pistaaaa

Your first kill

Hi!

I'm curious about players who started out playing friendly, but changed their style.
I've been playing for 20+ hours. Still haven't killed anyone. Got killed several times, but I'm still tring not to kos. Had some friendly encounters as well.

So how much time did it take you to start to kos?(in gameplay time)
How was your first kill?

Please share!

• Like 1

Took me about 6 hours, guy happens to be afk so I just gave him a nice tap on the head with a wrench. 

Haven't been killed yet though. 

I've killed one person in Dayz and that happened about 4 weeks into the game (back in February). That happened at Balota Airfield and he was the aggressor. Since then I have not felt the need to kill again; I still play as a friendly survivor.

I don't kill very often. When I actually come into contact with people, I usually will hide in a building or copse of trees. If I'm found, I'll either run away or find some solid cover. This being said, my first kill was in the middle of freaking nowhere when a bandit walking along a road spotted me and my buddy crossing the field to his left. I went prone and aimed at him with my Mosin. I gladly donated a single round to his collection. In his skull. Hey, we got an M4 out of it.

• Like 1

I just killed my first player today...

He didnt even had anything...

I was searching a house, suddendly this guy came in and started to punch me. Firt I thought it was a Zombie, went oustiside then I noticed it was a player. I pulled my gun, and shouted "stop hitting me!" He still tried to hit me. I shouted "I dont want to kill you, but I will If you dont stop!" He didnt stop...

Well, I pulled the trigger, 2 shots and he droped dead...

It felt wrong.

To my defense... I was aiming for the legs... I aimed too high... I suck at aiming...

Why does someone without any stuff attack someone who has a gun on his back...

such a waste, I only had 3 Bullets... I never find ammo for the weapon I have or a weapon for the ammo I find...

Edited by Raoul9753
  • Like 4

10 minutes after I finished downloading standalone, I spawned in balota and started to loot one of the buildings. It was the first day standalone was available and there were very few zeds. 2 guys kept hounding me while I was trying to get some food and supplies, one of them told me if I didn't leave they would shoot. Then the dumbass forgets he was broadcasting in direct chat and he tells his friend he is holding up a black guy(not the word he used) in the jail building with no ammo. Luckily for the dynamic duo I had just found an axe, I told them piss off, I'm looting but they were insistant on robbing me or killing me so I did them a solid and buried my axe into their clown masks. Being a nice guy, I informed them that if your are going to threaten someone, please don't announce over side chat that you are robbing a guy with no ammo. They were nice enough to donate their clothing and backpacks full of supplies and a can opener. I was a good first day in new chernarus

• Like 1

I did not kill anyone yet as I somehow managed to meet very few players (other than friends of mine) and the ones I met were alone, friendly and had low gear. I shot at one who killed one of my friends but he died by falling from a building so that one doesn't count.

First kill was a kid trying to knock me out for my sks with no ammo mind you hit him with the machete. that was 10 mins into the game after downloading <_<

couple days into the game

beat a guys head in with a pipe wrench

ive yet to kill a player with bullets

According to Steam I'm at 52 hours, haven't killed anyone (that wasn't already (un)dead) or been killed by anyone yet. Been shot at and chased a few times, quite a few friendly-ish encounters early on. Only deaths so far have been to starvation x1, and bleeding out after a zombie 3-on-1 vs. crowbar x1. So this character has been alive about 44 or so hours, mostly on low-mid-pop servers (<20)  Still waiting for the knots in my stomach to stop forming every time I catch a glimpse of another player. Running into 2 bandit/hunter groups in a row a month back and barely making it out alive really had an effect on me. I'd probably be far better off if they'd actually been competent shots and killed me.  I've actually been looking to help people out, joining near full servers, even carrying a few spare can openers, cans, and canteens to hand out, but every time I spot another player I literally start shaking and end up stalking them to see if they're alone and never actually make contact before they run off after looting the area.

Don't get attached to your gear, they said. Meeting other players will be fun, they said.

Edited by Sokak
  • Like 5

Never killed someone in over 40hrs of playing.

Yesterday I played on a HC Server and I saw two guys looting the tents at the NWAF but i prefered to let them go and I past them in a distance.

Sometimes I don't want to take the risk to get killed after a long time of collecting and searching. My M4 was more important than two dead guys. ;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if my first kill is my first kill. My first day in the game I made the mistake of shooting a zombie in electro. Some dude ran up and yelled friendly, hold your fire and attacked me with an axe. I pumped two rounds from my SKS into him, but he killed me. I never saw him go down, so I never knew if he died too or not.

My first confirmed kill happened last week. After a few KoS experiences I learned to be more cautious. I came across a fairly fresh spawn, like me, in the police station in Staroye. I was tucked in behind the spiral steps when he came down them. I had my mosin trained on him and asked if he was friendly... As if he would tell me if he wasn't. He acted friendly and very helpful, he kept offering me things and was trying to get close to me. I just knew something was up... He kept his splitting axe on his back though so I didn't feel threatened enough to pop him. Eventually he said he was going to head out and started to walk away. He then asked if I had a can opener or anything that would open cans because his guy was starving. He had an axe on his back! Really? I was ready to shoot when he approached with his axe drawn. I shot him square in the middle of the chest, saw the blood fly out and figured that would be lights out for him. Nope, he still got at least one hit on me with the axe before I got a second round into him; another sign that he wasn't starving... A stiff breeze kills you when you're in that state in this game. Even after two rounds in the chest he laid on the floor in the unconscious position while I bandaged myself. I thought about shooting both his legs and patching him up and leaving him crawl around in his underwear, but in the end I just put him down like the dishonorable mongrel that he was. His bag was filled with food, drink, and a kitchen knife... He did have a 9mm pistol mag, but other than that it looked like I had just killed a wandering chef. This guy was either trying to kill me for my rifle or he was trying to kill me for fun... He was not desperate for food or drink.

• Like 4

I managed to kill some random guy that tried to ambush me at the NWAF fire station yesterday out of self-defense. Not sure how, but he missed several shots at point-blank range with his SKS while I was scaling the tower. Ran back down, switched to my Sporter, waited a few seconds near the fire station door, and unloaded ~20 rounds into him as soon as I saw him attempting to round the corner to chase me. It might've just been the game's laggy gunplay, but I could swear he was trying to shoot back after I'd poured ~10 rounds or so into him. I'm positive I hit him nearly every single time, too. Hell, it could've just been his UK assault vest absorbing most of the shots.

Managed to emerge unscathed. :P

I had the option early on when I started the game. I came across a guy at the coastline road and he was playing the Mortal Kombat theme song over the speakers and tried to fisticuff me. I knocked him out and kept moving.

But so far I've only knowingly killed 2 players. But they were mercy kilings.

The first was a guy that looked like a fresh spawn but I met him near the towns up north. He kept saying "please kill me, I just want to respawn, please kill me" I was thinking about it for a bit, thought he might have friends around waiting, and then he raised his fists and I had no choice at that point.

The second was a woman looking to settle a score with someone. She wanted me to kill her so she could go find him near the coastline. After contemplating it for a few seconds I swung a pickaxe at her. At least she said "Thank you, have a nice day!" So that was nice, I didn't feel as bad.

I'm usually the one getting dropped though. Recently met a fresh spawn and after greeting each other and looting a building together, he promptly punches me out and leaves me with nothing but pants and shoes and a can of food...

Why does someone without any stuff attack someone who has a gun on his back...

They have nothing to loose and only two hits to your head might already be enough to send you into dreamland. Some even commit suicide or ask to be killed if they want to run back to their body or are unsattisfied with their spawn location. I hate that.

I've only killed 1 person. I was only about 10 hours into the game and I was about to go into a building and out of the corner of my eye i see a guy running at me with an axe, i moved to the side and he kept swinging so i had to shoot him with my magnum, dropped him with 2 shots which was good cause i only had 4

My first kill was an unfortunate incident. I was running in the woods along the coastal road heading to Berezino. When I saw a guy (he had some camo on and a mosin) zig zagging towards me. I crouched behind a tree got my m4 out and waited to see if he saw me. He did and B-lined straight toward my location. I noticed he had another person with him (a bambi) As they got closer I told them over direct chat to stop, they didnt, so i said it again, they ignored the second command so i opened fire. I barely heard the words (Help me he is trying to kill me) as the last of my bullets killed them both. I realized the geared guy was friendly, and was being attacked by the freshy and he was asking for my help.

• Like 1

My first kill was an unfortunate incident. I was running in the woods along the coastal road heading to Berezino. When I saw a guy (he had some camo on and a mosin) zig zagging towards me. I crouched behind a tree got my m4 out and waited to see if he saw me. He did and B-lined straight toward my location. I noticed he had another person with him (a bambi) As they got closer I told them over direct chat to stop, they didnt, so i said it again, they ignored the second command so i opened fire. I barely heard the words (Help me he is trying to kill me) as the last of my bullets killed them both. I realized the geared guy was friendly, and was being attacked by the freshy and he was asking for my help.

That's completely understandable. I would have also assumed the guy was coming to kill me so that his freshie pal could loot me... He might not have even gotten close enough to open direct chat, as I have become increasingly paranoid.

• Like 1

My first kill happened after about playing for nine hours. My girlfriend rushed into the room and started yelling that I had to go to bed. So I strangled here and continued playing.

• Like 10

My first kill happened after about playing for nine hours. My girlfriend rushed into the room and started yelling that I had to go to bed. So I strangled here and continued playing.

That's hard. I feel sorry for her, SAK.

That's hard. I feel sorry for her, SAK.

No worries, life will spawn me a new one in due time.

My first kill..-

Ah yes, I remember. (Prepare for a story)

I made my first trip to Balota Airfield, however I had a feeling that it was not as safe as it looked. There was practically tumbleweed rolling along the deserted airstrip and the odd desynced rabbit bouncing around the ATC Tower. I came to the conclusion to go around the airfield, then finding a half decent sniper point which was between the Hangars and the ATC Tower, around 500m away.

An innocent freshspawn strutted away from the coast line, I noticed him briefly as he passed throughout the buildings of Balota Town. I took aim, wondering if I should practice my shooting with the Mosin. I placed my finger on the trigger, or in this case my left mouse button. I heard a click, noticing that my weapon wasn't even loaded (That was by far the stupidest thing I've ever done on DayZ). I loaded my rounds, then noticing a strange green bush sprinting towards him with a branch in it's hand. Oh of course, it's a Bandit. The newspawn flushes into a building under a wave of fire bursting at him from the main road. I reposition myself, knowing that it was obviously a sign to do the right thing. After three to four minutes of finding a spot, I still could hear gunfire coming from the same location.

I judge my range accordingly, making sure my weapon is loaded this time round and rest my finger on the mouse button. I push my mouse along my desk to scroll towards my target. I catch a glimpse of him running away from something...

"Stand up, place your hands on your head, don't turn around." 

Well I'll be damned. I ran into a death-trap too greedy to get my first kill on a Bandit, on anything for that matter. Although, my instinct kicks in. I check my inventory quickly to make sure my weapon is loaded before doing a 180 No Scope and placing a bullet in between the guys eyes. Headdddshot.

All of his gear was pristine apart from his glasses, which was a damn shame since they were snazzy lookin'.

• Like 4

Hm... let's see...

my first kill came when a fresh spawn attacked me with a crowbar. I was also a freshspawn, but had an axe. I tried to warn him with "U WANNA GET AXED?!", but he kept going. So in a panicked fumbley mouse spam I chopped 'em.

Okay, a more serious answer than my previous one.

I think my first kill happened after about 100 hours of playing, also on Balota airfield on iirc a 17 player server. I had been avoiding other players because I had no confidence in using the weapons in this game and I was afraid of losing my gear after having died a few times at the hands of others.

But I felt like a pussy and decided to no longer avoid other players and get some combat experience in this game. I went to Balota and no one seemed to be there. I went to the air traffic tower and suddenly heard someone eating and I decided to not run away from the confrontation. I took out my Magnum revolver (I had no primary) and moved up the stairs slowly. I saw a fully geared player in military camo and a M4. He had his back to me and was still eating. I should have talked to him but I panicked when he started to turn around and I shot all 6 bullets at him. I didn't immediately see him die so I booked it out of there, sure that I missed and that he would pursuit and kill me. I ran into the woods to the North and calmed down a little and reloaded my revolver. I didn't see any one so after about 5 minutes I decided to return to the tower. And there lay my first victim. Al of his gear was ruined except the M4 and some ammo so I took it, then I hastily left the airfield afraid the gunshots would draw in other players.

I had an adrenaline rush for 10 minutes after this but felt bad about my cowardly way of shooting him without warning, more or less in the back. It's true what they say though, the first is the hardest.

• Like 4

My first kill in the Stand Alone happened January 10th 2014. I'm not a hostile player and uses voip instead of shooting first.

I had just made my way to the NEAF from the few buildings that were around what is now Svetlojarsk. At that time, there was just about 10 houses and 2 pubs. I checked a few buildings at the NEAF and was coming down from the ATC when I heard the distinctive reload sound of someone spawning in. "Great, a server hopper!" I told myself. I quickly checked the ATC and figured he had spawned in the office/jail building. I waited for him to go out and asked if he was hostile. He turned around and aimed at me, while crouching, and then going prone. I warned him one last time that if he didn't replied, I would have to shoot him considering he's hostile. No answers.

Shot a few rounds in his skull. I don't think he suffered much really. I got to live for another day. Oh, if someone talks to you at an airfield or military base, he's probably not hostile. Those areas are hotspots for PVP. (always been)

123qz9k.jpg

(Most players who wears masks have a tendency to shoot everything they see. I don't wear them, but I think this "oni" mask looks pretty good! :thumbsup: B) )

• Like 3