pp. I care about fixing 3pp so that it is no longer exploitable. Either through a repositioning of the camera, or by some iteration of the 4th wall mod. I honestly dont understand why anyone could be against fixing an obvious exploit in a game where such an advantage/disadvantage is a huge deal. The only reason I cant think of is that people are too attached to their exploiting ways to give them up. Its obvious on even a glancing look at the 3pp camera, that it is fundamentally broken. Watch any dayz youtube video. They are nothing but 3pp exploit vids. It cheapens strategy and tactics by making them useless. The only determination of who wins in a fight is who moves first, and the one that does usually loses.

Heres a nice thought experiment- Imagine if zombies were given the same type of view angle.(assume pathfinding/ai is finished) Imagine the tears that would be shed on this forum because "they shouldnt be able to see me Im behind a wall!"

Playing against 3pp players is actually easier. Just stay behind something, exploit the shit out of your camera, and wait for them to move.

• Like 1

Okay I give in and post again. The People who are telling me u are exposing urself in 1p when u peek, can u answear me one question? To whom are u exposing urself? The guy with his 90° View who is in front of u and doesnt know u are behind him? To the guy who is 200-300 meter away from you? To the guy who is passing ur building u are In? I can only think of a few scenario where the other Player will see you peeking at him. Most of u guys know how to hide urself, when they notice that there is someone around.

You need to ask? Really? I'm sure you can't be that daft. However just in case you are the term you are looking for is "line of sight".

Playing against 3pp players is actually easier. Just stay behind something, exploit the shit out of your camera, and wait for them to move.

Your enemy can do the exact same thing to you though.....it always seems to come down to what YOU can do.....not what the OTHER 99 players on the server can do. And btw if everyone has it the playing field is level.

They can also do that....sit behind an object and wait for you to reveal yourself. My point is that having an enemy that can do that is much more of a challenge to overcome. Lets take what you said with the zombies, hell yes they would be harder if they used 3pp and that renforces what im saying.....its harder to do battle with someone using 3pp that someone without.

I wont argue its harder for YOU  personally in 1st.....but its also harder for the other players. Its not like you are going up against 3pp in 1pp.....that would be a challenge increase.....but not when the rest of the server gets restricted aswell.  

Again going on about how its more difficult (only thinking about effect on YOU) not the other player entities on the server. You basically restrict the view of every other player reducing the chances dramaticly of being spotted by another. Try tailing someone on hardcore....they hardly ever see you. Now try on 3pp on....bet you don't get half as close.

Im against the 4th wall mod as its basically breaking the way 3pp was intended to be used. Its by design that you see over things/ around them. Its up to you to adapt to the new situations that arise from these new abilities. People love to call it broken to re-enfoce there argument when its untrue....that's how a 3pp camera should act.

Basically people just need to stop and think for a sec....is it actually harder to play a 1pp server or a 3pp....I say 3pp due to the inherent abilities of your enemies. Sure you get those abilities aswell but that dosent change the fact you could be being watched anytime by an unseen enemy. That one thing alone makes playing a 3pp server more difficult :)

Your enemy can do the exact same thing to you though.....it always seems to come down to what YOU can do.....not what the OTHER 99 players on the server can do. And btw if everyone has it the playing field is level.

They can also do that....sit behind an object and wait for you to reveal yourself. My point is that having an enemy that can do that is much more of a challenge to overcome. Lets take what you said with the zombies, hell yes they would be harder if they used 3pp and that renforces what im saying.....its harder to do battle with someone using 3pp that someone without.

I wont argue its harder for YOU  personally in 1st.....but its also harder for the other players. Its not like you are going up against 3pp in 1pp.....that would be a challenge increase.....but not when the rest of the server gets restricted aswell.  

Again going on about how its more difficult (only thinking about effect on YOU) not the other player entities on the server. You basically restrict the view of every other player reducing the chances dramaticly of being spotted by another. Try tailing someone on hardcore....they hardly ever see you. Now try on 3pp on....bet you don't get half as close.

Im against the 4th wall mod as its basically breaking the way 3pp was intended to be used. Its by design that you see over things/ around them. Its up to you to adapt to the new situations that arise from these new abilities. People love to call it broken to re-enfoce there argument when its untrue....that's how a 3pp camera should act.

Basically people just need to stop and think for a sec....is it actually harder to play a 1pp server or a 3pp....I say 3pp due to the inherent abilities of your enemies. Sure you get those abilities aswell but that dosent change the fact you could be being watched anytime by an unseen enemy. That one thing alone makes playing a 3pp server more difficult :)

You can spot the enemy from hundreds of meters away before they are even aware that you exist by looking over and around corners that you should not be able to do.   This is not an MMORPG like WoW.  That is not good gameplay.  

You can spot the enemy from hundreds of meters away before they are even aware that you exist by looking over and around corners that you should not be able to do.   This is not an MMORPG like WoW.  That is not good gameplay.  

Lets see if we can get a real answer...

This bothers you on your bubble wrap, ego boost, no peek, hardcore server how??

Or maybe an answer to my last question you skirted....

Playing against 3pp users is harder because they can see round walls....argue against...

PS you SHOULD be able to do that if you CHOOSE to play on a 3pp:on server.....they go hand in hand.

Edited by Karmaterror

Playing against 3pp users is harder because they can see round walls....argue against...

It's not harder.  I can sit on a roof top all day relaying where everyone is in a town/city to my friends like I was flying in a helicopter.  Do you not the the fucking problem?  It's a horrible mechanic.  It causes imbalance to gameplay.  No one shoot be able to spot someone that they can't fucking see.  Do you understand this?

Yes, there is 1pp servers but the point it is that it divides the player base in a tilted fashion where people are going to play the easier way.  That is bad for gameplay

Edited by Caboose187

It's not harder.  I can sit on a roof top all day relaying where everyone is in a town/city to my friends like I was flying in a helicopter.  Do you not the the fucking problem?  It's a horrible mechanic.  It causes imbalance to gameplay.  No one shoot be able to spot someone that they can't fucking see.  Do you understand this?

1. You never even responded to the 1st question....because we all know the answer.....it does not bother you....so why are you here moaning about it?

2. You AGAIN  only considering what YOU  can do. You really saying a server full of people that can do what you just described is easier to fight that a server full of players who cannot....please....

The simple fact is you run to the place where you are nice and cosy from what you just described then have the audacity to come on here and try to say you are on a harder mode of play. Any free thinking human who understands logic can see that the threat level is through the roof on a 3pp:on server compared to a 1pp server.

Hopefully this should clear things up:

It won't.  The 3pp crowd will just stick there fingers in their ears going "lalalalala"

Hopefully this should clear things up:

That vid shows exactly why you are much more likely to get shot on a 3pp on server.....thanks for posting it.

It also illustrates how much more of a challenge it is to play vs someone using the 3pp perspective.

Just to be clear, 1st is by far the more immersive and realistic view. Also its harder on the each individual player. But as a whole it reduces the threat level on the server 10 fold, due to every hostile having the same restriction in view. Thus the environment looses hostility, becoming an easier place to survive.

Anyway, all I can do is hope one day someone finds the words to explain to these 1st elitists that they are actually taking the "path of least resistance" by removing an ability from the servers playerbase.

It won't.  The 3pp crowd will just stick there fingers in their ears going "lalalalala"

All I can say is at least we try to give you coherent arguments, not just the same "this is bad gameplay" or " this view is easymode".,..the whole time ignoring our posts, not responding to valid arguments or direct questions......sort of like sticking your fingers in your ears an going lalalala.

That's all you ever do....no decent argument "playing against 3rd users is easier because...." or "it bothers me on my hardcore server because...."

No you just spout your propoganda then try to belittle others with some wise crack. Which btw, only shows the lack of a decent argument....and others that can think freely will see that bright as day. I mean its so transparent, you got killed by a peeker....no gg m8, or man I need to think about that next time and be more carefull.

What we get instead.....

Wahhhhhhh mummy they cheated waahhhhhhhh

Then the devs come along with that look only a parent knows....puts there arms around you and says...

"its ok....there there...wel make a special place for you ok....a nice place where they cant do that...and you can be all safe and cosy and never have to worry about it again...ok?"

*wiping away tears* "ok.....yeah.....thanks" *sniff sniff*"

few weeks later....

"our servers are empty.....they all in the cheating bs servers....ITS NOT FAIR! *stomps feet*

I bet the devs have that look again right now.......you know the one....the one that says...."why did we have kids again??"

• Like 3

The use of the terms babycore/lamecore has put me off playing 1st person. You can tell these people are angry because they don't play on their own designated servers but instead play on 3pp but in 1st person and die a lot. They are no different from people blaming hackers for every death.

Go play cringecore. I don't want to play a game with crybabies who want to force a way of playing on everyone.

I actually prefer 1st person games in every game ever but I'd prefer not to play with crybaby fascists and hardcore is where they play.

Edited by freethink