JT111

Please can you see your way to eliminating the wall "glitch"

Title says it all...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE FRIGGIN WALL HACKS ALREADY...it cannot be that hard.

for the jail just fill in the textures and turn the empty wall areas into rooms. or add invisible jail bars to the areas where clipping is a problem.

• Like 5

First of all, textures won't fix SHIT. They have to fix the mesh, which could cause even MORE problems with zombie pathing, until they fix the AI and collision detection.

This is alpha, dudebro. The coding team has more important bugs to work on.

EDIT: Btw, textures are just pictures stretched over a mesh to give it color/detail.

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic
  • Like 1

^^ I agree its alpha i figure that when you start the game and read whats in the game and click that little i understand button that its not a finished game and the fact that the devs released it so that Dayz community can experience what SA will be like before the game is finished is great. So before you start bashing on what they are doing remember that the mod is still out there on arma 2 and tons of people still play it you can as well so swallow that rage and disappointment and give them a bit of a break. I have dabbled in a bit of coding and im beginning with python and for me to make anything other then basic scripts it takes time. You should check it out it will give you a new respect for what the devs have to go through. :-) So cheer up it will be a rough road but Dayz SA will be boss apple sauce once its done.

The areas of the game that are mostly being exploited are the jail and ATC at airfields...they have "rooms" with no doors and non cheating people cannot enter them, thus making them an easy place for the cheaters to lye in wait of their next victim....the easy solution is to add a door and make those rooms enterable by everyone thus eliminating an advantage the cheater may have.

Im pretty sure thay said not long ago they had discovered something that was gonna fix this....if anyone remembers the post link away.

<snipped> glitch "how to"

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

But then they'll cheat in a different way.

There's no stopping hackers, they will hack and get banned by a BattlEye wave. Just wait for those waves. :D

Im pretty sure thay said not long ago they had discovered something that was gonna fix this....if anyone remembers the post link away.

I was under the impression anyone could "jump" into these rooms by vaulting at the right bit of wall, hence why its so abused atm?

Ja, the problem they are having with fixing this, is that is also causes rubberband out of buildings. (if you sprint full steam ahead out of one like a fucking freight train, that is.)

• Like 1

From what I read they only fixed the part where you could see into another room by standing against a wall and being in 3rd person. I have not read anything about fixing the wall clipping issue. Real hacks are detectable because they change file data or stream data, like the speed hack but these wall hacks are harder to detect by the anti-cheat and the dev's need to fix them. they are not hacks per say, they are glitches. You cannot fix all the hacks but you can fix the glitches.

oh boy.. the problem this game has...

I can't believe why do we have such problems here whilst the game developers also created a neat game like arma 3... they can't fix this basic issue?

no more dayz for a whiiiile for me...

Edited by CaballEro

oh boy.. the problem this game has...

I can't believe why do we have such problems here whilst the game developers also created a neat game like arma 3... they can't fix this basic issue?

no more dayz for a whiiiile for me...

bye ! 

btw   dont go into jails ! problem solved .

everything u need u will find in the "tent city wallmart" anyway so why bother with them stupid jails ? 

hello there

Im going to edit your title. No Caps/rants, please.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

simple fix put blocks inside buildings where walls can be glitched oh look its fixed :lol:

this is what people did in the dayz mod to stop people glitching in hostpital roofs and so on.

its a arma 3 problem not dayz. BI arent exactly quick to fix anything and its been like it with arma 2 buildings so should be fixed by 2020.

There are 2 simple fixes to this and yes it is 'simple'...

1 - Remove the buildings from the map until they are fixed... so what if there is something missing on the airfields, thats just tough, the rooms can ruin someones game.

2 - Rather than make nice new buildings, focus on fixing this one/two ie ATC and Jail Double.

I know its Alpha and I play it as it is, but if you are going to build fancy new buildings that no one can go in ie in the new city that massive thing, why not actually spend time on fixing something that is in the game and causes alot of problems. Just rebuild it from scratch, or even put another building in its place that has not got the issue.

I will await the abuse for daring to say anything 'potentially' negative... but with over 600 hours racked up on stable and loads more on experimental, I can say im a fan, I just want something annoying to be prioritised in this instance, when it is realistic.

simple fix put blocks inside buildings where walls can be glitched oh look its fixed :lol:

this is what people did in the dayz mod to stop people glitching in hostpital roofs and so on.

its a arma 3 problem not dayz. BI arent exactly quick to fix anything and its been like it with arma 2 buildings so should be fixed by 2020.

This is what my whole argument was about in another thread,and players and BE-Sable thought i was bashing battleeye..

But if it a known issue from ages ago then why hasnt anybody lifted there game to get rid of the glitch is beyond me..

We dont need new guns we need fixes to the simple things...

An d why should anybody be afraid to say anything negative about the game is beyond me..

Let the fanbois cry now..

This is what my whole argument was about in another thread,and players and BE-Sable thought i was bashing battleeye..

But if it a known issue from ages ago then why hasnt anybody lifted there game to get rid of the glitch is beyond me..

We dont need new guns we need fixes to the simple things...

An d why should anybody be afraid to say anything negative about the game is beyond me..

Let the fanbois cry now..

This has absolutely nothing to do with BE and well you know it.

It is being worked on, lets hope it will soon be fixed.