FrostDMG

Make mics a requirement.

In order to launch DayZ you should have to have a working mic plugged in.

Easy to implement too. Make the game check whether thr device is plugged in, then you should have to say something like "DayZ" into the mic, voila. Working mic confirmed. You're good to go.

This would be pretty hard to circumvent and people MIGHT just start talking to eacher.

Literally no downsides.

Get at me.

And what about for players that either don't own a mic, or simply don't choose to use one, so that it doesn't compromise a part of their identity? (i.e, girl gamer who was previously harassed)

Also, people's who's economic situation doesn't allow for them to purchase mics, and DayZ in of itself is a blessing?

People like me, who generally support human privacy rights, and will stop playing DayZ all together if this is a requirement?

Sounds like you are pissed about something that you recently rage quit over.

What's the reasoning behind this suggestion?

• Like 16

In order to launch DayZ you should have to have a working mic plugged in.

Easy to implement too. Make the game check whether thr device is plugged in, then you should have to say something like "DayZ" into the mic, voila. Working mic confirmed. You're good to go.

This would be pretty hard to circumvent and people MIGHT just start talking to eacher.

Literally no downsides.

Get at me.

Literally no downsides? What about shitty mics? Half of the players I've seen has so bad mics all I hear is "bandage bandit gun bean hurrr", and some Russian speaking English is nearly the same as him speaking Russian. Also, as much as I enjoy Scottish and Irish accents, as a foreigner, it's sometimes  very hard to understand what they are saying. Sounds nearly like French... I have a mic, but I don't use it. Why? Because at least for me, even the worst English is understandable as text, unlike as spoken. Chat also has a lot longer range than mic. 

• Like 6

What about for mute players?

Good point. Tbh don't know how many mute DayZ players there are... So I'm not saying we should screw them over, but at the same time I'm not saying we shouldn't...

Maybe make it a requirement for HC servers only? Or certain servers? I duno, I'd like it to see for the whole game but at the same time I don't want to omit mute players. FUCK.

And what about for players that either don't own a mic, or simply don't choose to use one, so that it doesn't compromise a part of their identity? (i.e, girl gamer who was previously harassed)

Also, people's who's economic situation doesn't allow for them to purchase mics, and DayZ in of itself is a blessing?

People like me, who generally support human privacy rights, and will stop playing DayZ all together if this is a requirement?

I doubt anyone who has money for a PC that can run DayZ has problems buying a mic. Otherwise I'll agree with you, though saying it's against "human privacy rights" is a bit too extreme I think.

• Like 2

Nah. Not even mad. Haven't played DayZ since last year. 

Umm, sorry buddy but if  you can't afford a mic - and I'm 100% serious when I say this - you have bigger problems to worry about than DayZ, or gaming for that matter. 

Compromising identity? Hardly. Everyone's anonymous on the internet (to an extent obviously). This has nothing to do with privacy. This has everything to do with social interactions between players which are hampered by the lack of players with microphones. 

TBH you're hardly going to be harassed when talking to someone in direct and if you're so insecure that you DON'T want to talk even over THE INTERNET for god's sake, then I am dissapoint. 

My reason is simple - get people to interact instead of KOSing. I GUARANTEE that this would reduce the KOS. Right now someone might be typing something but you don't know if he's typing or simply taking aim. This would solve this problem. 

ezgame ezlyfe.

• Like 2

I doubt anyone who has money for a PC that can run DayZ has problems buying a mic. Otherwise I'll agree with you, though saying it's against "human privacy rights" is a bit too extreme I think.

Forcing someone to buy and own any device that FORCES them to use their voice and can possibly RECORD their voice via YouTubers is a human privacy right, and a ploy for more money.

• Like 1

How is it against privacy? You can then choose to talk to players or not, but at least everyone knows that you CAN indeed reply so it's not a guessing game. It's not like your mic is on 24/7 and broadcasting everything that's happening in your room via global. 

Forcing someone to buy and own any device that FORCES them to use their voice and can possibly RECORD their voice via YouTubers is a human privacy right, and a ploy for more money.

The only thing you'd need to do is say DayZ. Literally 4 words. 

If someone records you and puts the video on the youtubes, imagine how many hundreds of thousands of people will immediately identify you by your clearly distinguishable voice! SHOCK HORROR!

Umm, sorry buddy but if  you can't afford a mic - and I'm 100% serious when I say this - you have bigger problems to worry about than DayZ, or gaming for that matter. 

Compromising identity? Hardly. Everyone's anonymous on the internet (to an extent obviously). This has nothing to do with privacy. This has everything to do with social interactions between players which are hampered by the lack of players with microphones. 

TBH you're hardly going to be harassed when talking to someone in direct and if you're so insecure that you DON'T want to talk even over THE INTERNET for god's sake, then I am dissapoint. 

My reason is simple - get people to interact instead of KOSing. I GUARANTEE that this would reduce the KOS. Right now someone might be typing something but you don't know if he's typing or simply taking aim. This would solve this problem. 

ezgame ezlyfe.

1.Not harassed

2.Own a microphone

3.Use it in DayZ

And using a microphone will in no way reduce KoS. What we need, and is being worked on, is more entertaining end-game options.

How many racial and sexist remarks are made on DayZ? People are fucking phscychopaths in this game, we shouldn't force people to have to interact with phsychopaths.

We shouldn't force people to do ANYTHING.

• Like 5

The only thing you'd need to do is say DayZ. Literally 4 words. 

If someone records you and puts the video on the youtubes, imagine how many hundreds of thousands of people will immediately identify you by your clearly distinguishable voice! SHOCK HORROR!

It isn't about being identified, but some people do NOT want to be recorded.

In fact, it's required by law to ask people if they are comfortable with being recorded, before airing it for monetary use.

It isn't about being identified, but some people do NOT want to be recorded.

In fact, it's required by law to ask people if they are comfortable with being recorded, before airing it for monetary use.

And as proven by YouTube, this is clearly enforced. 

1.Not harassed

2.Own a microphone

3.Use it in DayZ

And using a microphone will in no way reduce KoS. What we need, and is being worked on, is more entertaining end-game options.

How many racial and sexist remarks are made on DayZ? People are fucking phscychopaths in this game, we shouldn't force people to have to interact with phsychopaths.

We shouldn't force people to do ANYTHING.

"Psychopaths" lol... Ok. Sounds like you're just afraid of social interactions... "I can't reveal my REAL voice, I'll be immediately judged!" come the fuck on.

• Like 1

ezgame ezlyfe.

Not it won't reduce KoS. I always have a mic plugged in and you know what the only thing i use it for is telling the people in teamspeak where that guy i just seen went to so they can pop his ass. Infact if anything, All it would do is increase the number of kids who yell obscene things at you before shooting you in the nether region "for the lulz".

also as someone else has pointed out, not everyone wants to interact with random jerks and bratty kids, or be subject to thier harassments.

• Like 3

I never met someone who did not have a mic. Noneissue?

• Like 1

Not it won't reduce KoS. I always have a mic plugged in and you know what the only thing i use it for is telling the people in teamspeak where that guy i just seen went to so they can pop his ass. Infact if anything, All it would do is increase the number of kids who yell obscene things at you before shooting you in the nether region "for the lulz".

also as someone else has pointed out, not everyone wants to interact with random jerks and bratty kids, or be subject to thier harassments.

Nice, so generalizing the entire population because of a small minority? So that's why you don't speak, because you JUST MIGHT bump into a kiddo?

Whats the point of playing a multiplier game with this attitude guys? <- also @medic guy

I somehow don't see this suggestion being implemented.

I'd go for 1st person only requirement before this.

• Like 8

I reckon OP is the type a bloke what runs up to everyone sayin 'hey there I am friendly wanna team?' and then gets shot and thinks its because they don't have a mic when in reality its because he is a creepy fucker what needs putting down

• Like 9

I somehow don't see this suggestion being implemented.

I'd go for 1st person only requirement before this.

Double or nothing. Double being both, nothing being scrapping DayZ (lol).

I reckon OP is the type a bloke what runs up to everyone sayin 'hey there I am friendly wanna team?' and then gets shot and thinks its because they don't have a mic when in reality its because he is a creepy fucker what needs putting down

LOL. "Internet badass" over here. No I don't do that, I'm not retarded. But you're probably the sort of person who just KOS "just in-case!", "you never know!" sort of player. 

Just because you're autistic and too socially awkward to interact with people doesn't mean everyone else is.

Edited by kichilron
Do not use that word, please.

LOL. "Internet badass" over here. No I don't do that, I'm not retarded. But you're probably the sort of person who just KOS "just in-case!", "you never know!" sort of player. 

Just because you're autistic and too socially awkward to interact with people doesn't mean everyone else is.

nah mate

I make my decisions based on the situation and judge each interaction on its merits. I find guys what type tend to be alright, they are basically takin a chance by typing and losing control of the character and putting themselves at yer mercy.

100% of arseholes I met had mics, guys who kill without speaking are fine as far as I'm concerned, they play their way and don't feel the need to blurt out troll bullshit, they have my gratitude for that small kindness.

your post is entirely devoid of logic and reasoning and you are realising too late after everyone has noticed.

THINK!!!! before you post a dumb topic what makes no sense.

Edited by Macdeth
  • Like 2

Nice, so generalizing the entire population because of a small minority? So that's why you don't speak, because you JUST MIGHT bump into a kiddo?

Whats the point of playing a multiplier game with this attitude guys? <- also @medic guy

NO im saying that online game in general are quite full of abusive jerks and screaming kids. is that every dayZ player? no. but there's a fair few of them. i dont see any benefit from FORCING people to be subject to it.

The people who want to roleplay/be hero/friendly/ what ever already do- and those that don't i can assure you wouldnt suddenly play nicely when forced to mic-up. Again, I already play with a Mic and i only talk on TS3 with people i choose to associate. the random guy who just ran in on me is getting shot, and forcing me to have my coms on in game will only earn that guy a vulgar remark before his death. its not going to to have the result you seem to think that would justify it as a feature/requirement.

DayZ is NOT

-Farming simulator

-Friendly in cherno RPG

-How long can i hold 'W' down; 2014 edition.

The threat of random, unprovoked agression will always be a factor; and it SHOULD always be a factor. Im all for features that add depth and value to gameplay, and keeping your character alive longer. i am NOT in support of arbitrary requirements or restrictions.

• Like 3

NO im saying that online game in general are quite full of abusive jerks and screaming kids. is that every dayZ player? no. but there's a fair few of them. i dont see any benefit from FORCING people to be subject to it.

The people who want to roleplay/be hero/friendly/ what ever already do- and those that don't i can assure you wouldnt suddenly play nicely when forced to mic-up. Again, I already play with a Mic and i only talk on TS3 with people i choose to associate. the random guy who just ran in on me is getting shot, and forcing me to have my coms on in game will only earn that guy a vulgar remark before his death. its not going to to have the result you seem to think that would justify it as a feature/requirement.

DayZ is NOT

-Farming simulator

-Friendly in cherno RPG

-How long can i hold 'W' down; 2014 edition.

The threat of random, unprovoked agression will always be a factor; and it SHOULD always be a factor. Im all for features that add depth and value to gameplay, and keeping your character alive longer. i am NOT in support of arbitrary requirements or restrictions.

You're part of the problem then. People who just KOS and don't say anything. Why? You're literally the worst sort of player to play DayZ.

• Like 1