Raoul9753

Many people seem to not actually know what "Alpha" means...

Those are two different houses.

Example == void.

It's the thought and mindlessness of people that counts

People are expecting a yummy, polished Cookie Monster snack!

ujfjp-pinterest20.jpg

But instead because it's alpha they're finding a derpy muttled state with some obvious issues that need to be worked out.

Either way, it's still yummy and can make you fat, which makes it worth it...

Cookies and cupcakes post=Invalid! Nice attempt though

It was approaching lunch time, I was hungry. It was the best analogy I could find using food.

• Like 1

It was approaching lunch time, I was hungry. It was the best analogy I could find using food.

I'm fine with it I love cookie monster I revoke my ban of this it is valid :3

• Like 1

Games are not made in a few months. Especially games of this scale and scope. Many games take a few years to develop before release. Not only do people not realize what alpha means, they also seem to have no concept of the massive undertaking of the development of a AAA game title.

this is the funniest shit I've ever seen. I love it. Thanks for putting be back into a good mood. Now I don't feel like hating on this Alpha progress.

You get my beans.

• Like 1

this is the funniest shit I've ever seen. I love it. Thanks for putting be back into a good mood. Now I don't feel like hating on this Alpha progress.

You get my beans.

Thnx you I'd give you mine as well but it says I've reached my maximum number of thanks for the day :( I shall bean you tomorrow!

Doesn't the Steam page say that alpha ends probably in the end of the 2014? At least that time should be known so if you complain why DayZ is still in alpha you're welcome back in 2015 when it's in beta...

DayZ is like driving a Ferrari that keeps breaking down down every 2 miles. If it's still around in 20 years time, it'll still be exactly the same. Here's hoping H1Z1 will be the light that shines through.

DayZ is like driving a Ferrari that keeps breaking down down every 2 miles. If it's still around in 20 years time, it'll still be exactly the same. Here's hoping H1Z1 will be the light that shines through.

have you tried the ArmAIII Breaking point mod!!!  Shit is amazing!!

• Like 1

Understanding, but did the head dev not walk out with his money??  Its not about on time or not on time, i do not care about their timetable, they will loose this amazing concept that they have created to other capable studios simple as that.  To say its rude or mean or crude and so on for calling them out on their shit,  is so backwards it isnt even funny.  Ive said I love this game, and i WANT THEM to win out, and get the console version and be the number one game.  They are not helping themselves!!

We have people defending them and claiming they have saint like features because they dont lock everyone out.  Funny if they did they would have an Class action lawsuit on them so fast.

You say they should lock it up because they are being met with criticism, i wonder how old are you, because it is a fucking shame that you would lock it up because of words from others, how old are you??  Do you even have a set in between your legs.  

Allow people to call them out and take their tit out of your mouth.  If you do not in fact see the method is flawed then i feel sorry for you and any others.  I do not care about an imperfect Alpha, beta, full release, what i do care about it the ability to fix it and address it.  Not bury it with MORE CONTENT to shut people up.  

I am all in favor of them not updating the game, to fix everything so that this game can be the best damn Zombie survival out there!!

**Nothing but love for all of you** :)

If this is a reply to my post, I am thoroughly confused. Either we apparently had a conversation I have no recollection ever happening, or you used part of my post to reply to someone else.

If this is a genuine reply to my post and not just some confusion on my part, I am sorry to say my analogy must have flown past you somewhere in the upper ionosphere at around mach 5 if the above is how you interpreted it.

And that's a community management problem in itself. Why would you post everything on Reddit rather than on your official forums, especially when, as far as I can tell - you've got maybe 50% more community visiting the forums than you do Reddit? Yes, no wonder, it should make you wonder.

'Cause the official forums has more idiot mouth breathers that live to hate on games/movie/tv. Reddit has the added bonus of community moderation, if something is unpopular then you won't have it on the front page. Its nice, gives you a sense that the vast majority aren't as horribly annoying as the few idiots that yammer on and on about how much the game is gonna be terrible.

However, on the official forums said idiots are on the top of the pile, constantly. Its a no brainer, would you want to deal mainly with idiots (the forums) or fans of your work (the sub-reddit).

Edited by Hefeweizen

have you tried the ArmAIII Breaking point mod!!!  Shit is amazing!!

God Altis is the most terrible map. I like the mod, but all the Arma 3 maps are terrible for DayZ.

Two things: 1. You're an idiot.

2. H1Z1 is going to be an arcade shit-fest. It'll be like a presentable version of WarZ, fine if you're a deathmatching goon, crap if you're looking for hardcore survival. Also, god Sony makes terrible games. Have you actually played Planetside 2, I never thought battles involving so many people could be so damn boring.

'Cause the official forums has more idiot mouth breathers that live to hate on games/movie/tv. Reddit has the added bonus of community moderation, if something is unpopular then you won't have it on the front page. Its nice, gives you a sense that the vast majority aren't as horribly annoying as the few idiots that yammer on and on about how much the game is gonna be terrible.

However, on the official forums said idiots are on the top of the pile, constantly. Its a no brainer, would you want to deal mainly with idiots (the forums) or fans of your work (the sub-reddit).

So paid customers are idiots, huh? The reason there's idiocy here and a lot of the same questions over and over again is because 50% or more of the DayZ SA community doesn't go to Reddit nor do they care about it, they're expecting everything to be on the official forums. You go to the DayZ Standalone website (http://dayzgame.com/) and where does it send you? Not at all to Reddit, it sends you here. That's a significant MAJOR community and information management problem.

So paid customers are idiots, huh? The reason there's idiocy here and a lot of the same questions over and over again is because 50% or more of the DayZ SA community doesn't go to Reddit nor do they care about it, they're expecting everything to be on the official forums. You go to the DayZ Standalone website (http://dayzgame.com/) and where does it send you? Not at all to Reddit, it sends you here. That's a significant MAJOR community and information management problem.

Yes. Many paid customers are idiots. If you don't understand why someone would avoid a bunch of whiny idiots on the internet, then I'm afraid you've got completely different ideas about what a software developers job actually is.

Well different games have different meanings of an alpha. Dayz takes about 5 months to add berries and apples , 7d2d takes a week to completely redo their terrain, then another week to completely redo their crafting gui.

Couple of days ago i was in steam and saw one of my games is updating, and i thought oh dear god is it dayz, am i finally going to be able to hunt, i was dissapointed when i saw it was 7d2d that was updating, that game doesnt need to be updated, it is beta stage already in my opinion.

Also i was told games need to release place holders before working on glitches, looks like someone forgot to tell that to 7d2d devs

Edited by ld-airgrafix
  • Like 1

Well different games have different meanings of an alpha. Dayz takes about 5 months to add berries and apples , 7d2d takes a week to completely redo their terrain, then another week to completely redo their crafting gui.

Couple of days ago i was in steam and saw one of my games is updating, and i thought oh dear god is it dayz, am i finally going to be able to hunt, i was dissapointed when i saw it was 7d2d that was updating, that game doesnt need to be updated, it is beta stage already in my opinion.

Also i was told games need to release place holders before working on glitches, looks like someone forgot to tell that to 7d2d devs

How dare you insult the agonizingly slow pace of DayZ's development?! Blasphemy! Mods! MODS! Arrest this heretic and have him hung by his eyelids and flogged until he blinks!

EDIT: Obvious sarcasm is obvious, I hope.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

How dare you insult the agonizingly slow pace of DayZ's development?! Blasphemy! Mods! MODS! Arrest this heretic and have him hung by his eyelids and flogged until he blinks!

EDIT: Obvious sarcasm is obvious, I hope.

Ha ha im like chuck norris when i blink my eyelids stay still its the rest of the body that lifts.

Clearly there are issues with development of dayz, and i fear this will destroy the game completely. By the time its finished, graphics will be outdated, newer better games will be released.

Yes! And they let us inside the half finish house! Amazing.

They didn't let us in. They invited us to enter for a fee and gave a final warning before payment.

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

I am actually in complete disagreement with the thread starter.  This is not an "Alpha" this is an open beta.  The actual alpha was the mod... and they actually made people pay for this game prior to including all of the items that were in the actual alpha.  This is nothing more than the developer cashing in on the name at an opportune time.   

• Like 1

They didn't let us in. They invited us to enter for a fee and gave a final warning before payment.

Stop this. I am sick of hearing fanboys insinuate the DayZ devs had some kind of altruistic motive for releasing their game under Early Access.

They needed funding. They sold a product. Full stop.

• Like 1

have to admit the fun pimps are certainly pumping out the updates on 7d2d. Bloody fun game to what would you call it dayz meets minecraft/tower defence. Low budget game that still manages some great audio ( i have jumped a few times at zeds inside houses).

Dayz is moving slow but i still hold hope they will pull it together when they have finally fixed the core( gotten the navmeshes in changed to 64 bit the new renderer etc) then it will be time for some mechanics and content. 6 months to go basicly before end of the year lets hope it is a more productive 6 months than the first 6..

I mean, I see topics every day that would even be a rolleye in a Beta, but for an Alpha they just make me lose faith in humanity...

Alphas are glitchs, Alphas are bugs.

Just to make it clear, when this is the game:

AnsichtHausSchering.jpg

This is the Alpha:

2012_06_26_Rohbau_%2831%29_s.jpg

There is no roof, there is no wall pint or carpet, so complaining that you dont like the wall color or that the floor feels unconfortable is just plain stupid.

You wouldnt go into the house and complain that its not save from the weathert yet, because obviously IT HAS NO ROOF YET!

You wouldnt complain that it lacks privacy, because obviously there are no Doors yet!

So why do you go into an Alpha and then complain that it doesnt gives you everything you expect from a FINISHED GAME?

Where have you been since release? What have we been doing all this time without you?  <_<