zombiewarpig

Love How Everyone Is An Expert

After reading 100's of posts on all of these early released alpha's I realized something. Explaining game development stages and the process to a gamer is like teaching evolution to creationists. The fact of the matter is, you can not win the argument.

Games take years to complete and this whole notion of it not being developed to provide seamless game play at the same time is just ludicrous. For example they spend months working on a new system for zombie's and had to scratch it for a better system. This was a set back indeed but should they of just kept an inferior system so that you may have a campfire? There are terms like under the hood that seemed to be over looked or even scrutinized by the community as an excuse or being lazy. When I read a post that starts off with, " I know it's in alpha but" only leads to a post from someone that thinks he knows more then the team or that he has an idea to solve what he thinks is a problem. The problem is not the development team or even the the short time dayz has been worked on, its the community that is in lack of patience and understanding. 

I could talk about this for hours but like I said, "you can not win the argument.

• Like 28

I think people are annoyed with the amount of money they now have, yet the development speed is the same.

• Like 10

I think people are annoyed with the amount of money they now have, yet the development speed is the same.

Because money fixes everything, amirite?

• Like 11

Yeah, I mean 43 million isn't bringing us Star Citizen any faster. Money =/= speed.

• Like 12

Oh another one of those high horse threads. Thank you for adding to the pile, your contribution and sacrifice is appreciated  <_<

• Like 6

Well, due to a new development team and a f*ck ton of backing money, I'd expect results. 

• Like 6

A studio like BI isn't a machine that writes code and generates assets faster the more money you shove into the slot. People need to do these things, and you can't hire 10 programmers to bugfix the same couple of lines of code. You can't hire 10 artists to work on the same asset. The biggest problem with early access is that uninformed people are given an inside look whilst they are used to seeing only the end product.

Its not a fucking high horse its the way things are.

• Like 11

If everyone is an expert that by definition must include you.  So are you commenting about yourself?

• Like 1

If everyone is an expert that by definition must include you.  So are you commenting about yourself?

The only person more annoying than "Complains about complaining guy" is "argues semantics guy".

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Like 6

Yeah, I mean 43 million isn't bringing us Star Citizen any faster. Money =/= speed.

star citizen I want it so bad that's one I hope they take real slow make it sheer perfection.

• Like 2

I swear I seen a thread like this the other day with the same comments. deja vu.

The only reason people are freaking out is because of this other lame game coming out that paid to build a ton of hype for it, and no one asked any serious questions other than to turn on BIS. If you pay attention to the way news has come out, its almost all propaganda style blogs about how DayZ is so behind and this other game is going so quickly and will be so much better.. 

Its all foolishness. Some just dont think, the ones that can, and others are too young or inexperienced to realize this game is coming along well. There will be delays and missed deadlines, as well as things that come out early and little surprises here and there. All of the people that are bitching so loudly will be back each time there is an update.. and eventually they will either fade away or start to like the game. 

For me its perfect because if I get bored of the SA, I just go play Arma or the DayZ mod. No need to get upset over alpha. Ever. 

• Like 12

The only person more annoying than "Complains about complaining guy" is "argues semantics guy".

Are you complaining about my complaining or are you arguing about my semantics?  

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

Indeed.

Beans to you. Knowledge is power. Respect is everything.

:beans:

Here is a woman covered in cheese next to a muscle car. Your argument is invalid.

fiEDbJd.jpg

• Like 12

At some point you spend your money to feed existing devs instead of hiring new ones. So more money does not translate in speed but ongoing development.

I've linked this video so many times I can type it from memory.

• Like 4

Rocket we all know it's you. You are not fooling anyone. Develop game faster! Stop traveling to Bahamas in your private jet.

Would not eat 0/10.

But this..

DELICIOUS

Off_Road_UAZ_Girls-1.jpg

You would eat the jeep?

I love how ppl are experts on the experts about experts.

• Like 2

The funny thing is, they have no idea when it might hit beta... Let alone become a fully functional game... Well played dean hall.

Most of it boils down to experiencing frustration, and not knowing how to deal with that frustration. I don't know, does anyone really think they're going to make the game come out any faster by complaining about it on forums?