r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Just migrated my main server to 125402, no problems whatsoever. There is one small problem that happened with some people while updating to the latest patch, it deleted their AddOns folder from ArmA2OA giving an error for not finding Chernarus (ArmA2 content) so they had to re-copy it from ArmA2 folder.

Can someone that has successfully done this updating using Steam please post some detailed instructions?  I am having no luck getting my server to work with a Steam install. I have previously installed Combined Operations with DVD images to my server.  This is the first time I have done it using steam to install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA.  I already had to copy the Addons folder from ArmA 2 to ArmA 2 OA to get it to have less errors.

I don't know if my scripts I use for launching and restarting my server are not compatible with the steam install. I did change the paths to reflect the different paths with steam in my scripts.

Also, do you have to change the -mod string for the server to work correctly with Steam?  Even though my server is set for port 2303, when I launch it, it is using 2314 for some reason.

So if anyone has some ideas or good instructions on how to set a server up correctly with steam, I would love to know!

Can someone that has successfully done this updating using Steam please post some detailed instructions?  I am having no luck getting my server to work with a Steam install. I have previously installed Combined Operations with DVD images to my server.  This is the first time I have done it using steam to install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA.  I already had to copy the Addons folder from ArmA 2 to ArmA 2 OA to get it to have less errors.

I don't know if my scripts I use for launching and restarting my server are not compatible with the steam install. I did change the paths to reflect the different paths with steam in my scripts.

Also, do you have to change the -mod string for the server to work correctly with Steam?  Even though my server is set for port 2303, when I launch it, it is using 2314 for some reason.

So if anyone has some ideas or good instructions on how to set a server up correctly with steam, I would love to know!

Might want to check in task manager to see if you have another arma2 instance running.  Typically that's when I see port 2314.  Sometimes when something goes wrong the executable does not shutdown.

• Like 1

Might want to check in task manager to see if you have another arma2 instance running.  Typically that's when I see port 2314.  Sometimes when something goes wrong the executable does not shutdown.

This is exactly what it seems to be - there seem to be an awful lot of ninja-instances of ARMA2OASERVER.exe running without being able to kill them in the usual way.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/

I had to follow this (server part) since I can't be bothered figuring out how to use SteamCMD, it gave me no problems. The command line needs to be changed from pointing inside the beta_oa folder server.exe towards the main ArmA2OA folder server.exe . Didn't change anything else =S.

The only problem I encountered (and during server install too) was the one explained in the post above yours.

Has any 3rd party program come up yet who does the new servers, or do we have to use the ingame browser?

since trying 8.1 on vanilla day z compared to epoch i notice this:

Zombies hit me while I am sprinting even with double tap W, they run slightly faster than me and can hit and make me loose blood while I sprint

If I press default screenshot key or Enter key server restricted and kicks if press it again

Zombies hit me while I am sprinting even with double tap W, they run slightly faster than me and can hit and make me loose blood while I sprint

Already been changed with the next version.

We are just waiting for approval to release the new patch.

If I press default screenshot key or Enter key server restricted and kicks if press it again

This is nothing DayZ does. The server you're playing on most likely has some uncalibrated Antihack, where it's reacting to that button (for whatever reason). Antihacks block certain Keys and if they're calibrated wrong, they will kick you for no reason.

We always run into issues with player feedback, as antihacks change a lot of behaviour and break things, which user report as bugs - where in reality they aren't.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

This is nothing DayZ does. The server you're playing on most likely has some uncalibrated Antihack, where it's reacting to that button (for whatever reason). Antihacks block certain Keys and if they're calibrated wrong, they will kick you for no reason.

I thought it was the default anti hack as i was supposed to be playing on a completely vanilla day z mod server, however now you've said that seems they have added that anti hack themselves on that server. To restrict anyone from pressing F12, Or Enter seems ridiculous, but whatever, I'll moan to them about that

• Like 1

I thought it was the default anti hack as i was supposed to be playing on a completely vanilla day z mod server, however now you've said that seems they have added that anti hack themselves on that server. To restrict anyone from pressing F12, Or Enter seems ridiculous, but whatever, I'll moan to them about that

Our antihack is currently restricted to anti-teleport measures as well as not being able to spawn explosives (survived an attack by a huey launching rockets at me the other day).

These things alone are already fairly effective, but adding other than this is tedious, as our code is public and thus the AH can be bypassed in no time, most of the time.

However, if a single server has a custom antihack, they can hide it away from public and scripters and noone will ever know how the code looks like. We do not have this luxury.

Already been changed with the next version.

We are just waiting for approval to release the new patch.

I really hope this doesn't nerf them so much that you can just outrun them again.  Bringing the hit range down a tad, reducing the bleed chance on non-viral zeds, and removing viral zeds from residential makes sense, but if DayZ goes back to the ol' "Zombies?  No problem!  Just run in a straight line!" again I'll be a sad panda.  It's been so nice having the zombies actually be a challenge in the game.  

• Like 4

I really hope this doesn't nerf them so much that you can just outrun them again.  Bringing the hit range down a tad, reducing the bleed chance on non-viral zeds, and removing viral zeds from residential makes sense, but if DayZ goes back to the ol' "Zombies?  No problem!  Just run in a straight line!" again I'll be a sad panda.  It's been so nice having the zombies actually be a challenge in the game.  

I wouldn't mind if like Day Z standalone, they did lunge attacks or I could see the animation. However playing this version you can literally be 10m in front of a zombie, both parties running, and suddenly my health is dropping with no bleeding and no visible attack lunge from the Z. If the Z could flap his arms while he runned, or do a diving slash at me, then fine, i would also be loving it. Its the fact that he does literally no animation or visible indication of an attack, that is breaking it for me. Edit, have some beans, because i know what you mean, i think its hard to find the correct balance.

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind if like Day Z standalone, they did lunge attacks or I could see the animation. However playing this version you can literally be 10m in front of a zombie, both parties running, and suddenly my health is dropping with no bleeding and no visible attack lunge from the Z. If the Z could flap his arms while he runned, or do a diving slash at me, then fine, i would also be loving it. Its the fact that he does literally no animation or visible indication of an attack, that is breaking it for me. Edit, have some beans, because i know what you mean, i think its hard to find the correct balance.

I belive this is fixed in 1.8.2 (part with the zeds hitting you from way behind.)

• Like 1

all i can see related to it is they are changing the zombie hit range from 3.6 to 3.2... I don't see any mention of like making a running hit animation, so i hope your right anyway

We don't have any people working on animations, which is why we're limited in those regards.

We have a delay, however. They're not hitting you at the beginning of the animation anymore, which was the reason many people were put right off by the Z's, as they were dealing damage at the beginning ofthe naimation rather than when they'd actually hit you.

The range was also changed again, which is what people were complaining about (even though the reports always were way, way off with them hitting you from 10m away, as we have multiple checks checking for distance when attacking, and there is no way it can be more than 3.6m in 1.8.1)

• Like 1

I think the issue is probably most of us yanks have a hard time saying a distance in meters correctly :p

any news when the approval is done? and besides what will be the arma2 version we will use for 1.8.2 - 125402 ?

We have put in the Changelog with BI, not heard anything back yet.

Hi @all

I haven't been playing DayZ for about half a year and just restarted. I still have my old caracter though, maybe it has something to do with that. Anyway... I like the new update for the most part but there are a few things I don't understand.

The blood transfusion kit... I have one, I have almost full blood but I can't use it. Am I missing an Item?

Also I heard that selfbloodbaging should now be possible. Although I have a bloodbag with the right blood type, I can't use it.

Then the new food system...

Yesterday: I was abel to regenerate my blood using meat (which I thought should be impossibru now)

Yesterday: Eating and drinking cans regenerated noting/close to nothing to my food/drink bar (is it supposed to be that way?)

Yesterday: Drinking a botle of water regenerated my drink bar about 3/4 (is it supposed to be that way?)

Today: Drinking and Eating did not add to my food/drink bar (I tried a well, waterbottle, cans and meat)

Today: Eating meat did not regenerate my blood...

I played on the same server as yesterday and also tried a different server today => same results

I logged out now 'cause I'm dying of thirst. -.-

I think the update goes into the right direction and great performance improovements have been made as it seems but those bugs (if they are bugs) are really annoying.

PS: I tried using the search function of this forum before posting... but it seams that it is either not working or I am too stupid to use it... typed in the word "has" and searched for it in this topic... no results *confused*

Hi @all

I haven't been playing DayZ for about half a year and just restarted. I still have my old caracter though, maybe it has something to do with that. Anyway... I like the new update for the most part but there are a few things I don't understand.

The blood transfusion kit... I have one, I have almost full blood but I can't use it. Am I missing an Item?

Also I heard that selfbloodbaging should now be possible. Although I have a bloodbag with the right blood type, I can't use it.

Then the new food system...

Yesterday: I was abel to regenerate my blood using meat (which I thought should be impossibru now)

Yesterday: Eating and drinking cans regenerated noting/close to nothing to my food/drink bar (is it supposed to be that way?)

Yesterday: Drinking a botle of water regenerated my drink bar about 3/4 (is it supposed to be that way?)

Today: Drinking and Eating did not add to my food/drink bar (I tried a well, waterbottle, cans and meat)

I played on the same server as yesterday and also tried a different server today => same results

I logged out now 'cause I'm dying of thirst. -.-

I think the update goes into the right direction and great performance improovements have been made as it seems but those bugs (if they are bugs) are really annoying.

PS: I tried using the search function of this forum before posting... but it seams that it is either not working or I am too stupid to use it... typed in the word "has" and searched for it in this topic... no results *confused*

Hey mate, the mod has gone through alot of changes!

As for self blood bagging, you need a Whole Blood Bag to be able to self blood bag. The other ones can only be given to other people.

To self blood bag you right click on the whole blood bag, blood baging other people is the same process where you look at them and use the option.

Eating/Drinking has changed drastically too. We now have a nutrition system where everything you do effects it. Different food and water items give you different levels of hunger and thirst, as well as chopping wood or repairing car will use up more energy than just standing around.

1.8.2 has a lot of changes to balance the nutrition information for items.

Hope i've answered your question well enough :)

@Malibu28

Use your Journal (i think default key is "i") to see your levels of thirst and hunger accurately. Onscreen displays are just an indications. Sodas fill up about 150 thirst out of  about 1500-2000 (not sure about that) so that's why you don't always see indicators levels moving up.

Same with canned food, different levels with different types of food.

SAme with blood levels. meat does regenerate blood, depnding of what meat you eat, but you need to check journal to see your blood level

Bloodbagging yourself or others requires a transfusion kit.

• Like 1

As the selfbloodbagging was already explained I will only explain this part:

All in all this sounds like your UI has crashed (which happens from time to time). Especially if your indicators aren't moving at all.

This issue has been resolved with 1.8.2 and it should show properly now as well as showing small increases in drink a little more.

Meat is the only food restoring blood in 1.8.1, though cans restore blood in 1.8.2 again as well (only about 100-200).

Make sure to use your Journal (default button "i") to track your values.

• Like 1

As the selfbloodbagging was already explained I will only explain this part:

All in all this sounds like your UI has crashed (which happens from time to time). Especially if your indicators aren't moving at all.

This issue has been resolved with 1.8.2 and it should show properly now as well as showing small increases in drink a little more.

Meat is the only food restoring blood in 1.8.1, though cans restore blood in 1.8.2 again as well (only about 100-200).

Make sure to use your Journal (default button "i") to track your values.

Everything he said, plus, once or twice I've noticed that eating something did not remove any points from my hunger level in the journal (not sure if this is related to the UI crash bug or not).  After logging out/back in it was fixed.  I think that's happened twice to me since 1.8.1 came out.  

Also, I don't think it was mentioned that you need a transfusion kit and an empty blood bag to fill a blood bag with your own blood.  Later you can self transfuse that blood for health.

• Like 1

Hey there everyone!

So after playing on some servers that run 1.8.1 with debug monitor and reading the change log for 1.8.2 again I am stll confused about the state of the humanity system. It seems that giving a transfusion increases your humanity by +25. Is this on purpose?