stielhandgranate

Ammo Calibration : Poll & Discussion

Do you care if ingame weapons fire the correct ammo or not?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if ingame weapons fire the correct ammo or not?

• Yes, give all guns the correct ammo
    • No, it does not particularly matter

Jesus... can you make me a moderator so I can actually say things like "Keep it on topic" and "Keep the discussion healthy" with some semblance of authority? 

People, you can make arguments and defend your point without being spiteful/insulting.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Again I don't even PvP if you've seen me around the forum you'll have seen me complaining about all the KOS bullshit, we still need guns to be able to defend ourselves against them and hunt.

I mean have you tried taking a deer down with a melee weapon? It takes perfect timing and only an axe does it quick, I sliced a deer like 6 times with a kitchen knife and it was still running.

I can make a statement about 75 because that's barely anybody, every time we post this is on the homepage if people cared the poll would have tons more votes by now it's actually 79 people, is that supposed to be a blip on the devs radar? If like a million people said they wanted authentic calibres then they'd probably consider it but currently the majority hasn't said anything about it and it's almost exclusively people who played the mod or spoiled people with unrealistic expectations of how far a game can go who have said anything. Forgetting that this isn't the mod and the mod still exists.

Also it does increase gun variety but if there's say 50 guns in the game do you want 20 different ammo types? I mean seriously. It's that or put variations of weapons already in the game like say a Mosin Nagant 2 which uses different ammo, people don't want guns that look the same and function slightly different they want a large variety of different guns not the same "Russian crap" (that's what people label it, I'm not judging)

But yeah keep saying I care about PvP all you want you're just going to be wrong every time.

The only PvP I care about is being able to defend myself against bandits without having to run away like a pussy because the right ammo is nowhere and they got theirs from 20 different servers.

dude, wtf are you whining about?

if you'd have a hard time finding the right ammo, so would everyone else, server hopping will eventually be fixed, you just want to make the game easier so you wont die while running down the streets of elektro yelling "friendly" to the sniper hills.

Following your arguments, why dont all players spawn with a mosin, so they can 'defend themselves' from the terrible KOS'ers that inhabit the land?

Well, why dont we forbid pvp in the game and create an arena and BG system so you can win honor and buy better weaponz, huh?

or maybe a dungeon system where you can group up with your friends and kill mutant zombies that drop supplies and experience?

FFS, just stop posting this casual-like arguments before someone gets banned.

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 1

. Forgetting that this isn't the mod and the mod still exists.

The SA isn't supposed to be a radically different version of the mod. It's supposed to be like the mod because well, the mod is the whole fucking reason we have the SA right now.(HELL we were not even supposed to get a full retail game, just a repackaged DayZ mod that didn't require you to purchase Arma 2/OA.) It's an extension of the mod, just because it's still there doesn't mean the SA is supposed to be different and break away from it, the mod is what made DayZ. To try and differentiate the mod from the SA is wrong the original vanilla mod IS DayZ. To just outright ignore its influence on the SA would be sacrilege, and you don't get that, you want this game to be easy. You really do, it shines out of every orifice and post you make. Deny all you like. your words betray you.

dude, wtf are you whining about?

if you'd have a hard time finding the right ammo, so would everyone else, server hopping will eventually be fixed, you just want to make the game easier so you wont die while running down the streets of elektro yelling "friendly" to the sniper hills.

Following your arguments, why dont all players spawn with a mosin, so they can 'defend themselves' from the terrible KOS'ers that inhabit the land?

Well, why dont we forbid pvp in the game and create an arena and BG system so you can win honor and buy better weaponz, huh?

or maybe a dungeon system where you can group up with your friends and kill mutant zombies that drop supplies and experience?

If I get banned for my opinions that are in no way horrible or anything I wouldn't want to come back, I like to think the mods and admins aren't so petty as to ban me or anyone else because they disagree with something someone said ever.

Ok so even if they did somehow stop server hopping(doubt it, they might limit it) there's still nothing stopping a clan of like 10 people running through the map, collecting all the ammo and hogging it then killing everyone. And if it gets like that, they most definitely will since that's the only way they can efficiently KOS.

The game shouldn't be made easier for people with that kind of playstyle or mentality a group with a mission like that would just dominate the map and it would suck for everyone who just wants to enjoy the game and since they can't leave the server or whatever they're stuck playing with these a-holes with nought but melee weapons to defend themselves and hunt with.

No point responding to the rest of what you said as it's irrelevant.

That is what the game would turn in to you would never see the ammo for the best guns anywhere.

you don't get that, you want this game to be easy. You really do, it shines out of every orifice and post you make. Deny all you like. your words betray you.

No, I didn't play the mod so I just don't care standalone > mod as far as I'm concerned, oh my god I said it, a crime against your people. Seriously the Standalone aims to be different if the mod is DayZ then this Standalone might as well be considered a mod or a spin-off which means they can do whatever they want with it and the mod will always be there.

"sacrilege" that's kind of hilarious, you act as though they should copy the mod as if it's some kind of religiously incredible game.

And it isn't, in your and the people who played it's opinions perhaps but you are outshined by the people who didn't, none of us care if you played the mod we don't care how you want the game to be and it doesn't have to be how you want it to be.

This game is easy anyway so I don't know what you're talking about if nobody kills me on the way it takes me like 10-20 minutes to get fully geared depending on where I spawn. It's only hard when you don't know what you're doing.

Oh I get it, you're one of these people who think it's the hardest and most complex game ever. Similar to people who think Dark Souls is when it's just not really.

It's not the worst game ever of course but it's an extremely minor title compared to most which are of course "casual" games. Lol.

Really though explain how I want this game to be "easy" when it already is the only time it gets hard is when the FPS suddenly drops or you rubberband back in to the corner of a building with a zombie right behind you.

..//..

[THEN]

we're the ones who fucking popularized the game. I told my friends about it, they told their friends about it. Next thing you know the game is incredibly popular.

..//...

[NOW]

you have the new blood, the people who have only heard about and played the standalone. These people have no idea what DayZ was about. ... Casuals come and go, but the fans stay to the end...

..//..

[NEW PLAYERS ARE]

...a group of players who quite franky couldn't give a damn either way. 

the "new blood" you talk about - " who have only heard about the SA ". I guess someone told them ?

So do you think the "new blood" have the right to tell their friends about it, and their friends tell other friends, so that SA becomes "incredibly popular" ?

Or did you have to start with the Mod to have the right to tell other people about SA ?

I guess back when you started the Mod, you were new players, right ?

So when you started you didn't know much about the game ?

Back then you must have been "one of the people who didn't give a damn either way"

Totally circular argument, dude.

You wrote all that text to say nothing at all - just emotion

Good emotion - I respect that in an ancient player - but no sense in it.

How do you know that a new player today is not going to become the best and 'most-wise-greatest-ever DayZ player, with a better understanding and more long-term support for the game than even you yourself ? Maybe the next Dean Hall of the future is starting his first DayZ hour right now this morning ? So why does that player "not give a damn either way" quite frankly ?

Jesus... can you make me a moderator so I can actually say things like "Keep it on topic" and "Keep the discussion healthy" with some semblance of authority? 

People, you can make arguments and defend your point without being spiteful/insulting.

Part of the problem here is UltimateGentleman thinking he speaks for silent majority.

Another part of the problem is, he has zero knowledge of Mod. That mod that made DayZ huge success and paved road for Standalone to be success as well.

When we count in that he is young player (20) and probably did not have chance to play anything then casual games, it is not hard to see, why veteran players can have problems with his reasoning.

But I agree that debate should be more civil. Still I can understand that many Jimmies were rustled by his clueless opinions.

It reminds me of some of my discussions with my 3 year old son. Those also often do not lead to conclusion based on reason.

That made me seriously laugh.

It somehow reminded me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDr54sfO8I

Edited by Hombre

imo, this game is not supose to be PvP shooter. Once it is finished (if they do it right at the end), it will be game where every round counts. And people wont have to have 300+ 5.56 rounds. Before you get to NWAF or Vybor military base, you will have to survive numerous other factors: disease, cold, hunger, thirst (dirty water in ponds), ZOMBIES, lack of caned food... And when you finally get to NWAF, you find 5,45 ammo and M16 rifle. What to take?? Ammo without gun, or gun without ammo??

I don't mind loads of different types it adds to the fun and challenge of looting for me. I am hoping we will get a G36c and a L85 at some point, my favourite guns.

Stop bickering amongst yourselfs, I locked the Topic in the past because the poll has proved conclusive, even though relatively few have taken the opportunity to cast.

My personal view is that adding more variations of different ammo calibers will make the game unnecessarily tedious.

But that's just me (no vote).

Wish the proponents of streamlining would just flatout say.

"we want streamlining in the game because it makes the game easier and lets us go pvp faster"

Yeah Call of Duty Generation doesn't want anything getting in their way of gunning down fresh spawns.

Also can someone elaborate why reddit is put on a pedestal and lauded as a mature DayZ community? I visited the dayz subreddit to see if I could find some insight from the devs on this issue and it makes this forum look like a supreme court hearing. The whole reddit community is about trying to earn thumbs ups from other users and calling others to thumbs down opinions they don't like.

unu6D9db_normal.jpeg

Chris Torchia @ctorchia
Just got the ok from design to switch the CZ527 over to 7.62x39mm. Wouldn't make sense for a common rifle to fire rare ammo.

Didn't see any discussion on this, but /confetti. Good move in my opinion.

unu6D9db_normal.jpeg

Chris Torchia @ctorchia

Just got the ok from design to switch the CZ527 over to 7.62x39mm. Wouldn't make sense for a common rifle to fire rare ammo.

Didn't see any discussion on this, but /confetti. Good move in my opinion.

It makes sense why make the cz 527 use 5.56 when for the time being 5.56 will only spawn at helicopter crashes.

In the future when they add 5.56 rounds to the civilian loot spawns then it would make sense to include the varmint full sized rifle.

62f1d1f45f.png

The full sized 26 inch varmint version is interesting because of its thick bull barrel and the insane velocity it gets. This could be cool for gameplay as it would seperate the mosin,cz 527 and cz varmint by each having their very own unique ballistics and damage potential.

Mosin = Slow bullet, heavy drop, high damage

Cz527 = Slow bullet, massive drop, medium damage

Cz varmint= Hyper fast bullet, Little drop, low damage at long distance

2e1e88e852.png

The potential for 3600 + fps in a rifle in dayz is awesome.

While it is not the 4200 fps of a .22-250 the huge increase of muzzle velocity will be very noticeable compared to the mosin.

It makes sense why make the cz 527 use 5.56 when for the time being 5.56 will only spawn at helicopter crashes.

In the future when they add 5.56 rounds to the civilian loot spawns then it would make sense to include the varmint full sized rifle.

Not sure I want a common weapon chambered in 5.56x45. I want 5.56x45 to remain rare, indefinitely.

Not sure I want a common weapon chambered in 5.56x45. I want 5.56x45 to remain rare, indefinitely.

I sure do the round has so many awesome qualities as a civilian round especially if they add a varmint rifle and other civilian. 223 rifles to the civilian loot.