Sign in to follow this  
lolwat

Mouse Control - What's wrong?

I don't know what causes this, but the mouse control is just terrible in this game. İt is really hard to simply aim at a target when compared to other regular fps games. I don't know if this is because of acceleration, deceleration or just high sensitivity. But something is really, really fucked up with the mouse control.

Edited by lolwat

It represents weapon dexterity; the bigger your gun, the more you'll have to compensate for it. Pistols suffer less from quick movements than rifles.

I feel that it's a good trade-off for the removal of the negative mouse acceleration.

• Like 4

I agree with grimey, Its a good mechanic, i had some guy charge at me with a pickaxe from behind when i had an AK out and it was actually pretty tricky to spin round and blast him due to the 'rifle lag (?)'. Which is as it should be.

You're right though, the sensitivity is too damn high. You can turn it down in your config.

The min. in-game is 0.2, i'm on 0.1 with 400 DPI and it's still pretty high for me...

You're right though, the sensitivity is too damn high. You can turn it down in your config.

The min. in-game is 0.2, i'm on 0.1 with 400 DPI and it's still pretty high for me...

Im gonna give this a try, I'm at a stage where I'm never happy with my mouse sensitivity and it always seems to high. Overall though I love the changes they made to mouse controls and the weapon dexterity.

I agree with grimey, Its a good mechanic, i had some guy charge at me with a pickaxe from behind when i had an AK out and it was actually pretty tricky to spin round and blast him due to the 'rifle lag (?)'. Which is as it should be.

What, why? It's not tricky to turn around IRL with an assault rifle.

What, why? It's not tricky to turn around IRL with an assault rifle.

Easy != Accurate

I have to have my sensitivity on the absolute minimum to even imagine playing

i have sensetivity super high i just want to play with no mouse acceleration

I use 0.1175 sens and 500 DPI. Mucking around the settings sometimes resets it to default.

Im gonna give this a try, I'm at a stage where I'm never happy with my mouse sensitivity and it always seems to high. Overall though I love the changes they made to mouse controls and the weapon dexterity.

yeah, I had to lower it in the config file to 0.1 as well. big difference.

obviously if you still find it too responsive you can go to 0.075 etc but i found  0.1 is sufficient for me.

I also used this for dayz and serveral other games. (removes pointer acceleration)

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop