Sign in to follow this  
DennisTheRussian

FIRE PLACE

I've created one using the splitting axe. Use the axe to chop a tree, get wood, split the log to make 3 sticks and combine rags with sticks to create the basic fireplace. Still needs matches to light.

2gua4g8.jpg

Still trying to find matches to light it.

• Like 1

what is the one method??

i have sticks 

firewood

matches

rags 

a fire place already made

Edited by DennisTheRussian

I read you have to take matches into hand and look at prepared fire "pit".   I really wish they'd replace "place" with "pit".  Or campfire. 

I read you have to take matches into hand and look at prepared fire "pit".   I really wish they'd replace "place" with "pit".  Or campfire. 

already tried that..

1) Take axe and chop tree to firewood

2) Rags + wooden sticks = fire place (if you need wooden sticks, take axe in hands and chop firewood to wooden sticks)

3) Drop fire place to the ground

4) Add firewood to fire place

5) Take matches to hands and ignite fire

• Like 3

Does the smoke go high into the air? Or is it the same steam like smoke from the mod? I always thought smoke from a fire should go above the tree line so it could be seen from a distance.

• Like 3

So do items you put in the fireplace make it burn longer or no? I noticed they do disappear after a while when the fire is going.

Does the smoke go high into the air? Or is it the same steam like smoke from the mod? I always thought smoke from a fire should go above the tree line so it could be seen from a distance.

Its very low, doesn't go high at all.

But in real life it would depend on the wind, but the higher the smoke goes it will disperse and by the time its at a tree height you wouldn't see it much, but if there is a bit of wind it wouldn't go very high at all.

Anyways, the fireplaces look amazing!

• Like 1

Anyone able to upgrade the fireplaces with stones yet? I've tried it a few times with different amounts of rocks, I'm able to attach them to the fireplace but nothing else happens.

End then usually the connection gets lost or crash back to desktop. So someone there who can cook at fireplaces yet?

For those who haven't seen, this is how you make a fire, minus the chopping down the tree part because I went crazy up there.  By the way, I was only able to chop about 5-6 trees with a pristine axe before it got ruined.  Pretty lame but I suppose that prevents trolls from chopping every tree in Chernarus.  Also, it's tough to make fires in the open because the wind will blow out your matches.  I tried to light one just north of the power station in Elektro and went through 20 matches.

Just one is enough?

How long do fireplace burn?

One is enough. I don't know for how long, server restarts every hour, but my fireplace burned at least 20-30 minutes.

When you walk on them do the do damage? Like, if a guy is unconscious or restrained via cuffs as a hostage can I just start a fire on him to finish him off?

Please tell me this is coming to stable soon....