r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

...the Steam-variant is the best way of distributing the Beta Patch at this point.

Not trying to start an argument, but out of curiosity why is that? I mean why is steam the "best way" and not a zip file on this page like all other previous updates?

Not trying to start an argument, but out of curiosity why is that? I mean why is steam the "best way" and not a zip file on this page like all other previous updates?

Because it's using the Steam-Server-Browser anyway - apart from the fact that the Steam Version doesn't throw any errors at all. Just think about the endless amounts of times people have had "Wrong CD Key" or "ACR doesn't seem to be installed on your PC" or whatever. There have always been problems with the installer you linked above.

Steam doesn't. It gives you three different options at the moment. There's 108074 (which is compatible with 1.62.103718 servers) and 112555, which is compatible with the 1.8.1 patch.

You can switch between the two without any hassle whatsoever and can join theoretically join any server using that method. Just think about the struggle you'd have trying to roll back from 1.63 to 1.62. It's nearly impossible for the normal user.

Hold on a sec. Let me get this straight.

So all us users playing on a non-steam retail version have to completely uninstall everything, install steam, reinstall Arma 2:CO, reinstall dayz and reconfig everything in order to obtain the latest patch?

Seriously BIS? Seriously? Meh. I'll stick to the older patch as long servers support it.

You can continue on the old patch until gamespy close's fully witch should be on the 1st of this month. However i know its been delayed for another month for EA. What we don't know if its all games or just EA games that are being held for another month so pretty much your server could stop showing on the server browser any time now. You may as well just get it over with + the fix's to the newest patch help with alot of issues we have been seeing form items not being removed to weaponholder not being removed(hence the gear icon showing but no loot).

So, in order to provide some users the option to roll back (personally I don't consider that a feature, users should always play the current patch in order to debug and help the development go forward, not backwards, especially after all this time dayz was in the freezer. Also this way the community becomes more fragmented than it already is) we screw the retail owners over by what is essentially the end/deprecation of retail support. You know I appreciate the work and the level of commitment you guys have put in the project, but that's just wrong.

You can continue on the old patch until gamespy close's fully then well your going to need to remote connect only as your server will no longer show ingame. You may well get it over and done with

I always remote connect since the built-in server filtering isn't that good.

Edited by h3l1x

So, in order to provide some users the option to roll back (personally I don't consider that a feature, users should always play the current patch in order to debug and help the development go forward, not backwards, especially after all this time dayz was in the freezer. Also this way the community becomes more fragmented than it already is) we screw the retail owners over by what is essentially the end/deprecation of retail support. You know I appreciate the work and the level of commitment you guys have put in the project, but that's just wrong.

I always remote connect since the built-in server filtering isn't that good.

There isnt much point having a go at us guys we have nothing to do with it. We have our orders however in this case updating does help a good deal with problems read my post above again i did edit it.

It's not our fault, is it? There's nothing we can do about it. If we can chose, we wouldn't update the Beta at all, considering it's breaking more of DayZ than it is helping us. We're not Bohemia, we're Community-Devs with no influence over ARMA 2 Beta Development whatsoever. You're mixing up stuff here majorly.

The reason we need to use the new Beta is because we have no choice. GameSpy is shutting down, which is sad in itself, but if you do not update your server to the new Beta Patch it will never appear on any server browser again, effectively cutting you off from the rest, because noone can find your server. Only way to know would be by knowing the server exists and remoting in.

We can't afford keeping server-admins from that, so we had to update to the newest Beta Patch, so it utilises the Steam-Server-Browser.

TL;DR: Yell at BIS, not us people, we've not chosen to do this and had enough problems with it ourselves already.

• Like 1

thats unrealistic. I don´t think that a infected human becomes godlike feets like usain bolt

Apparently you're not familiar with 28 Days Later, one of (if not *THE*) best "zombie" films in modern cinema that, interestingly, feature people that are infected rather than the traditional resurrected from the dead rotting flesh type zombies.

Infections and mind altering drugs that remove people's inhibitions, rational thought, and ability to process pain can make them do insanely inhuman things.  Look up videos on YouTube of cops trying to restrain guys on PCP.  It's insane.

• Like 1

Quick question, why is everybody freaking out about not being able to roll back to 1.8.0?  I was able to do this just fine and retain my public hive character going back and forth.  Just backup your old @DayZ folder and rename it.  Swap folders when you want to go back to 1.8.0.  As for the beta patch, just select the drop down in DayZ Commander to patch to the newer or older version (it says it shouldn't work for a rollback, but it does).  My friend and I have been able to go between 1.8.1 and then back to 1.8.0.  All you have to be careful about is blood bags (and any other items that are new in 1.8.1 I guess) as they will be gone when you log into a public hive server on the old patch.

Quick question, why is everybody freaking out about not being able to roll back to 1.8.0?  I was able to do this just fine and retain my public hive character going back and forth.  Just backup your old @DayZ folder and rename it.  Swap folders when you want to go back to 1.8.0.  As for the beta patch, just select the drop down in DayZ Commander to patch to the newer or older version (it says it shouldn't work for a rollback, but it does).  My friend and I have been able to go between 1.8.1 and then back to 1.8.0.  All you have to be careful about is blood bags (and any other items that are new in 1.8.1 I guess) as they will be gone when you log into a public hive server on the old patch.

Its not just that you mess up the server your going back to from 1.8.1 > 1.8.0 will cause the sync system to fail with a ton of errors. Witch will lead to server issues. Not to mention new items vs old items.

the issue its self is more about the beta patch's on arma they install different now its not the same way expansion/beta no longer exists once gamespy shutsdown admins wont have much choice but update and the date for the closer was start of this month. They are the bigger issues we have just now

Ok all admins must updated the arma 2 OA to version ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124802 - (1.63 build, Steam only) this is a steam only update.

Please note to update Arma 2 OA to the latest beta 

1. right click on arma2 operation Arrowhead

2. goto properties

3. goto tab BETAS

4. In the drop down box select Beta- 

This is very important for all admins and players as the last beta version had massive issues with weaponholders and deletevehicle not working correct.

thx for info.

is there a official announcement from BI , changelog etc. because i can not find.

( i'm not understand why BI not updates the main-release. this is heavy outdated )

I'm not sure if there's been any posts on this, but what of the base building system mentioned? how will that work?

I'm not sure if there's been any posts on this, but what of the base building system mentioned? how will that work?

That's something for the next patch.

I'm a Vanilla noob, had played lots of epoch but, I think I'll just get The Forest if I wanna build crap. love this update, had a blast running around elktro last night. great job guys :) so is this that final patch for mod I keep hearing about?

Ah gotcha. Awesome :)

Right this is looking like a right mess to me.

So we need to update to a steam only beta? When the majority of people use dayz commander to play dayz?

I'm guessing people wont be able to connect via commander anymore when the server is updated?

I think relying on the dayz launcher in steam along side haveing to opt into the ArmaOA beta is going to kill the player base even more. :(

Edited by TayTay

So it seems. Once its over with im sure it will be fine. The problem as normal we have no choice once gamespy goes down players wont be able to connect to servers not running the new patch. Based on the info im getting so far.

This is nothing to do with us or BIS gamepsy is closing down it effects alot of games.

bleh, will try and get ZS updated tonight regardless, our server name will state current beta patch as usual. 

Performance serverside for me has been pretty comparable with 1.8.0.3 now we have both blood and flies disabled. 

May I ask how you disable the flies? And I'm assuming to disable blood you set "dayz_bleedingeffect" to 2?

May I ask how you disable the flies? And I'm assuming to disable blood you set "dayz_bleedingeffect" to 2?

It's a serverside fix in the missionfile. I am sure the new missionfile was distributed, just redownload from the CDN.

• Like 1

So we need to update to a steam only beta? When the majority of people use dayz commander to play dayz?

I am not entirely certain on this, but how does DayZCommander acquire the serverlist? Is it not using the same masterserver (GameSpy)? If you weren't using the newest Beta Patch it then wouldn't show up on DayZCommander as well.

It also won't affect the playerbase at all. All they need to do is update the Beta, which they had to do in the past already. The only struggle is for the serverhosts and it's a necessary evil, as otherwise their server wouldn't show up.

This is really just another annoyance for server-admins - but something you'd have to expect as Admin anyway. The playerbase won't suffer in this equation.

I am not entirely certain on this, but how does DayZCommander acquire the serverlist? Is it not using the same masterserver (GameSpy)? If you weren't using the newest Beta Patch it then wouldn't show up on DayZCommander as well.

It also won't affect the playerbase at all. All they need to do is update the Beta, which they had to do in the past already. The only struggle is for the serverhosts and it's a necessary evil, as otherwise their server wouldn't show up.

This is really just another annoyance for server-admins - but something you'd have to expect as Admin anyway. The playerbase won't suffer in this equation.

What I'm trying to say is most people use Dayz commander to connect to Dayz servers (Dayz, Epoch, Origins, etc) and also get there beta updates via commander.

If this is a steam only beta download then it won't be available in commander correct?

Most people wont have a clue how to update to the beta branch via steam and even realize they need to do so.

Commander as of now is using GameSpy's master server I think.

I did see somewhere josh has a backup of all the server ip's also but he would be switching over to steam master server at some point but cannot confirm anything as the commander forums are offline.

I guess its up to him to put a message in commander explaining how to update Arma 2 OA for the people who use it.

Edited by TayTay

If this is a steam only beta download then it won't be available in commander correct?

Most people wont have a clue how to update to the beta branch via steam and even realize they need to do so.

You can use Steam's commandlines to force an install, if not already happened and force people to install certain Beta's of that install - so theoretically he could add a button to DZC saying:

"Install using Steam" and it does everything for you.

• Like 1

You can use Steam's commandlines to force an install, if not already happened and force people to install certain Beta's of that install - so theoretically he could add a button to DZC saying:

"Install using Steam" and it does everything for you.

Hopefully this will happen. :D

The best method would for bis to just update the stable version. it would make more sense.