Sign in to follow this  
Shrub Rocketeer ™

i like the bandits

we was running from the farm in the field after we found some spaggeti in the long white barn and I made some rags out of a dirty tshirt so when the bullets were hitting the floor next to my feet I shouted to machete master 'QUICK HIDE IN THE TREES!!!'  but was too late for machete master because after I shouted he said in teamspeak 'I am dead' in a sad voice like the same whan he died after I was given a timer but I didn't server hop the server was restart.

machete master did a rage quit because he say he always die first I tried to calm him down and said was bad luck but I was also focus on my character survive and was zig zag to the trees and the bandits were still shooting me so I really didn't make machete master feel better and he logged out. but I was alive and call me bad person or whatever bro cos I was selfish and now I feel guilty but is too late to make things differently anyway.

one bandit guy had auto weapon and one was using a single shot gun maybe a sks  I don't know but my point is THEY WERE RIGHT TO SHOOT US!!! this is apocalypse LIFE AND DEATH TIMES and is survibal of the fittest who make it. I was shouting in direct 'ok guys you did what you did I don't care please stop and let me survive because I have everything fopr making a fire work' and I don't know if they heard me or what but the shooting stopped at the exact same time I stopped shouting.

I was laying in the berry bush but I couldn't see anything and I couldn't move because I was sure they were waiting for me to finish me off. I tried to listen and I waited about 25 minutes and just was hoping they are gone. then I ran to the farm.

I tried to make a fire in the shed but I couldn't but at least I tried and then I saw a man coming in the door with a mosin, he said put hands up and put the shovel down so I did that then he shot me and I died, he was right to shoot me when you think about it because how many time did he let someone live and after they shot him or another innocent??? sometimes to make your chances higher you need to do bad things so I forgive all the bandits and also if they didn't kill everyone there would be no fun in dayz and I have never killed a player because I have never had a gun and ammo at the same time, that is my problem not the bandits so remember next time you die, you should of run to the trees.

Well, bandits are a part of this game, but god damn do I hate being killed on sight for no good reason. And no, survival isn't one. You don't need other peoples things to survive in this - not yet, anyways =)

Oh, and let me help you out a bit. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWZX as well as ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and lastly ...............................

Insert at will!

Edited by gqren

Again, this crooked vision of survival. Quite sick of it, really. 

There is the odd situation where it can be justified, but 90% of the time it actually can't be and is classified as unreasonable killing. You think all of Chernarus is a king of the hill game, with the last one being the "survivor"? 

Justifiable: you see a fresh-ish spawn in elektro, you KNOW he'll follow the Elektro-Cherno-Balota routine, as will you. Thus, you are actively competing for loot AND dangerously close at all times. The logical thing to do is kill him (or attempt to befriend). 

You: you see another player in your vicinity. Kill him to survive. 

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about machete master. Hope he calms down eventually.

Well, bandits are a part of this game, but god damn do I hate being killed on sight for no good reason. And no, survival isn't one. You don't need other peoples things to survive in this - not yet, anyways =)

Oh, and let me help you out a bit. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWZX as well as ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and lastly ...............................

Insert at will!

Am I missing some witty inside joke or did you just fuck up the alphabet while scolding someone else on their grammar and sentence structure?

• Like 7

Am I missing some witty inside joke or did you just fuck up the alphabet while scolding someone else on their grammar and sentence structure?

Haha! Come on, man, give me a break. I've only learned the Danish version of the song (Yes, I'm SO badass I always recite the song in my head when thinking about the alphabet. Come at me!)

It was just painstakingly hard to read, so I thought I'd offer my assistance. Kinda crashed and burned on that one, though...

Edited by gqren
  • Like 1

Sounds like a normal day in DayZ SA to me!

Although, I really hope KOS starts cooling down soon, I'm sick of dieing everytime I meet another player just because I'm too nice and don't shoot first. What if I was part of the military looking for survivors to ship out to a safe zone? You wouldn't just kill on sight then.

I've come to the conclusion that KOS'ers just want my body...

Bandits keep the game interesting. I can't imagine the game without them.

The balance is way out of whack though. IMO things would be much more interesting if it was closer to a 50/50 split friendlies/bandits, rather than 90/10.

gqren wrote, "Well, bandits are a part of this game, but god damn do I hate being killed on sight for no good reason. And no, survival isn't one. You don't need other peoples things to survive in this - not yet, anyways"

I agree its too easy to get equipped to bother with stealing from others ....it takes me about two hours of playing time to gear up well  enough to get moving and party down against (player) shyte bags when I have too.

IMHO shoot on sight jerks degrade the game. They have certainly degraded the game for me. Initially I attempted to  render greetings and assist others but after losing five or six poorly or completely unequipped characters and three very well equipped characters to snakes I changed my MO.  Now, if a player has a ranged weapon slung or in hand, could possibly see me or is moving in my general direction bullets are on the way to his/her skull instantly. Yes I now shoot nearly all the ranged weapon armed folks on sight unless they are moving away from me. So thanks to the Jerks, I have become part of the problem I guess.

However any dork that is sporting a clown mask gets killed on sight and riddled after he/she is down so that all their gear is ruined so that they will return to nothing. (I never loot the corpses of those I have eliminated, its too dangerous in the open and usually I am packed with plenty of my own ammo, chow, gear and loot.  

And all I wanted to do in the beginning is scavenge a bit to survive, explore, interface with other survivors, share a little excess gear with new spawns and hunt Zombies for sport. (too bad Zombie ears aren't a universal form of currency). I want a Zombie ear necklace!! 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

There is the odd situation where it can be justified, but 90% of the time it actually can't be and is classified as unreasonable killing

I double checked the rules for the game, and I didn't come across the term 'unreasonable killing'. Did this term come from another PVP game you have played?

• Like 1

yetsreday last night I found a shotgun and ammo for the first time I have a gun and ammo together I was very happy about it, I sent a pm to machete master and say come on please don't be sad I have a gun I can meet you by the coast and protect you and maybe you find a gun as well then we can be more dangerous for bandits and WE HAVE A CHANCE WITH TH SHOTGUN.

machete master was going to bed because it was very late but then he said ok I will try and I told him a good server with a lot of players and I went to the beach, well he said he was near berezino but if I am honest I still don't know all the towns so I was going the wrong way and it was more than 1 hour and 20 minutes before we fin eachother by the multistory car park and now I know where is berezino. (thanks to peewee hermit who I tried to shoot with the shotgun but I missed and then we talked and he told me the direction for berezino, I am sorry for shooting at you but it was the first time I ever havd a gun and ammo and saw a player who didn't see me first LOL) I am glad I missed him because I think I would never find machete master if I did kill peewee hermit.

we were proned on the roof of the carpark and we saw 3 players running down the hill, machete master said we should try to find the airport and get a gun for him, I agreed it was a great plan so I said you go and I follow you mate, he ran with his fists up and I did the same.

we  never found the airport because after 20 minutes I heard shooting close and machete master disconnected from teamspeak without saying anything not even good night so I wqs sure he got killed, I ran very fast into the trees and found a big rock where I stayed for about 30 minutes and I listened, but the shooting stops.

my point is it is hard to be bandit hunters when you have only one gun with 2 people and if the bandits see you first you better move fast and don't try to reason with them, run to the trees and find a rock or bush and STAY STILL AND LISTEN. it will save your life I am sure.

we was running from the farm in the field after we found some spaggeti in the long white barn. I made some rags out of a dirty tshirt, so when the bullets were hitting the floor next to my feet I shouted to machete master, 'QUICK HIDE IN THE TREES!!!'  but was too late for machete master because after I shouted, he said in teamspeak, 'I am dead' in a sad voice. like the same whan he died after I was given a timer, but I didn't server hop the server was restart.

machete master did a rage quit because he say he always die first. I tried to calm him down and said was bad luck, but I was also focus on my character survive and was zig zag to the trees. the bandits were still shooting me so I really didn't make machete master feel better and he logged out. but I was alive and call me bad person or whatever bro cos I was selfish and now I feel guilty, but is too late to make things differently anyway.

one bandit guy had auto weapon and one was using a single shot gun, maybe a sks.  I don't know but my point is, THEY WERE RIGHT TO SHOOT US!!! this is apocalypse LIFE AND DEATH TIMES and is survibal of the fittest who make it. I was shouting in direct, 'ok guys, you did what you did, I don't care, please stop and let me survive because I have everything fopr making a fire work'. I don't know if they heard me or what but the shooting stopped at the exact same time I stopped shouting.

I was laying in the berry bush, I couldn't see anything and I couldn't move because I was sure they were waiting for me to finish me off. I tried to listen and I waited about 25 minutes and just was hoping they are gone, then I ran to the farm.

I tried to make a fire in the shed, I couldn't but at least I tried. then I saw a man coming in the door with a mosin, he said, 'put hands up and put the shovel down' so I did that, then he shot me and I died. he was right to shoot me when you think about it, because how many time did he let someone live and after they shot him or another innocent??? sometimes to make your chances higher you need to do bad things, so I forgive all the bandits. also if they didn't kill everyone there would be no fun in dayz. I have never killed a player because I have never had a gun and ammo at the same time, that is my problem not the bandits. so remember next time you die, you should of run to the trees.

I don't mean to offend, but I couldn't resist. Not perfect, but at least it didn't hurt my eyes to read it.

Wait, was that offensive?

• Like 1

I am sorry for shooting at you but it was the first time I ever havd a gun and ammo and saw a player who didn't see me first LOL

Being in possession of a loaded gun doesn't justify KoS. Just putting that out there.

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to KOS. I don't necessarily mind being killed by other players. It can be a bit annoying being shot at spawn or when I'm clearly unarmed, but to me this is a PVP game, and that's what happens. Even if you are not, I am definitely trying to kill you from the second I log in. Otherwise what can you do in the game? Run around get loot and avoid (or fight) the horribly broken zombie ai? You can seriously replace zombies with swarms of bees, angry postman, or rabid dogs and it wouldn't change the game in anyway...Well a swarm of bees might actually set me back in my seat.

What's really annoying is what the OP says in the last paragraph ("I saw a man coming in the door with a mosin, he said put hands up and put the shovel down so I did that then he shot me and I died") You know what? Don't talk to me. I'm not going to be held up by you so you can act out some creepy BTK fantasy. Go outside and make friend, bro.

• Like 1

I hate being killed on sight, I was shot yesterday when I had nothing but a can of beans. 

The issue is putting 40 people in a server with plenty of ways to kill each other and nothing else to do. 

Until we actually have to survive and not just eat until stuffed etc etc, people will just treat the game like a death match.

I double checked the rules for the game, and I didn't come across the term 'unreasonable killing'. Did this term come from another PVP game you have played?

No, it's just my english at its worst. It's not my native language, you know. I meant killing for no valid reason whatsoever.

There is the odd situation where it can be justified, but 90% of the time it actually can't be and is classified as unreasonable killing. You think all of Chernarus is a king of the hill game, with the last one being the "survivor"? 

Justifiable: you see a fresh-ish spawn in elektro, you KNOW he'll follow the Elektro-Cherno-Balota routine, as will you. Thus, you are actively competing for loot AND dangerously close at all times. The logical thing to do is kill him (or attempt to befriend). 

You: you see another player in your vicinity. Kill him to survive. 

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

As if there a such thing as an action being justified or not in this game.....

I think its you who have the crooked vision

As if there a such thing as an action being justified or not in this game.....

I think its you who have the crooked vision

Context. You're just taking one word out of my entire post. You didn't even bother to paraphrase me to twist my words, you just took one word. Wow.

When did I ever say that this was about moral justification (which I'm assuming you're talking about)? No, there is no place for morals in this game, I agree. I was talking about logical justification.

In DayZ, players should interact, not just kill. It's what makes DayZ what it is. Without it, DayZ would be a mere deathmatch. Playing DayZ by killing everything with a pulse for no reason is not playing DayZ. It's like playing chess with only the pawns, it just becomes a game of checkers (though slightly different, but you get the point), doesn't it? There's much more to chess than the pawns. In fact, the other pieces are what makes the game so much more layered and intellectual.

Therefore, I implore you to justify your killings. First ask yourself, why would I risk being injured or even dying? If you don't want his gear, for example, why engage? Is he really a long term threat to me (if I just avoid him, will I never see him again)? If not, talk to him or avoid him. Things like that would greatly improve the game and use it to its full potential. It'd make the game as intellectual as it once was. More interaction, less murdering.

btw, are you implying that killing every human being you meet to "survive" (regardless of his gear, or even his intent. Even going out to search for people to kill) isn't a crooked vision of survival?

Edited by The End.
  • Like 1

I hate being killed on sight, I was shot yesterday when I had nothing but a can of beans. 

The issue is putting 40 people in a server with plenty of ways to kill each other and nothing else to do. 

Until we actually have to survive and not just eat until stuffed etc etc, people will just treat the game like a death match.

Imagine adding lots of fire/camp/survival elements to the game. Why do you think I won't shoot you anyway?

Context. You're just taking one word out of my entire post. You didn't even bother to paraphrase me to twist my words, you just took one word. Wow.

Becuase that one word has no place in this game. There is no such thing as a "justification" for doing anything in this game be it moral or logical in nature. The sooner you realize this the better.

When did I ever say that this was about moral justification

When did i?

In DayZ, players should interact, not just kill. It's what makes DayZ what it is. Without it, DayZ would be a mere deathmatch. Playing DayZ by killing everything with a pulse for no reason is not playing DayZ. It's like playing chess with only the pawns, it just becomes a game of checkers (though slightly different, but you get the point), doesn't it? There's much more to chess than the pawns. In fact, the other pieces are what makes the game so much more layered and intellectual.

Oh I didnt realize you became the grandmaster of what players should do in Dayz... That is your version of what players should do, not everyone elses.

And BTW I am interacting. Every bullet I put through your thick skull interacts with your character. That is how I choose to interact. i dont begrudge you your definition of "interaction" so dont begrudge me of mine.....

Therefore, I implore you to justify your killings. First ask yourself, why would I risk being injured or even dying? If you don't want his gear, for example, why engage? Is he really a long term threat to me (if I just avoid him, will I never see him again)? If not, talk to him or avoid him. Things like that would greatly improve the game and use it to its full potential. It'd make the game as intellectual as it once was. More interaction, less murdering

I love the implications you make with such a ignorant statement.

First Why do I have to Justify my playstyle at all? Who exactly am I justifying it to? You?

Second thanks for calling my playstyle stupid. I really fail to see how my playstyle is dumbing down the game. Try to wrap your head around this.....It takes alot of critical thinking to stalk a player to make sure hes alone and get the drop on him without him seeing you. Let alone if I go agianst a whole squad of players where I have to think out my attack plan before engaging anyone.....

Third, when exactly was the game "more intellectual" then now?

btw, are you implying that killing every human being you meet to "survive" (regardless of his gear, or even his intent. Even going out to search for people to kill) isn't a crooked vision of survival?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becuase that one word has no place in this game. There is no such thing as a "justification" for doing anything in this game be it moral or logical in nature. The sooner you realize this the better.

When did i?

Oh I didnt realize you became the grandmaster of what players should do in Dayz... That is your version of what players should do, not everyone elses.

And BTW I am interacting. Every bullet I put through your thick skull interacts with your character. That is how I choose to interact. i dont begrudge you your definition of "interaction" so dont begrudge me of mine.....

I love the implications you make with such a ignorant statement.

First Why do I have to Justify my playstyle at all? Who exactly am I justifying it to? You?

Second thanks for calling my playstyle stupid. I really fail to see how my playstyle is dumbing down the game. Try to wrap your head around this.....It takes alot of critical thinking to stalk a player to make sure hes alone and get the drop on him without him seeing you. Let alone if I go agianst a whole squad of players where I have to think out my attack plan before engaging anyone.....

Third, when exactly was the game "more intellectual" then now?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the lame numbering method, but as I'm not on PC right now, it's difficult to separate the quote.

1. you still seem to solely focus on the word, rather than my point

2. love it how you ignore the second part of the sentence, where I say I'm assuming it for now, until you prove otherwise. You could've just said tthat you meant otherwise. 

3. Not sure why you have to point out to everyone that it's my opinion, as it seems to be pretty clear that it is. And I'm pretty sure you know what I mean by interaction.

4. I see you've now moved on to quoting two words out of an entire post. You'll get there someday, properly paraphrasing. 

You also still don't seem to get my point. It's a call to all, to not kill everyone and thusly get the human interaction back. To think before you kill, so we get more sane players, rather than psychopaths who dastardly kill every living thing on earth. It's not something I'm enforcing on every player, just something I think more players should be like. You don't have to justify your actions to anyone but yourself. It's just that players in the mod would justify it from within the game, while SA players seem to do so from outside of the game. SA players in general: it's just a game, kill 'em all. Mod players in general: is he a real danger? Do I need his gear? Is he a hero/bandit (what's his intent)? etc., until the conclusion of killing, avoiding or talking to him. A lot of mod players would even apply their own morals to the game. All of that made the game a whole lot more versatile than most other games, if not all. There was a lot more depth to the mod because of the uniqueness of players' behaviour. 

Your playstyle definitely isn't dumbing down the game. It's what I love about DayZ: you do anything you want. Versatility in players makes or breaks the game. The problem is that there's too many of your kind as of right now. We need more friendlies to even it out. Furthermore, I agree that every playstyle requires a degree of intelligence to master, but I sense that you once more missed my point. I was saying that the game was more intellectual, not a certain playstyle. If you have a game with friendlies, bandits and KoS instead of the KoS-only crowd, wouldn't you agree that the game as a whole will be more intellectual? 

5. So in the event of a zombie apocalypse, you think it's logical to kill every other human being on the grounds of them being capable of ending your life? 

You really miss the point if you quote a few words and ignore the rest

Edited by The End.