Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

Too much punching breaks your hands?!

Looks like punching in a little bit over powered (you kill zombie with fists faster than with axe, and knock out player with 2 punches). How about if fists get injured after too much punching and it makes you bleed and afects your aiming. Any idea if that will be in game at some point?

• Like 4

Breaking fingers should be in. Also, there needs to be  rather severe punishment for broken limbs. Not just put some morphine in your System or apply a Splint and be done.

Hands must shake, constant moaning if you try to aim ect, ect.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

This is an awesome idea. Anyone whos had a real fight will know just how much it hurts your hands. That's why boxers pre-gloves never used to hit there opponents head. It was all whiskey and body shots back then....would be nice if they could work that in....punching body does less damage to your hands than hitting head. Assuming we are throwing heymakers, hitting a wall by accident should break your hand outright, and play some sort of very short "in pain" animation  :)

I dont use fists on zombies, I usualy shoot them. (even damage from firearms should be altered - 2-3 shots to body, one to head). But I see all those boxing vids on YT and I dont like that. 

Maybe... but then shooting a lot should damage our hearing. If you've ever fired a firearm (especially (assault) rifles or carbines like the Mosin or M4) without any protection you know how quick that would make you suffer from noise-induced hearing losses.

No, just like we shouldn't have a %age chance of shooting ourselves in the leg because some incompetent shooters have done that.

I LOVE to Punch out Z´s. Altho ist kind of pathetic that fists are the best melee weapon. BUT afik that will be adressed ( hopefully ) !

Hello there

I think this is a superb idea.

I still have a loose bone chip on one knuckle from a scrap I had in my early 20s (over 20 years ago) which still gives me trouble now and then.

Punching *should* be powerful but it needs to be duration/self inflicted pain limited, we're not all Cassius Clay.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Well iv been thinking about this one, and I still love it....however....

There are quite a few ways to fight and avoid damage to your hands. The best is open palm, using the pad of your hand to strike with. How about a book or something that once read lets you swap fighting stance when your fists are raised?

Could be as simple as a self defence leaflet that is quite a common spawn. Then your options would be something like...

Bare fists, reasonably high chance of break

Open Palm, heavily reduced chance of break but, less damage per hit

Fists with gloves, many diff values for diff gloves. Something armoured like motorbike gloves would be low chance, but don't try and figh someone with your marigolds on because that will still hurt hehe 

Open palm with gloves, same again but ridiculously low chance to break if armoured gloves and open palm. TBH tho iv never heard of a break from open palm at all.

Or... how about just leave it as it is? If you punch properly and don't aim for the forehead, your fist will be fine - it'll hurt at most, but won't break.

The Idea is nice, but please only after they fixed melee weapons^^

I ment in finished game, offcourse! 75% of things that are now in alpha will/should be fixed.

Good Idea

should be message system like the bleeding one

5-10 punches = "My hand is in pain"

10-15 punches = "I broke a finger"

15-20 punches = "My fingers are broken. I can't use my hands"

And all helmets should break hands in anywhere between 1 to 5 hits. (Anyone who has been in a hockey fight can tell you punching helmets hurts)

When Helmets break Hands faster, Gloves should make it take more hits.

At the very least, punching helmets and walls should definitely break fingers. Beans!

Good Idea

should be message system like the bleeding one

5-10 punches = "My hand is in pain"

10-15 punches = "I broke a finger"

15-20 punches = "My fingers are broken. I can't use my hands"

And all helmets should break hands in anywhere between 1 to 5 hits. (Anyone who has been in a hockey fight can tell you punching helmets hurts)

The helmets do not cover the face, though. And we're never going to have sophisticated enough aiming/hit-detection to make it worth it to make your fist only break if you hit the real helmet, not just the head. And in real life, I can pull back a punch, but you can't in the game, when someone turns or runs away or whatever.

I think it's safe to say that none of this stuff will be added, though. Fantasizing about cool melee systems is nice and all, but they have much bigger problems, and they'd need much smoother melee mechanics overall before making it more complicated.

You do.realize this is DayZ right? You.know, the game where Stairs.break.your legs.and doorways kill You?

This is an awesome idea. Anyone whos had a real fight will know just how much it hurts your hands. That's why boxers pre-gloves never used to hit there opponents head. It was all whiskey and body shots back then....would be nice if they could work that in....punching body does less damage to your hands than hitting head. Assuming we are throwing heymakers, hitting a wall by accident should break your hand outright, and play some sort of very short "in pain" animation  :)

I think if that happens we need a hold down for punch strength.

• Like 1

This is a good idea, I made a suggestion once about punching something like a ballistic helmet hurts your hand, this is pretty much what my suggestion says!

I dont think they should break actually. Dont think you can still swing your fists at someone when they are so f**ked up that they will break soon. But they should definitly get damaged and do less damage after some time.

BUT it would be cool if you could break your hand/ fingers when you throw in too much painkillers/ morphine. ;) You could punch like a beast but when the painkillers stop working you would notice that you f**ked up your hands and broke a few fingers maybe.

Edited by Symon

Never punched someone (sounds painful) but I would agree that fists not taking damage from punching is weird. Maybe getting an infection from punching zombies would make sense (you are punching them while they are trying to bite and scratch you!), as minor cuts on the hands are easily infected.