redsaw66

Mosin or M4?

I am currently carrying two guns, a mosin and an M4, both decked out the best they can be, the mosin is camouflaged and has a pristine bipod, pristine compensator and a pristine longrange scope, the M4 however has a pristine magpull handguard, pristine magpull buttstock, pristine silencer, pristine ACOG and a pristine Bipod, it also has 6 60 round mags

WHAT DO?

Tͥͯ̌͑͌ͤ̆̓͗͌̚҉͏̹̮̩̟̬͉̻̰̦̼̭̤͕̘̳̫͇̹Ȅ̴͑̋ͮͧ̊ͫ̀ͫͯͧ͌͗̑̍͏͔̠̝͉̯͙͖̮̩̹̝͍͇͕̥̤͖̥S̵̤̫̤̳̪̥̦̥͌̉̐̋̽͆͂̚̕T̸̷̗͉͍̥̖̼̰̦ͦ͑̎͒̾̅̆͆̑̏͐̏́͡

Edited by Redsaw66

the mosin [...] has a pristine bipod

Mosin because it's now a collectable.

• Like 3

What's your playstyle? Do you like long waits in a bush or do you like blood pumping, in your face, name taking, ass kicking?

You need to have the right tool for the job. I find it extremely funny watching 2 guys clear an airfield, one with a mosin/LRS and one with a m4. It's like why aren't you sitting on a hill giving your team mate "eyes on" and increasing your survivability 10 fold mr mosin? You come across some guys with m4's and you are going to be seriously disadvantaged.

Neither, this:

SKS.jpg

Ah, I see. I prefer using tree stumps, too. You could've gone with a better picture though, that half-naked lady with the SKS is getting in the way of the real merchandise. All I can say is; "Dat log"

• Like 2

Mosin or M4?

SKS,

M4 is pissweak over 100m and Mosin is pissslow under 500m. In my own experience, most encounters are inbetween these distances and SKS is the perfect tool for the job.

(That said, I hand carry an M4 with me too for clearing undead cities, zombies don't shoot back so a less ideal gun with more ammo isn't mucho problemo  ;))

Edited by zeeabo

SKS,

M4 is pissweak over 100m and Mosin is pissslow under 500m. In my own experience, most encounters are inbetween these distances and SKS is the perfect tool for the job.

LOL! Ok  :thumbsup:

I prefer M4 because it can be used for semi-long range as well as CQB/room clearing, which means you have no need for a pistol, ultimately freeing up space in your inventory.  With a Mosin you can go long range but once you start going into buildings you need to save valuable space in your bag for a pistol, pistol magazines, pistol ammo...

wanna kill a guy --> 400 m   M4  

wanna kill a guy --> 900 m   Mosin

make ur choice

Where the hell did you find a pristine compensator? Thats the only part I could never find above worn. Other than that, class before mass.

SKS,

(That said, I hand carry an M4 with me too for clearing undead cities, zombies don't shoot back so a less ideal gun with more ammo isn't mucho problemo  ;))

Pretty much this

SKS is a cross between M4 and Mosin. It works on short to medium distances (long can be done but requires some skill). Has more stopping power than M4 while firing much faster than Mosin. 

Currently it's the most all around gun in game. It's common outside military bases so it's easier to get and can only be found pristine, while M4 has multiple parts which can be damaged. 

SKS + side arm + axe will get you through just about anything this game can throw at you. 

• Like 1

I hate the SKS. I just dont have luck with it.

Mosin, if i cant find a blaze or whatever i get first.

M4´s i rarly have since i dont have the Patience to do supply runs in the West.

But IF i have the m4 i make sure i have the backup sight, the reddot and idealy the acoc , so i can Switch them around if the Need arises.

Because the LRS is so useful at scoping places out i prefer the Mosin.

how about binoculars ???

i use those for scouting . works like a charm

What do you mean luck ?

I just "feel" like i Need too many shots with that damm Thing. Ist totaly subjective of course. My mates LOVE the sks.

I like the mosin too, since it was the only rifle i played with in Red orchestra.

What do you mean luck ?

SKS is rng gun in the current builds.  Dispersion is very significant beyond 150m.  Compared to a tricked out mosin/m4 it stands no chance...  Both the mosin and m4 can hit point targets well beyond 400m.  The sks is just pure dice rolling at those ranges, even if perfectly zeroed.

I had no problem whatsoever with hitting distant targets with SKS. My character managed to stay alive for over two months now getting a pretty god kill streak while at it. But remember kids it's not the gear that makes you dangerous it's skills. 

Daft question, but how are you running two weapons?

I've tried since the "sit down when logging out" patch and when I get back in, the weapon in my hand is normally gone...

I've tried since the "sit down when logging out" patch and when I get back in, the weapon in my hand is normally gone...

It should be at the bottom of your inventory. Altho, i found running with 2 main weapons to be a chore.

But remember kids it's not the gear that makes you dangerous it's skills. 

Welp, indeed. maybe i just dont like it enough. Tho if i dont find anything else i use the SKS and sure can kill with it. But i swap it with whatever i can find later on.

It is at the bottom of your inventory box. When you log in you should then place it in your hands immediately, because while it does in the inventory for some time, as soon as you do an action with another item the gun drops to the floor.

Currently carrying both, but I'd chose m4 with ACOG. Mosin requires secondary weapon too for close combat. M4 only requires close combat scope, like m68 (which is better than RDS because doesn't block as much view).

So if you like camping, take mosin or use both. But if you are pro-active, never carry two weapons. It will only make you slower and die faster.