Sign in to follow this  
Element47

[EXPLANATION] How software development works

i wanted to use the maintenance downtime to explain to people not quite familiar with the matter, how software development usually works:

k9cdpBI.png

• Like 5

You should tell that to you-know-who because you-know-who should know the in and outs of a certain engine because it's basically the same since over a decade...

Well, if they are developing DayZ using a good testing framework this is unlikely to happen. If they are not using a testing framework and incorporating it into their build process (which I am inclined to believe) a shitload of bugs will show up.

• Like 1

Im 100% positive this thread should be in Announcements & Information

;)

Actually an extremely long explanation of what an Alpha is, done by Eeyore would have been perfect before people could click the purchase button

Actually an extremely long explanation of what an Alpha is, done by Eeyore would have been perfect before people could click the purchase button

People will ignore all warnings as long as DayZ is listed as one of the top selling games on Steam...

STOP put cheap excuses for this fucking mess of a development process.

Yeah, Boneboys, I said it again. Do you want an invite to hide my posts?

Hello there

Any moderator needs no invites to hide a pointless post.

We encourage criticism but not rants. Especially not uninformed rants.

If you are so au fait with the development process then perhaps point out your reasoning and perhaps put forward some salient points as how to solve the problems you see.

We tend to operate on the GIGO principle.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2