Sign in to follow this  
kaal

DayZ is to Clean

I Would really like to see the Artist Gore up the game a bit... 

Walking around you cant really tell that this is a Zombie Apocalypse game, No Blood on Walls, Those type of thing..

Some inspiration from the 1ste Zombie Game I ever Played (Resident Evil)

TheEvilWithin-preview-1.jpg

Kind Regards

Edited by KaaL
  • Like 4

Well if you look in the right places and have good graphics you can tell, eg in towns like stary, novo and svetlo ive noticed multiple cars that have run into walls or street lights with burn marks behind them, as well as lots of car wrecks everywhere, the military tents, the multittude of tossed over furniture and in some buildings there are blood stains.

• Like 1

Yea i have noticed that ... but no Blood & Gore  <_<

There are blood stains in houses, just not as graphical as resident evil. You walk into a house you have the broken windows and maybe some blood spatter but that's pretty much it.

I agree I want more immersion with overgrown buildings and perhaps more signs of struggle in houses.

I personally don't need more blood in the game. You should do poll about it.

• Like 1

I think your picture is over dramatic.

Or a painting artist had an accident and happen to use red.

Does it need that much?

Considering the zombies are the former residents there shouldn't be that many dead people around most would get turned.

What I'd like to see in the way of gore is a few carcasses around and maybe some dead NPC's that committed suicide in a bed or maybe hanged themselves to escape the horror.

There doesn't need to be blood everywhere just because it's an apocalypse doesn't mean the landscape would change all that much, over time it would get overgrown not get dreary and horrible.

It would actually look more beautiful after a time so I'm not sure why people want this dull, dreary looking landscape covered with death from top to bottom when not many people died.

I'm pretty sure Rocket commented this prior to release. I don't remember the exact quote but the general idea was that he felt that it would take away from the player driven story of the game.

For example in DayZ if you find a dead body you know that someone has been killed, it isn't just a prop. Maybe further down the line blood will stain the environment too.

• Like 2

there is a pit of dead bodies somewhere, I cant remember where its near a dead vehicle like a bus or something. Theres a pic of a player hiding in the pit of bodies that was doing the rounds a little while back. 

I think in the future perhaps more road blocks and police / military presence and turbulence in the streets, signs of struggle will appear in game one day, no doubt. 

Hell even just a few cars burning in the streets of a big town on a server restart would be nice ^_^

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

Downed helicopters and all the military camps suggest there was quite a recent battle. Not much evidence of that in the cities other than a few burned cars. Would like to see more rubble like in Fallout, half destroyed buildings, bullet holes everywhere, etc.

Downed helicopters and all the military camps suggest there was quite a recent battle. Not much evidence of that in the cities other than a few burned cars. Would like to see more rubble like in Fallout, half destroyed buildings, bullet holes everywhere, etc.

Yeah, more general destruction would be nice!

I'm pretty sure Rocket commented this prior to release. I don't remember the exact quote but the general idea was that he felt that it would take away from the player driven story of the game.

For example in DayZ if you find a dead body you know that someone has been killed, it isn't just a prop. Maybe further down the line blood will stain the environment too.

This is good if they make it so that bodies are actually, you know, dynamic.

For example, you find a body mangled with bullet holes leaning against the wall. Using your BRILLIANT detective skills you now know someone with an automatic weapon killed him as he stood near the wall. Someone with half of their head blown off and splattered against the sidewalk means either someone likes headshots or there is a sniper in town, and someone with slashes across their torso means a melee master is up to some mischief.

• Like 1

This is good if they make it so that bodies are actually, you know, dynamic.

For example, you find a body mangled with bullet holes leaning against the wall. Using your BRILLIANT detective skills you now know someone with an automatic weapon killed him as he stood near the wall. Someone with half of their head blown off and splattered against the sidewalk means either someone likes headshots or there is a sniper in town, and someone with slashes across their torso means a melee master is up to some mischief.

Even a simple "inspect wounds" action menu option that let you identify gunshot wounds (high or low caliber), blunt force trauma, lacerations etc. on a dead body would be nice.

Could happen in the future a little bit maybe, but there are more important issues that need to be addressed atm

Even a simple "inspect wounds" action menu option that let you identify gunshot wounds (high or low caliber), blunt force trauma, lacerations etc. on a dead body would be nice.

As long as it doesn't replace a full on gore system for bodies. I want to be able to look at someone and know how they died, not have to go over to them and go through an action to get the general information. Now, the more advanced information? Sure, but this game needs gory bodies that allow you to see how that body ended up dead.

For example, if I am looking over a city and spot a body with my binoculars, I should be able to tell if it was a zed (If so, arms and legs maybe ripped off, guts spilled out and devoured, etc) or if it was another player (brains blew out, gunshots on them, slashes, etc.)

• Like 1

As long as it doesn't replace a full on gore system for bodies. I want to be able to look at someone and know how they died, not have to go over to them and go through an action to get the general information. Now, the more advanced information? Sure, but this game needs gory bodies that allow you to see how that body ended up dead.

For example, if I am looking over a city and spot a body with my binoculars, I should be able to tell if it was a zed (If so, arms and legs maybe ripped off, guts spilled out and devoured, etc) or if it was another player (brains blew out, gunshots on them, slashes, etc.)

That might be asking a bit much, but we can dream. First off I'd like to see a better bleeding animation. xD

Could happen in the future a little bit maybe, but there are more important issues that need to be addressed atm

This is a think tank. Nobody is demanding that these are implemented right away. I don't mean to sound rude here, but if you don't have any input on the topic don't waste the time posting.

Agreed. The gameworld looks completely artificial like some mock town where nobody ever lived.

This is a think tank. Nobody is demanding that these are implemented right away. I don't mean to sound rude here, but if you don't have any input on the topic don't waste the time posting.

Haha you don't sound rude, I understand what you mean :)

• Like 1

That might be asking a bit much, but we can dream. First off I'd like to see a better bleeding animation. xD

Gore in an authentic survival horror game? Asking too much?

That's silly.

This game will not be a true authentic survival experience without some sort of realistic blood and gore. Its the apocalypse, when people get shot up, it looks pretty nasty.

It isn't asking too much, it should be a priority in late beta.

Yeah, more general destruction would be nice!

I too would like to see more signs of general destruction (not so much gore) due to ensuing chaos from the zombie outbreak.

Once again I'm going to pull from the Walking Dead as far as examples go to what I'd personally like to see scenery-wise in DayZ at some point.

Hospital002.jpg

Atlanta_entrance001.jpg

Atlanta_entrance003.jpg

highway.jpg

Notice the pictures convey more a feeling of panic and chaos and not so much the bloody leftovers of humans that were slaughtered by shambling masses.

Agreed! I want to see a zombie dev push for a month on the world itself.

-Better zombie models. Blood on the models. Esp around mouth area.

-More blood/gore everywhere on the map.

-Hanged bodies (zombies), rats, more objects like the pit of dead bodies placed around the map, skeletons, skulls, graveyard, bullet holes in walls.

-Cars and caravans left abandoned all over the road.

-Broken down military vehicles.

-I think in one city they should make it feel like a huge war was waged and lost. Lots of destruction everywhere. Destroyed buildings, scattered tanks, etc.

-Wearable bio hazard suits.

Edit: The top 4 screenshots in the post above mine are perfect.

Edited by JasonB

I too would like to see more signs of general destruction (not so much gore) due to ensuing chaos from the zombie outbreak.

Once again I'm going to pull from the Walking Dead as far as examples go to what I'd personally like to see scenery-wise in DayZ at some point.

What I want to see is a computer running the game smoothly on a 100man server in elektro with all this clutter around.

And same goes with the OP picture, sometimes you just have to do reality check to make sure you on the right track.

IF this was a singleplayer game and if the map was 30x smaller, you can create all the unique gore art you want but when you have this huge sandbox where there hundreds if not thousands of buildings, its just not that reasonable to expect detailed, unique graphics presented to the gameworld, not that Im against it though.

Ehrm....

In a few houses, there are blood-trails on the floor leading to a closed door...

I don't want to know, what's behind that door xD