Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Heli crash

Hopefully the placeholder gets a lot more attention as we move forward..

wv7ew4.jpg

• Like 12

Still looks great! I ought to fire up DayZ again to find one!

Still looks great! I ought to fire up DayZ again to find one!

Don't go looking at night , that's a fireplace i dumped near it ;)

• Like 2

oOoh...

I havent played the latest exp patch. trying to hold off for a while(s) ^_^

we'll see how that goes O_o

• Like 1

I'm really curious what the new heli crashes would be like in the future.

Hopefully they'd include the option to scavenge components out of them for crafting potential.

• Like 2

Hopefully the placeholder gets a lot more attention as we move forward..

wv7ew4.jpg

This setup, along with some nice items on the ground, would probably be able to lure in some poor, unsuspecting looter... =)

• Like 1

This setup, along with some nice items on the ground, would probably be able to lure in some poor, unsuspecting looter... =)

Now who would go and do a bastard thing like that..

r70pao.jpg

• Like 5

At a recent LAN party where I tried to sell DayZ to my friends (we really don't need them.  They're quite wrapped up in Hearthstone), I let loose an audible gasp as I burst into a clearing and saw my first Heli Crash.  All the hype surrounding the Mod's use of Heli Crash Sites further enhanced my excitement.  As I slowly approached, I started to gather my curious friends around my monitor.  They wouldn't understand, but they could see how visibly awed I was, so they wanted to know. 

At about 20 yards away, I stop and center the helicopter's ruins in my screen, rotated my chair slowly towards my friends and said "Gentlemen, this little gem of a lootable object is going to change this game.  You want to know how?" 

Silence.  I knew they would be impressed   But then I heard a snicker.  One of my more clever friends said "Hey, those guys are in love with wrecked helicopters too."

Snapped my head back to see 2 guys, one with his middle finger pointed up in the sky, and the other with a noisy yet effective machine gun that was also new.

It's funny how less than a second of lag after being shot multiple times flashes you with a mere instant of hope.  My rl friends don't get DayZ, but understand the weight of death.  My rl friends laughed at my black screen.  I hate my rl friends.

• Like 3

Why is US military crashing their helicopters into Chenarus after 10 years? I mean they have to be fresh (random spawns) cause they still smoking.

Why is US military crashing their helicopters into Chenarus after 10 years? I mean they have to be fresh (random spawns) cause they still smoking.

Placeholders, unsure if we are getting crashed American or Eastern bloc gear :) and the smoke adds to immersion my friend..in some instances fun comes before to much realism ;)

• Like 1

Pilot zombies and varied crash zones. Civilian or medical chopper crash sites could make an appearance to spice it up a bit..Civilian could spawn Basic survival gear, clothes on bodies and a bit o food with flares.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the scenario is Chenarus is basically quarantined from the rest of the world. Therefore the NATO helos flying over head would make sense as they are doing recon missions to monitor the outbreak.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the scenario is Chenarus is basically quarantined from the rest of the world. Therefore the NATO helos flying over head would make sense as they are doing recon missions to monitor the outbreak.

From whaty I have gathered, Chernarus was the origin of the outbreak and was quarantined, but there was a containment failure, and the rest of the world is pretty much eating people or being eaten by people.