zombiewarpig

Love How Everyone Is An Expert

Hello there

Indeed one does not have to be a fan and raising legitimate concerns and constructive criticism is key.

I think DAYZ *will* be very nich and I imagine many folk who liked modified versions of the mod may well not like its direction.

But as with Arma 3 once it is open to modding, as I believe it will be, you will see many different versions appear to cater to all playstyles.

Personally, Im not a fan of A3's "24 hours into the future" setting (models are superb though) but as mods come out to take it to era's i like (1944 and 1990's) I find im playing it more and more, just like its predecessors. I see the same thing with DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Indeed one does not have to be a fan and raising legitimate concerns and constructive criticism is key.

I think DAYZ *will* be very nich and I imagine many folk who liked modified versions of the mod may well not like its direction.

But as with Arma 3 once it is open to modding, as I believe it will be, you will see many different versions appear to cater to all playstyles.

Personally, Im not a fan of A3's "24 hours into the future" setting (models are superb though) but as mods come out to take it to era's i like (1944 and 1990's) I find im playing it more and more, just like its predecessors. I see the same thing with DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

Same here.

I love arma 3s graphics, engine, stance system and performance.

Absolutely hate  the setting, the maps and the future weapons.

Would have rather gotten another desert setting for arma 3 atlis and stratis are boring.

• Like 2

Same here.

Would have rather gotten another desert setting for arma 3 atlis and stratis are boring.

Hello there

Have you tried the http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863 mod?

I almost exclusively play on a nice green Takistan or Bystrica now.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Market has now been satisfied for MC, the mass mods had allowed it to be much more broad, and appeal to many more people.  Of course right now MC by itself would be losing money if the devs kept working on it because few would continue to buy it.

*Note when I say losing money, I mean by: in a month they would spend more then they would receive* 

Hence why they created realms, a 13$/month continuous income source that could allow them to develop indefinitely while still making money. market is full, but they keep milking it.

Also, while my development knowledge is quite limited, I'm quite sure that dev cost for minecraft is not as large as that for dayz. And minecraft even in it's alpha stage was not that buggy, the only thing that changed was more and more content. Dayz does not have that luxury as it is currently fighting against the engine. (Thisis not dayz's fault, it is just the way the engine is)

Lastly minecraft is so huge, broad and well known it is allowed to "bend the rules" (even thought it does not, as it implemented realms to continue making profit) It is kind of like apple, a company that can sell their phones for 700$ bi-yearly with out a care in the world. 

Dayz is not a horrible game, and I'm sure most of what is promised will arrive (sooner or later) but dev process could be a little faster, and from a  business perspective I understand why they are not. 

How can I put this?

Oh I'm a bad person, I'm evil minded, because when I was waiting for your reply to my minecraft example, I was waiting for you to use the KEY phrase

"It's an exception to the rule"

HaHa - you didn't want to say it, but you SAID it.. Because (according to MY rule) every pseudo-scientist, and every person who defends their own illogical arguments, to pretend to twist what is real into only fitting their mistaken view of it, has used that "its an exception to the rule" since the middle-ages. since the Romans, since effing Alexander the Great, dude..

You won't have heard of Alexander the Great, he was a wrong-thinking idiot who thought he could change the world - he didn't know you "cant do that" - and he only had one lifetime so he only changed half of it.. he was some kind of "exception to the rule" I guess...

Yes - but nevertheless the Earth Still Turns, and the Spanish Inquisition tried to stop it turning for 150 years.. but who remembers them? The Earth is an "exception to the rule" I guess, the Earth went on doing it wrong...

and Minecraft is an "exception to the rule" too, lol..

And that guy who had some "market" conversation about computers and went off to build a software called Disk Operating System (DOS), that later became "Windows". I forget his name, I'm not impressed, and anyway he didnt get far, he only made megabucks, he did it all wrong he didn't understand "the rules"

So I worked on your theory a while longer, and found the bits of logic that clearly don't fit, and tested examples that don't fit, and THEN I understood the main point. For the theory to work, I have to do this - for instance, when I say "Minecraft" and when I say "DayZ" I have to pucker my ass up in a different way to say each of them. Then I start to feel like I understand.

Really dude (friend) take a fresh look - you might end up making megabucks too.. The EARTH TURNS

xx pilgrim

[sweetness and light]

Edited by pilgrim

After reading 100's of posts on all of these early released alpha's I realized something. Explaining game development stages and the process to a gamer is like teaching evolution to creationists. The fact of the matter is, you can not win the argument.

Games take years to complete and this whole notion of it not being developed to provide seamless game play at the same time is just ludicrous. For example they spend months working on a new system for zombie's and had to scratch it for a better system. This was a set back indeed but should they of just kept an inferior system so that you may have a campfire? There are terms like under the hood that seemed to be over looked or even scrutinized by the community as an excuse or being lazy. When I read a post that starts off with, " I know it's in alpha but" only leads to a post from someone that thinks he knows more then the team or that he has an idea to solve what he thinks is a problem. The problem is not the development team or even the the short time dayz has been worked on, its the community that is in lack of patience and understanding. 

I could talk about this for hours but like I said, "you can not win the argument.

you do realize your post is as bad ? :lol:

what the point is with many and you mention zombies and creating a new way and they could of left it is.

the funny thing is by the time its supposed to have caught up been fixed this game will probably be irrelevant .

deans gone. probably before the project is even finished. he knows on this engine and how it is it cant be done right. you got people modding arma 3 which is doing better than 40 man team with millions behind them,

funny thing is breaking point is better than SA now for eg zombies work deently in that yet not in SA. they use dayz mod code :lol: so how can a team of 40 not do what a few modders do in same time or less.

your never going to get zombies perfect in this game. alot of it isnt even to do with zombies they arnt going to redesign everything  and if they do how long will that take? exactly by the time if they did the game is irrelevant .

so this project wont ever be finished to anything more than a prettier version of the mod.

mod was great fun SA isnt because i did it all what is now 2 yrs ago.

wait till christmas " we finished vehicles " lol !

meanwhile in free mods with better engine people are doing everythhing they want to :lol:

Hello there

Have you tried the http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863 mod?

I almost exclusively play on a nice green Takistan or Bystrica now.

Rgds

LoK

Bah have you tried cranking the alive mod up on the lingor map?? there is just something about arma3 lighting thats perfect for jungle warfare lol..2013-04-21_00001.jpg

• Like 1

Bah have you tried cranking the alive mod up on the lingor map?? there is just something about arma3 lighting thats perfect for jungle warfare lol..2013-04-21_00001.jpg

Lingor? I ADORE Lingor!

I thought it wasnt transferred as a mod to A3 due to some dispute? Id love to try it with Alive in a3.

Rgds

LoK

Lingor? I ADORE Lingor!

I thought it wasnt transferred as a mod to A3 due to some dispute? Id love to try it with Alive in a3.

Rgds

LoK

Officially no but easy to transfer across using am3p mods work (hence why i put no link up (personal use so i dont believe its against the rules i hope lol) The lighting really is perfect for the setting and strangely i get 70FPS in arma2 on the map i get 130 plus in arma 3 with it  win win i say ..

• Like 1

I have to say that I wasn't even going to comment on Mr. Markets statistics as they are just wrong. 

To say MC would be losing money right now if they kept working on it is just plain false. 

This was in Feb 2014.

People buy up to 16,000 new copies of MC for PC every day, according to Minecraft’s statistics page. It currently sells for €20, which is equivalent to around $26.50.

I would like to say as far as working on it, they are updating it in very big way and according to notch, they have the funds to do so for the next 10 years.

MC realms is simple them hosting using there servers and is not another game like you clearly are making out to be. This will create new revenue not pay for existing development but will allow them to expand as a company into other projects. I read all recent interviews and statistics.

So in order to understand the market you used as an example of your extensive knowledge, maybe learn the product first.

As far as this whole debate at  which the speed of dayz's development is taking is wrong. At this stage being early alpha not late, they have spent a lot of that time building teams to handle different aspects of the game and you will see the speed ramp up in the next few months. So like I said before, if it is finished in the end and is what we all wanted then what does it matter if the beginning takes longer as the end result will be the same.

Edited by Zombiewarpi

you do realize your post is as bad ? :lol:

what the point is with many and you mention zombies and creating a new way and they could of left it is.

the funny thing is by the time its supposed to have caught up been fixed this game will probably be irrelevant .

deans gone. probably before the project is even finished. he knows on this engine and how it is it cant be done right. you got people modding arma 3 which is doing better than 40 man team with millions behind them,

funny thing is breaking point is better than SA now for eg zombies work deently in that yet not in SA. they use dayz mod code :lol: so how can a team of 40 not do what a few modders do in same time or less.

your never going to get zombies perfect in this game. alot of it isnt even to do with zombies they arnt going to redesign everything  and if they do how long will that take? exactly by the time if they did the game is irrelevant .

so this project wont ever be finished to anything more than a prettier version of the mod.

mod was great fun SA isnt because i did it all what is now 2 yrs ago.

wait till christmas " we finished vehicles " lol !

meanwhile in free mods with better engine people are doing everythhing they want to :lol:

All righty then, are you done? I will try to sift through your broken english the best I can.

"what the point is with many and you mention zombies and creating a new way and they could of left it is."

Yes they are working on new pathing for zeds and there will be new models down the line. You seem to be suggesting that instead of improving what they have, to throw in a bunch of assests to please the impatient, got it.

Second quote, not much better than the first.

"the funny thing is by the time its supposed to have caught up been fixed this game will probably be irrelevant ".

When it has been fixed as you put it, I believe that it will not be irrelevent but more so the opposite. All the people that have stuck to the mods will get on board to the best dayz to ever be offered.

Sit tight folks, this is a rough one.

"deans gone. probably before the project is even finished. he knows on this engine and how it is it cant be done right. you got people modding arma 3 which is doing better than 40 man team with millions behind them,

funny thing is breaking point is better than SA now for eg zombies work deently in that yet not in SA. they use dayz mod code  :lol: so how can a team of 40 not do what a few modders do in same time or less".

Dean is not gone and will not leave until its time for him to leave. His team also knows the engine and are making huge breakthroughs on there own, zombie navmesh for example. Mods have nothing to do with what the development team is doing with the SA. You think this 40 man team couldn't mod the SA using all the assets they have access to? This game is being written and not pasted. When they release there new zombies it will be a site to behold. I am confident that what they are doing will in the end make the best zombie survival game that the arma engine can produce. That's the point in all this work btw.

I will make this the last.

"your never going to get zombies perfect in this game. alot of it isnt even to do with zombies they arnt going to redesign everything  and if they do how long will that take? exactly by the time if they did the game is irrelevant ".

They will make zombies that will be better then ever before. If to you and others feel that the game are not even about zombie anymore, then how good are the zed mods really? The time line is very clear and Dean is also very clear about the end of the year being the deadline. If you enjoy the mod great, but it has nothing to do with dayz in terms of development. I am not the only one standing behind this project and I am also not alone in seeing the progress under the hood as something that matters. You are trying to take a strongman approach to this as the game is to early in development to make these assumptions. 

Edited by Zombiewarpi

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Jesus. Truest thing. The only thing keeping me from abusing that game is the fact that its 30 years ahead. 

Same here.

Yep, this is my exact predicament with A3 I love it! Except for the setting and futuristic stuff, which is kind of a deal breaker. I mean there's mods sure but what I really want is ARMA 2 ACE on the Arma 3 engine... there was just so much content in Arma 2 that I miss. 

Edited by Ricky Spanish

After reading 100's of posts on all of these early released alpha's I realized something. Explaining game development stages and the process to a gamer is like teaching evolution to creationists. The fact of the matter is, you can not win the argument.

Games take years to complete and this whole notion of it not being developed to provide seamless game play at the same time is just ludicrous. For example they spend months working on a new system for zombie's and had to scratch it for a better system. This was a set back indeed but should they of just kept an inferior system so that you may have a campfire? There are terms like under the hood that seemed to be over looked or even scrutinized by the community as an excuse or being lazy. When I read a post that starts off with, " I know it's in alpha but" only leads to a post from someone that thinks he knows more then the team or that he has an idea to solve what he thinks is a problem. The problem is not the development team or even the the short time dayz has been worked on, its the community that is in lack of patience and understanding. 

I could talk about this for hours but like I said, "you can not win the argument.

you sound like an expert on this subject

I love how ppl are experts on the experts about experts.

weren't you the know nothing hyper fanboy expert  from warz forums

weren't you the know nothing hyper fanboy expert  from warz forums

No? lol

Im more of a zombie fanboy than on just one specific game. I love how you jump to conclusions and attack what you think you know about somebody.

you sound like an expert on this subject

What you may call an expert I simple refer to as common sense with a little bit of knowledge. I just so happen to do the research and and make sure that I understand something enough before making complaints. 

No? lol

Im more of a zombie fanboy than on just one specific game. I love how you jump to conclusions and attack what you think you know about somebody.

the only conclusions I made was that you think some one gives a rats arse about your opinions by that post count ... and that was far from an attack sugar plum ... XoXoX

the only conclusions I made was that you think some one gives a rats arse about your opinions by that post count ... and that was far from an attack sugar plum ... XoXoX

Whatever makes you feel important about yourself.