dubghall

Why are there basically no 3pp:off servers - grow a pair.

I play on hardcore servers all the time, filtered to the top of the list I get usually 20 choices, with at least two of them 40/40 and a bunch of 20-30/40 options so I don't get OP's rant.

how did this get to 7 pages? this crap is beat to death already.

Aye, not so much flogging a dead horse as beating a faint red stain into the core of the earth through sheer kinetic energy.

• Like 1

how did this get to 7 pages? this crap is beat to death already.

It dayz forum, sometimes we get carried away :P

There are too many elitist twats in this thread.

There's a reason why the majority of people play 3rd person and why epoch is the most popular game mode...

Because its BETTER. You can shit on it as much as you like, but it doesn't change the fact.

The Day Z you want will not happen. Your a vocal minority.

Edited by Jeansie

There's a reason why  the MAJORITY of people play 3rd person and why epoch is the most popular game mode...

Because its BETTER. You can shit on it as much as you like, but it doesn't change the fact.

I don't agree or disagree that one is better than the other, but using "what most people do" to back up what is better is not a valid argument.

For instance, more people eat food that is proven to be bad for them in the western world than don't, it doesn't mean it's right, it just means it is more convenient, maybe cheaper, or suits more people than the alternative, it doesn't mean that the majority are right, but it doesn't mean that the minority are right either.  It's just just a matter of what suits people, and it turns out that what suits more people is 3pp, the reasons why I wouldn't pretend to know, because I just don't have the information or know-how to interpret.

If you are talking what sells more games, then yes, it would seem that 3pp would sell more copies, but if we use the rationale  that what sells more is a better game then we would have to say that The Candy Crush Saga is a way better game than DayZ, because it sold more, and that just is not a fair comparison.

Seems there are elitists on both sides of the fence (pun not intended), and people who are happy to live and let live.

There are too many elitist twats in this thread.

There's a reason why the majority of people play 3rd person and why epoch is the most popular game mode...

The Day Z you want will not happen. Your a vocal minority.

No. It's for breast milk drinking noobs who can't man the fuck up. 

There's nothing manly about 1st person view.

Nice username...

There's nothing manly about 1st person view.

Nice username...

Nice reply. If you can't play the game because it's too hardcore, you don't have to play the game. This isn't a themepark game for everyone, neither is Arma or Starcraft 2. 

/\ is this a troll-age /\

are you angry that people are not all manly PVP gamer experts playing the Death match game that is DayZ on your terms?

I know why i like 3PP for my stories, and i don't kill players, why would i wanna man up?

Also, resent surveys say that the inter web is more female now (not saying more female on the net, different thing), so guessing some of that feminism is seeping into games.

Nice reply. If you can't play the game because it's too hardcore, you don't have to play the game. This isn't a themepark game for everyone, neither is Arma or Starcraft 2. 

also, this may be the first perma death game you have played so don't talk , hardcore. I am old enough to remember games before you could save progress. Chances are, most the game you have save after each mission or every 5 mins by auto save (cus most do). so when you make a mistake, you just load up again.

Edited by Sooden

Bleh

It's amazing how the entire community comes together every 3 days and so, discussing the same thing over again.

The arguments are exactly the same, even the insults are the same..

Like usual, this thread will soon die and be replaced by an exactly similar one, and the process will be repeated again... I think if George Orwell ever would have written a novel that took place in an internet forum, that forum would be a lot like this one

• Like 2

aH7sXvc.png

#fixed

fexew(1).jpg

Bleh

It's amazing how the entire community comes together every 3 days and so, discussing the same thing over again.

The arguments are exactly the same, even the insults are the same..

Like usual, this thread will soon die and be replaced by an exactly similar one, and the process will be repeated again... I think if George Orwell ever would have written a novel that took place in an internet forum, that forum would be a lot like this one

Yup, so best to just roll with it :)
Edited by Sooden

two different games imo. the first person evangelicals put me off hardcore even though I prefer 1st person to 3rd person as they are awful try hards.

reminds me of the atheists on reddit. I don't believe in god but hearing some of those cringeworthy atheists I've started pretend to be christian.

how about the first person moaners actually play first person instead of pussying out immediately and joining 3rd person? If enough of you actually played the way you profess to love then all hardcore servers would be full.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

reminds me of the atheists on reddit.

This is the 'word' version of that little spark noise you hear in a film just before an explosion.

So now KOS is your problem? Holy shit. If there's one thing that's unfixable it's KOS.

lol, always been a problem, but no. just thought the picture had a better use... Dont wanna derail topic

Thing is..there is always going to be 3pp. Blame Rocket if anyone. It's his game ..anti game supposedly, and he stated 3pp is here to stay ages ago. So it isn't anti game hardcore at all,although it could be. It used to piss me off because i thought he didn't give a fuck who he catered to..but he obviously does and wants to retain an easy mode element.

The only thing that pisses me now is the fact that there seem to be so many that can passionately fight for 1pp and then it can be a struggle to actually find a full server as opposed to the 3pp masses. 

It's like the old vanilla v million barracks/vehicle servers. Vanilla struggled , mass barracks and vehicle servers went through the roof.  Most gamers will choose the easier options and that is just how it is so ..deal with it.jpg is where i am.

Yes i have a reg char who runs amok and doesn't give a fuck, on that server we all have the same advantage so i can't complain, makes it hard when i go back to 1pp as i get used to the super easy 3pp viewing mode, but fuck, it also makes it a lot more tense and makes me appreciate 1pp.

In the end it all doesn't matter shit, what needs to happen is the 1pp people need to get their shit together and populate their favourite servers, show in numbers that their is enough of us that it actually is a thing that matters, because since the mod 3pp players outnumber 1pp by fucktons plus more.

• Like 3

Dayz is a shooter game? Fooled me... In a 2d world both perspectives are necessary for full immersion... However this thread is a beaten horse enough said about it to last a life time...

• Like 1

Thing is..there is always going to be 3pp. Blame Rocket if anyone. It's his game ..anti game supposedly, and he stated 3pp is here to stay ages ago. So it isn't anti game hardcore at all,although it could be. It used to piss me off because i thought he didn't give a fuck who he catered to..but he obviously does and wants to retain an easy mode element.

The only thing that pisses me now is the fact that there seem to be so many that can passionately fight for 1pp and then it can be a struggle to actually find a full server as opposed to the 3pp masses. 

It's like the old vanilla v million barracks/vehicle servers. Vanilla struggled , mass barracks and vehicle servers went through the roof.  Most gamers will choose the easier options and that is just how it is so ..deal with it.jpg is where i am.

Yes i have a reg char who runs amok and doesn't give a fuck, on that server we all have the same advantage so i can't complain, makes it hard when i go back to 1pp as i get used to the super easy 3pp viewing mode, but fuck, it also makes it a lot more tense and makes me appreciate 1pp.

In the end it all doesn't matter shit, what needs to happen is the 1pp people need to get their shit together and populate their favourite servers, show in numbers that their is enough of us that it actually is a thing that matters, because since the mod 3pp players outnumber 1pp by fucktons plus more.

This is my problem, 1p servers being so underpopulated most of the time, while you can always find a bunch of 3p servers that are populated.

This is my problem, 1p servers being so underpopulated most of the time, while you can always find a bunch of 3p servers that are populated.

btw, nothing against 1pp server, played them lots and lots at first, got killed less by 'peekers'. so hope they do keep going. but I like the 3pp for stories. and also, let me turn off breathing sound on 1pp server, when i run in Real life, I don't hear that, my brain mutes it out!

Edited by Sooden

They are also the same crowd that thinks Epoch is the most amazing thing and that DayZ will turn into Epoch upon release.  Just relax, not everyone is testing the game.  A lot of people just bought it early because it was cheap and are waiting for the full release.

• Like 2

Only use 3PP to see my character while traveling, Just makes it a little less boring. I always switch to first person in any dangerous areas, Or in combat.

• Like 1

btw, nothing against 1pp server, played them lots and lots at first, got killed less by 'peekers'. so hope they do keep going. but I like the 3pp for stories. and also, let me turn off breathing sound on 1pp server, when i run in Real life, I don't hear that, my brain mutes it out!

Lol yeah, try the chick char in 1pp..sounds like she is having multiples all day long.

• Like 2

Yes yes I know you all love console games!! so you you love wtfpwzring people you can see from behind your wall... 

But shouldnt there' be more than 7 of us who aren't panzies on the game at a time?  Of the 3 servers i find that have 3pp off in the title, only one actually does.  Also suddenly... about 5-6 servers that usta have it off are gone...

Just dont get it...

I wish i had the time to find the threads where we warned all you first person only babies that "hardcore" servers would die slowly before ever even making it to full release. Same thing happened in the mod, "hardcore" is bad because the first person view is god awful, as is the 3rd person view but at least that doesnt give me motion sickness. 

If you can't play the game because the vast majority like using 3rd person and you don't, you don't have to play the game either.