Elmyr

Fire axe suckage and game crashing.

So after a month break or so I decided to get back on just for the hell of it. Suprised that I still have my saved character and all my gear after so long. Before then zombies were a push over with a fire axe, I could wipe out two or three of them with just one hit each. Now you have to equip the axe and THEN press enter to get it ready to swing. I decided to go 1 on 1 with a zombie and the fucker took like 4 hits with fire axe before he went down. That was with like 6 or 7 swings. 

Were the melee mechanics tweeked? or is the fire fire axe useless against zeds now? I would like to takeout zeds with an axe to conserve ammo and not give my position away. But for some reason the axe is not as effective as when I last played. Also is anyone having issues at the main menu when you try and log on a server. The day before yesterday I booted up dayz then clicked change server then crashed. Booted up again then clicked play and crashed, so on and so forth. Yesterday was fine, I could boot the game and pick whatever server I wanted without a hitch. Today similar to the day before, But I could navigate the server menu and logged in succesfully but when I clicked on play the game crashes to desktop again. Does anyone else have this experience?

Machete is arguably the best till they fix  it, its fixed in exp atm

Melee has been tweaked, I strictly punch my way through zeds now.

So its guns a blazin from now on for me. No way Im tryin to go tyson on those abominations.

Machete is arguably the best till they fix  it, its fixed in exp atm

Would a machete be worth it over an FNX? Sometimes they just cant be avoided.

Yes, currently a machete makes no sound and 1 or 2 shots zombies in the head

Yes, currently a machete makes no sound and 1 or 2 shots zombies in the head

Cool, thank you.

The fire axe can still be useful; you just have to know how/where to strike the zombies (I've learned to aim above their heads to get a headshot), as well as be able to strafe around them to avoid being hit. It's fairly rare now that you get a 1-hit kill with it anymore, but it can still happen; the axe will actually knock them down sometimes, allowing you to go to town on them while they get back up. Of course, having gone through 2 tactical shirts now (not to mention the stuff in the pockets) which keep getting ruined after a few hits, and not knowing anywhere besides the NWAF tent city to find more, I may try using the machete when I find one, at least for the time being. I would just shoot them (and probably will on a very low-pop server), but I hate to waste the ammo and, even more importantly, give away my position to anyone who may be nearby. Part of the problem might also have been the fact that I couldn't find a motorbike helmet for the life of me, and only have one now thanks to a fresh spawn I happened across, whom I helped to find his friend near the shipwreck.

I ran up to the NWAF yesterday and was geared up; loaded M4, fire axe, hunter back pack, ballistic helmet, character was hydrated and energized. I got swarmed by 3 or 4 Zeds, got a fracture in one of my arms so I had to switch to my M4 to finish them off. I had some morphine but decided to wait to use it until after I looted the jail, ATC tower, and hangers(I already looted tent city). Just in case I got sniped and needed it to heal a fractured leg...

I was at the last building I was planning on looting with one zombie chasing me, turned around to fire, got hit one more time. YOU ARE DEAD.Lesson learned, use morphine next time, either shoot Zeds or run. No more hand to hand for this guy.

Fixed in experimental. Stable should be in soon.

I guess they did not fix the Fireaxes OPness yet? Because at the moment its about 3 times better than any other melee weapon.