how about rolls of fishing line? people use that itself to fish' date=' just needs weight and a hook.

[/quote']

I'd like to a fishing line used en-general.. and have more then one use, it could also set traps and what not ;)

Awesome idea, I remember on Zelda after killing lots of monsters/questing for what seemed like ages, fishing was a good break from the norm and it'd be pretty good if the odd loot could be found from fishing on DayZ (aka the poor survivor who on his last legs collapsed trying to refill his water bottle only to perish to the bottom of the lake/sea).

how about rolls of fishing line? people use that itself to fish' date=' just needs weight and a hook.

[/quote']

I'd like to a fishing line used en-general.. and have more then one use, it could also set traps and what not ;)

tin cans + fishing line = alarm system fallout style

fuck the fishing line, and the rod! just put the fish in the water and let us throw nades in xD

I love this idea.

I think fishing should give you better stuff than regular food though, to make it worth your time. Perhaps fish work as a morphine, food, and pain killers all in one or something.

Also fish should take awhile to catch. It would be nice to have a minigame for it, but at the least make your guy sit at the lake for awhile with his pole in the water. Would just be cool to come upon people hanging out fishing.

Another awesome thing would be able to fish off the side of boats. There are boats in the game that are too slow to be practical for traveling. Allowing them to catch better fish would increase their usefulness. Seeing a bunch of guys out in fishing would be great.

Also it would be nice to keep track of fish sizes and types you have caught. This could be another incentive for people to fish opposed to scavenging. Could see who catches the best one.

I love it!

Why not just leave the fishing lines in the water and go away, hoping they would catch fish? Anyone who comes around would be able to steal both the rods and your catch. could also be used as a trap.

Why not just leave the fishing lines in the water and go away' date=' hoping they would catch fish? Anyone who comes around would be able to steal both the rods and your catch. could also be used as a trap.

[/quote']

I like this idea.

I support this idea. It would give another aspect to the game and allow for surviving to be taken one more step further

Mind bumping useful threads if your not going to put enough effort in your own?

Rocket - Make the 'Search' function read in size 16 font, bold, italics and underlined and slap it right in the middle of every fucken page or something.

Nah seriously though, make a confirmation page for people posting new threads requesting them to use the search function before a thread is created or something along those lines.

+1 for being able to fish.

As another added source of food, it would not be rare to find somebody fishing. There are an abundance of ponds and the coast serves as a great place. Why not add a fishing pole to the world? Once we find it, it can be used to fish!

You would need bait however. Also we would have to find a shovel and dig up some worms. And when you catch a fish, use your knife to cean it like the other animals.

This would need to be available at particular places only. Its already too easy to get enough canned food and soda to last you a life time. Infinite ensured food sources are too much I think.

For the standalone game, it would be really nice with custom animations for cooking, cutting and defenently also fishing.

This would influence killing spawning players - as they are an obvious threat!!!!! (Not some, at least)

Good idea though...

Like a skinning knife only for WATER!

Seafood for dinner.

*entered thinking the thread title said fisting*

Oh fishing. Yes I like to fish. Would be great! Some really awesome spots for it. Probably not going to happen until it's standalone though, if at all, sadly.