Khattr

dear bandits, could you explain me something ?

hello all,

i just wanna you to explain me something.

i ve been killed many times by bandits and lately with friends i ve seen bandit just killing and then disconnecting without even trying to get the loot from the corpse.. i don t understand that . what s the point in killing just for killing and don t even try to get the loot ?

• Like 3

maybe they arleady ahve all the loot they need and they are out to just kill others. does there have to be a point? theres no point to anything in this universe. it just is. they enjoy killing others, thats the best explanation you're gonna get.

I usually don't loot people because I don't really need anything from them. Also when killing in high traffic areas going to a corpse is too dangerous, even if it's for a few seconds.

I'll explain it in plain text to you, if i could simply understand what you were trying to say my friend.

And i kill anyone who ain't part of my team on sight..

Why?

Simple.. I enjoy makeing other people feel miserable.

Do i ever regret doing so?

No. I take pleasure in makeing people cry on the forum because they are getting killed in a Survival game, where it's ment to be all about survival..

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and be that zombie apocalupse or not.

Are you in my way, or cross my sight's, then i will do my best to take you down, one way or the other..

/stupid keyboardwarrior disabled

I kill for sport..

But i usually don't hunt down flashlight gangsters, as they pose no threat to me..

"but it's about surviving"

Mate, if this game was that simple, then id go into town ONCE, pick up all the water bottles i could find, fill them up, kill animals, and simply live in the forrest..

Getting on the leaderboard for staying alive the longest is a joke, in and arround itself..

It poses no challenge so why would anyone aim for it?

I say mix the pvp aspect and the survival aspect, and then you get a thrilling experience.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Zantiago
  • Like 5

Oh, don't misunderstood my point of view : Bandits are part of the game and as you said it make a lot for the thrilling experience.

I just don't get the point of killing then disconnecting ...

Last time we were going to the deer hunt which is north side of the Windy Mountain.

The guy was looting the farm 200 m north of that.

I stayed back to cover my friend , he go up to the hunt , was shot dead ... I saw the guy just hiding in one of the barn . then nothing.

I stayed there for covering my buddy corpse. He spawn in Komarovo, come sprinting and ... get his stuff back.

I would have understand if the guy, just kill him then go back other way ( in case the killed guy was not alone ) but just disconnecting like that is strange.

A bandit is a bandit, he kill on sight and make people cry in front of the screen , yeah ok no problem with that.

But disconnecting like that is, imho , just like dc'ing before getting killed.

I recently turned bandit myself, I used to be a lone-wolf scavenger type. I personally kill for gear or if I feel the person may be a threat. I never log out in combat or if I've just killed someone and I don't kill just to increase my murder count.

I think there's a thin line between playing the bandit role, as I and many others do, and not being immersed in the game at all and just killing for fun/ruining people's fun/etc.

@Ivanuvo

I disagree with that. Bandits can also kill because the guy may be a threat.

@Ivanuvo

I disagree with that. Bandits can also kill because the guy may be a threat.

What? Then DC? I guess guy was just distracted IRL and had to go. Or it might have been some server hopper that jumps here and there just to kill people.

I think people like Zantiago are pathetic, so even though I am a bandit I'm nothing like these pking scum bags. I will murder, maybe more than a survivor. I probably won't respond in chat because I don't trust anyone I don't have on teamspeak. But I always kill for good reason and never to make myself feel some pathetic sense of power IRL.

But some low self esteem having pussies (the type to become police for the wrong reason) will just get a kick out of making you miserable, it detracts from the weakness they've internalized through getting beaten up at school or being over privileged wafers incapable of empathy.

• Like 3

I probably won't respond in chat because I don't trust anyone I don't have on teamspeak. But I always kill for good reason and never to make myself feel some pathetic sense of power IRL.

Agree.

Guy is just a pussy, that`s why. Maybe he was afraid there were victims friends nearby.

Personally I kill only for gear, or ensuring my safe passage. Feel no need to raise my self esteem. :] Got a girlfriend for that.

I'll say it again. As long as there is a murder tracker, and as long as there is a leaderboard.. ppl will be interested... It's a dick measuring contest and the highest number wins.

Sometimes I shoot and don't loot. I don't do it for dick waving, I don't do it to ruin someone's day. I do it because hunting people is fun as hell. I work 7 days a week, I don't get a whole lot of time for fun in my life. But hunting people in DayZ, man, is really something else. It gives me a pure, visceral rush of adrenaline and excitement. I know there's someone real on the other end of that player model, and it's me against him in high-stakes gaming. What other game has such repercussions from dying? None that I play. Get killed in BF3? Big fucking deal, you're back in action 5 seconds later with all the same gear. Get killed in DayZ, though, that can be a few days or even weeks of work wiped out in a few exhilirating seconds.

To paraphrase an Internet legend, "my heart's beating, my hands are shaking! But I'm still shooting! And I'm still getting headshots!"

• Like 1

People really need to stop with all of this amateur psychology bullshit. I will most of the time kill anyone I see if it's not a friend of mine. Why? Because it's fun. Plain and simple.

I don't do it to deprive someone else of their fun, but if I have to do it to have fun myself, then so be it. That's a part of basically every shooter. I think that we can all agree that it's fun to kill and sucks to get killed. The main difference here between DayZ and other shooters is that DayZ has a slower pace to it.

But hunting people in DayZ' date=' man, is really something else. It gives me a pure, visceral rush of adrenaline and excitement. I know there's someone real on the other end of that player model, and it's me against him in high-stakes gaming. What other game has such repercussions from dying? None that I play. Get killed in BF3? Big fucking deal, you're back in action 5 seconds later with all the same gear. Get killed in DayZ, though, that can be a few days or even weeks of work wiped out in a few exhilirating seconds.

[/quote']

Yea I totally agree with you on this one, the moment when you pull the trigger and deal the final blow to your opponent, as you see his body fall to the ground and you know you are the king of the jungle.

I understand the idea of killing for resources, eliminate threats and I guess I kind of get the thrill aspect of it, but personally I still think it is a Cowards Sport. If you where really in it for the challenge and all that, you would be hunting bandits not survivors. To kill someone who wants nothing more than to escape for no other reason that the kill, IS a coward's compensation dick move. If a player has any sack about them they would hunt someone that would hunt them back.

• Like 1

Once you have all the best gear, vehicles and seen many choppers crashed, killing players is the end game thrill. Their gear will not help you, only get you killed when you go to loot it.

I understand the idea of killing for resources' date=' eliminate threats and I guess I kind of get the thrill aspect of it, but personally I still think it is a Cowards Sport. If you where really in it for the challenge and all that, you would be hunting bandits not survivors. To kill someone who wants nothing more than to escape for no other reason that the kill, IS a coward's compensation dick move. If a player has any sack about them they would hunt someone that would hunt them back.

[/quote']

that makes sense and i agree with it, but most of the time you dont have the opportunity to figure out whether they are a bandit or a non-murdering survivor.

i rarely kill other players!!!!!!! I'm not against it, they just always shoot me first, im too trusting and try too hard to get a companion, Slowly ive been deciding on hunting bandits, but it will just turn into kill every one because everyone thinks that your a bandit too

I understand the idea of killing for resources' date=' eliminate threats and I guess I kind of get the thrill aspect of it, but personally I still think it is a Cowards Sport. If you where really in it for the challenge and all that, you would be hunting bandits not survivors. To kill someone who wants nothing more than to escape for no other reason that the kill, IS a coward's compensation dick move. If a player has any sack about them they would hunt someone that would hunt them back.

[/quote']

Everyone should be under threat of being killed, being a bandit is not about killing other bandits. This is starting to remind me a lot of MMOs I've played. People come to a PVP server and then complain about getting killed when they didn't want to PVP. Get over it, or play something else.

[/quote']

So now that there is no practical way to differentiate between survivor and bandit, how do you suggest someone stick exclusively to hunting bandits?

@Mordino

":] Got a girlfriend for that."

XD

Mooseocalypse, Louis, Herr Robert... :

Again, this is NOT a anti-pvp thread ...

And, I'm not gonna comment the "omfg, too funny to kill people" thing ...

If you are playing, you're not killing people then just dc'ing for finding another target don't you ?

You killing the guy, then changing spot to find another victim / loot barn / do whatever you want / rape cow ...

That's a the way this should be ...

Not killing guy and dc'ing to avoid be spotted / shot ...

"So now that there is no practical way to differentiate between survivor and bandit, how do you suggest someone stick exclusively to hunting bandits? "

All bandits are survivors

Some survivors are bandits.

Survivors still are survivors when they kill in retaliation of shot.

Bandits are survivors that shoot on sight

Were you by chance the guy on the top of tower in nw airfield? =D