Blern

Let perma death be perma death

Boy what an original idea! Warz totally didn't already do this and look how awesome that game is!

Ban players who got killed for about an hour for that one server. For me it's already now impossible to play after my death. It feels extremely wrong to respawn and have the possibilty to recover your things, therefore, if I don't spawn on the other side of the map (kamenka-berezino) i take a break or atleast change the server. On the other hand it would be very annoying when you're playing with your friends but they could just change server with you.

Edited by Nesuma
  • Like 1

Hahaa ! indeed ^_^

Stop people from looting their corpses, but keep corpses until restart, to increase the atmosphere and allow people to pick up left scraps.

Good to see you guys are reading the thread **shakes head**

I think when the spawning system is overhauled a lot of these issues will be resolved.

So what about firefights in hardcore mode where you sometimes need 15 minutes to reach a body to loot it.

Better beat the zombies to the body or that shits ruined, brah.

Let's go even further, you die = dayz gets deleted from your steam and you have to pay $29.99 to buy new one each time you die

Thats what I thought this thread was going to be about, hardy har haar

Did anyone see my post about a more immersive way of handling this problem :rolleyes: ..?

Only thing I can think of is adding an Extreme hardcore server. One where your locked out for 24 hours - 1 week after death. Hell server might only need to restart once a week. But your character would be locked to that server. You have a character for different types of servers anyway. And maybe when you log out you die. So people can loot your body so items stay on that server and can't be taken off it.

Edited by JasonB

I don't like it at all ... I think in time the spawns being moved all over the map will help a lot , there should be no "disappearing bodies" that's the most unrealistic thing for me ...

And besides pvpers are the only ones going to desperately recover their gear after being shot and killed , cuz lets face it real players know how to get a gun even in a server that has no loot ...

and when this next update with Hunting comes out , people will have more to do so that will deter at least 10 percent of people from just going back to fight the person they just was murdered by, so in my opinion making a crappy "mod" solution to this meta game dead body looting is a bad decision ... Standalone is different for a reason lets not bring back the mod dayz with its half baked ideas lol ...

My ultimate idea for this is that the spawns would be much more spread out , more content to play with then people won't be pvping in one spot , and eventually I hope that the devs would make a way so that when you die you're the only one who can't see your body but everyone else could(that's the only way I see being able to do this "realistically" cuz i HATE disappearing bodies , I love seeing the carnage of a city that just had a battle , chernarus is TOO clean the dead bodies at least make it feel apocalyptic ).

I don't like it at all ... I think in time the spawns being moved all over the map will help a lot , there should be no "disappearing bodies" that's the most unrealistic thing for me ...

And besides pvpers are the only ones going to desperately recover their gear after being shot and killed , cuz lets face it real players know how to get a gun even in a server that has no loot ...

and when this next update with Hunting comes out , people will have more to do so that will deter at least 10 percent of people from just going back to fight the person they just was murdered by, so in my opinion making a crappy "mod" solution to this meta game dead body looting is a bad decision ... Standalone is different for a reason lets not bring back the mod dayz with its half baked ideas lol ...

My ultimate idea for this is that the spawns would be much more spread out , more content to play with then people won't be pvping in one spot , and eventually I hope that the devs would make a way so that when you die you're the only one who can't see your body but everyone else could(that's the only way I see being able to do this "realistically" cuz i HATE disappearing bodies , I love seeing the carnage of a city that just had a battle , chernarus is TOO clean the dead bodies at least make it feel apocalyptic ).

That sounds like an elegant solution but probably a lot of programming code to figure out. On the other hand, may be less code than trying to figure out how to agro zombies to a specific point and keep them there to guard a body. I agree the landscape should be littered with bodies, both Chernarus residents and dead players. 

Let's go even further, you die = dayz gets deleted from your steam and you have to pay $29.99 to buy new one each time you die

Even further, you die= your PC blows up and you die in the explosion. 

Any game that stops players from playing will inevitably fail.

Want to reduce people looting their own body

-          Get rid of the wake up on beach story and Spread the starting spawn throughout the map

-          Add an item degradation timer on dead bodies eg: after 30 minutes items start to rapidly degrade

-          Place a timer that locks a player to a spawn location eg: die within X time to NPC/your own fault you spawn back at the same spot. This could possibly have a limit 3-5 deaths before you get cycled if you die because of another player you get cycled.

Only thing I can think of is adding an Extreme hardcore server. One where your locked out for 24 hours - 1 week after death. Hell server might only need to restart once a week. But your character would be locked to that server. You have a character for different types of servers anyway. And maybe when you log out you die. So people can loot your body so items stay on that server and can't be taken off it.

Splitting the community even more is not the answer.

Don't know if this has already been said (not reading through pages)

But the player who GETS killed should NOT be able to loot their body.

But anyone else should get to

Don't know if this has already been said (not reading through pages)

But the player who GETS killed should NOT be able to loot their body.

But anyone else should get to

Yeah, and people are suggesting that the body gets removed on the player's death, when there's absolutely no good reason for that to happen.

Yeah, and people are suggesting that the body gets removed on the player's death, when there's absolutely no good reason for that to happen.

The popular solution was to make the body invisible to the player, but visible to the other players, though I'm not sure how easy that would be to program. 

• Like 1

The popular solution was to make the body invisible to the player, but visible to the other players, though I'm not sure how easy that would be to program. 

Wouldn't really fix anything for groups who could just pick up the stuff and drop it on the ground and then wait for the guy to get back. Yeah, it's time consuming, but people get their stuff back nonetheless.

if there is going to be a death penality. It will totally destroy this game. it will lose its players. Thats for sure.

So you play a character, you have some gear. You got shot by a guy, who is more geared than you and shoots everyone to piss them off. You wait 10 minutes and respawn. A nice friendly guy shoots you instant after some minutes, even if you are not geared at all. So you effectivly player for 5 Minutes and wait 20 Minutes. Sorry that is totally stupid. I want to play the game and not to wait.

If you are interessted in this, make a new server group called: hardcore realism. Then its a very good suggestion!

There are so many idiots out there who will use this to piss players off on regular servers.

And dont say: "But you have to play good! Then you can play longer!!" - You know that there are people who are not "pro" but still like the game. No one will pay money for a game which they can't play nor enjoy.

"You shouldnt be able to loot your own corpse" - You spawn somewhere.... and able too loot your own corpse, why not? If a player shot you not into your head. Most of your stuff will be ruined. Also the player who shot you, will take your good stuff, which is not ruined. When you reach your corpse there will be most likely nothing left.

"But you start a new life and dont know where your corpse is." - You know, you dont have to loot it. If you start a new life, roleplay it or drink alcohol until you forget it.

my 2 cents.

I think you should be able to loot your own body.

Yeah i know it breaks immersion, makes no sense whatsoever or makes people quickly get good stuff after respawn (if they had some)

But come on, you should be able to loot it, we can just think that the "previous you" ( :huh:) was like... i dunno... another person, that would be a totally logical explanation for it...

That's just my opinion though. :D

Edited by Skandi007

You are roleplaying as a survivor so when you die and come back, you are not the same dude anymore so you are not looting yourself in the game world.

There is really nothing to be done on this matter, make a 10 min respawn? Meh, I can wait. 60 min? I paid so I can play the game constantly.Cant respawn on the same server for hours? I will just join another one.

Only possibility is to make items extra rare.

Edited by So Sexy

A great debate everybody. In the end, my wish is that killed players reanimate as zombies anyway, loot and all. That way you have to kill them again to collect your stuff, or track and hunt them down if they are on the move. Now that would be fun. Imagine zombified players, still all geared up, roaming the countryside and flooding the streets of the bigger towns. Clans would have to deal with a member 'turning' and attacking them. 

If you don't like the Berezino PVP, don't go there. It isn't like just any other PVP shooter at all because it takes 5-10 minutes to get back to your body .. that's already like a respawn timer right there. If anything, you just shouldn't be able to respawn near your own body.

A long respawn timer would be a crap feature, only fit for a crap game like WarZ.

Bodies should stay as long as they do because they're great people-bait and seeing them disappear kills immersion.

A body is already unrecoverable if you die out West... no way you can run back there in time. Simple solution is just to just make more unique stuff in the West (AK parts and heli crashes already accomplish this).

Edited by fuke

My hardcore suggestion

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159913-suggestion-for-a-better-perma-death-feeling/?hl=%2Bperma+%2Bdeath+%2Bfeeling

First I say this shouldn't come in yet because the game is in a very early alpha state ridden of bugs, hackers and all kinds of loopholes that can kill you and that can make this system annoying.

This suggestion is for public hive and how it should be run. I suggest that Y amount of servers should share one database. For example all DE1 servers have their own hive, DE2 have their own, NJ1 have their own etc. Different hives have naturally different characters and loot share but the big thing on my suggestion is that you can't make a new character in X amount of days/weeks/months. So if you die in a DE1 hive server you can't join those servers for the X amount of time but you can play another character in DE2 hive. This way if you die it will have some impact on you because you can't play with your friends on the hive where you died for some time but you need to go alone or move with your friends in a different hive and naturally your friends have different characters on the different hive ;)

This kind of system would really bring the game more perma death feeling and you can't just run over your old body and loot your old stuff etc. The amount of time you're banned from the hive needs to be enough long and I suggest something like 2 weeks.

The wider amount of servers that share the same hive the more hardcore this suggestion is. Just need to find a great balance how many hives there should be on the public so people don't need to move on an Australian server if they live in Europe after couple of deaths.

With the system that we have now the death doesn't really feel enough permanent. You just die and couldn't care less about it.

I'm not sure would this reduce KoS but if you want to take the risk you need to pay the price if you screw up. Spawn campers/trollers need to be handled first because that would be the main problem of this sytsem.

What do you guys think?

/Maybe we need this to be for the hardcore hives only so casual players won't get upset?...

Main point is that you can't join the same server where you've died until you body has pretty much disappeared and the one big hive needs to be divided in smaller hives. You can play the game as much as there are servers/hives but if you die you need to move on different server/hive with your friends and the friends also have another character on the other server. Exactley like private hives worked in the mod but if you die you're not allowed to play in the server for a while like 4h for example. One big main hive is the biggest issue in perma death because with that there never will be even a close perma death feeling except if you can't play a all in any of the main hive servers.

This way you can always play unless you've died a huge amount of times and there isn't any hives/servers left where you haven't died recently which is highly unlikely.

Edited by St. Jimmy

This all would'nt even be a problem if splitting ruined ammo just was not working. Then most of the time you couldnt fire any ammo, for most of the time its all ruined. Those long respawntimers are damn stupid, aswell as not being able to loot your corpse. Seems like you haven't thought about that concept for 20 seconds. Otherwise you would know that groups of players would be able to ignore that mechanic.

The solution is rather simple as people stated: 1. Spread out spawnpoints. 2. Ruined ammo should not be splittable.

Also the reason why people are focused in on berenzino is that there is no diffrent type of loot at the North West Airfield. That means there is no reason to go there, when you can just serverhop* and loot NorthEast. In the Mod we had unique loot at North West Airfield, making people travel there from every part of the map. Also we had crashsites with unique Loot. The crashsites we get in experimental still have the same loot as militarybuildings. 

Unfortunatly they ruined the possiblity to spawn at the southcoast because they made balota too valuable.

*the fact that there are countless of rather empty servers that allow for quick and save NEAF looting also contributes to the emptyness of the inland.

Edited by Khanarac

DayZ would have no players then. No one would pay $30 so they can live one life. And the only reason why Berezino is a deathmatch is because there isn't much else to do.

And when they add base building, electro/popular bandit town will turn into a bandit fortress