Conrad_The_Comrade

Favorite Form Of Banditry?

So I'm making this forum for two reasons; 1. To tell y'all my favorite way(s) of being a bandit. 2. To see how other players like going about their bandit ways. Also, please note: I am not always a bandit, I mix it up between characters, just to keep the game fresh, so please, no hate comments, I'd be grateful :)

Alrighty, so, I have a couple few ways of being a bandit, and non involve KoS, that's just not fun to me (But honestly, I'm fine with KoS, it adds more of a thrill to the game). My favorite method is just being discreet about it. I'll act friendly, and say I give you some food, right? Well turns out, that can of beans you just ate wasn't completely soaked in Disinfectant Spray, so now your vision is going to get screwed, and you'll slowly die, unless you treat yourself, and by that time, I'll be long gone, and you probably won't even know I did it, so cheers lads, you're all going to die from a donation of beans. My other favorite way of being the best bandit I can be is sort of along the lines of a "Highwayman". I'll have my band of 3,4 fellow bandits with me hiding behind some of the ruined cars, bushes, logs, whatever we can hide behind. When you come in between us all, we'll jump out with our guns, yell at your face, handcuff you if you're smart enough to listen (and shoot you if you try anything rash), then we take what we want, poison you with straight up disinfectant spray, and vwah-lah! We got what we want, you get to live a bit longer, and the game continues on! No harm done (To us that is)! Fun right?

Now that I've got my ways out there, how does everyone else act as a bandit, do you just rob, poison, do you just kill the survivors, explain to me and your fellow Apocalypse survivors!

Banditry is foreign to me.. and feels for some reason wrong. I dunno, I dont judge though.

For me the closest I ever have got to it is making contact with players prior to engaging them, and giving them the option to leave alive or to fight to the death.. most choose the former which makes it boring and a waste of my time. Ive moved on to shooting and burying survivors I come across, in the hopes of saving the rest of humanity and civilization from the spreading infection. ;)

• Like 3

The furthest I went into banditry was when star and I dressed up like a road crew with shovels in zino.  We would make the fresh spawns go around the paved road on the grass because clearly we were working.  Lasted about an hour until someone was disappointed in our progress of repaving so they shot us.

• Like 4

Sounds like pretty intense banditry. Well, it has it's ups and downs, one of the downs being other bandits get jealous of our amazing work and seek out vengeance ;) This is obviously what happened in your case.

Also, Irish, banditry is in fact wrong, I mean, we murder for fun and for supplies we could easily access without bloodshed. But that's also the fun of it, knowing it's wrong just gives certain people satisfaction. But without bandits, where would DayZ be? :)

If I'm not KOSing I'm generally pretty nice about robbing folk, I let them keep their guns usually (though I typically take their ammo) and just take what I need, which usually isn't much as I'm not a pack rat.

I don't really find it fun to force feed people poison, or fucking with them, because you're effectively killing them.  I also don't like handcuffing people either typically.  I've done both, but the novelty wore off quickly.  To each their own though, and I aint judging, it's just I try to go by what would be fun for me if I were the victim.  When I've been in situations where people pull out the handcuffs or disinfectant spray I'd rather just die, personally.  So when I hold people up and rob them I try to make it as "friendly" as possible.

I do like your idea of handing out poisoned food, though I'm not entirely sure disinfectant works like that?

Whatever people find fun, the more original the better imo.  Steak and Potatoes that sounds like good times.

Well Borom, I first did the poisoned food tactic on one of my friend's friends, because the guy was very, well, annoying, and a risk to my own survival, and obviously I come before others. So, after being all friendly with the guy, he asked if I had food to spare, and I gave him my poisoned Spaghetti, later on down the road, he started complaining how his vision was going to shit. He started vomiting, and so on. Sadly, before the whole process went through and he went to his slow demise, he got shot to death when we were going through a city in the NE corner of Chernarus (Not sure which city). But either way, I'm fairly certain it was the food I gave him, however, it may have been something else, but that's highly unlikely, after all, digesting disinfectant spray has a negative on our bodies :P

Banditry?

You mean there is people who don't just shoot on sight, and call themselves bandits, strange.....

• Like 1

I wish people would be more inventive or interesting when stealing my shit. :/ The only time I thought I was subject to an interesting bandit experience the guys actually just held me at gun point until they were done looting Green Mountain, then they let me pick my weapons back up and left.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

Well Borom, I first did the poisoned food tactic on one of my friend's friends, because the guy was very, well, annoying, and a risk to my own survival, and obviously I come before others. So, after being all friendly with the guy, he asked if I had food to spare, and I gave him my poisoned Spaghetti, later on down the road, he started complaining how his vision was going to shit. He started vomiting, and so on. Sadly, before the whole process went through and he went to his slow demise, he got shot to death when we were going through a city in the NE corner of Chernarus (Not sure which city). But either way, I'm fairly certain it was the food I gave him, however, it may have been something else, but that's highly unlikely, after all, digesting disinfectant spray has a negative on our bodies :P

Ahh well I believe you, and it's good to know.  I just thought I'd seen some where that it was actually basically for that purpose, of disinfecting food, which I know doesn't really make sense but I figured it was just shitty implementations of some game design they had.

Any ways, that sounds like good times.  That sort of poisoning that's sneaky and tricky I can get behind.

It wasn't in the SA, but in the mod I once had a shoot out in a market that left me with broken legs.  I saw a guy run by the front so I asked him for help.  He actually came in and saved me, but I really wanted to shoot him for some reason (I know it's dick of me, but whatever!) but didn't want him to know I was gonna betray him.  Then a second guy came in.  So I went out the back of the market and I swapped my clothes and came back in and shot the second guy, but the first had gone outside already.  We had a little bit of a gunfight and I was so nervous I would lose and that he'd be able to check my body and figure out it was me.  Luckily I won =P

I actually ended up telling him about it later on the forum for the server we were on, and he said it was no big deal and thought it was pretty sneaky of me.

There's probably some fun to be had with swapping around clothes in the SA and banditry.

• Like 1

I tried my hand at banditry. I found a spot where, with binoculars, I could see literally forever and there was no risk of someone sneaking up on me. So when someone passed by:

1. Fresh spawns - I would question them, hand them some opened food, and allow them on their way.
  2. Semi gearned - I *might* handcuff them, question them, joke with them, but ultimately I'd send them on their way.
  3. Well geared guys (solo) - The guys I would approach with an ethical issue of what to do, true heroes always passed and went about their way with no issue. However, people trust issues or true bandits whole somehow fail this test and either he'd end up dead, or I'd end up dead, or we'd both end up dead cursing each other over direct chat.

My favorite was randomly running out of nowhere with "harlem shake" blasting to see how people would react. I'd say about 25% laughed and got that it was fun, 50% tried to ignore me and just keep running, and maybe 25% found it offensive and attacked me.

I'd consider myself a hero bandit and not really a bandit bandit. If there was no aggression everyone survived and went about their ways. If someone showed any aggression I'd assume they were one of "those guys" and would react accordingly. I'm certainly not, nor have ever been, KOS. KOS is not fun or fulfilling in DayZ, this is not HL2 Deathmatch afterall.

• Like 1

Banditry?

You mean there is people who don't just shoot on sight, and call themselves bandits, strange.....

Actually, yeah, their is. You just need to be lucky and find me :3 Of course, it has to be the right character, otherwise I might end up giving you a actual good can of food. ;)

I tried my hand at banditry. I found a spot where, with binoculars, I could see literally forever and there was no risk of someone sneaking up on me. So when someone passed by:

1. Fresh spawns - I would question them, hand them some opened food, and allow them on their way.
  2. Semi gearned - I *might* handcuff them, question them, joke with them, but ultimately I'd send them on their way.
  3. Well geared guys (solo) - The guys I would approach with an ethical issue of what to do, true heroes always passed and went about their way with no issue. However, people trust issues or true bandits whole somehow fail this test and either he'd end up dead, or I'd end up dead, or we'd both end up dead cursing each other over direct chat.

My favorite was randomly running out of nowhere with "harlem shake" blasting to see how people would react. I'd say about 25% laughed and got that it was fun, 50% tried to ignore me and just keep running, and maybe 25% found it offensive and attacked me.

I'd consider myself a hero bandit and not really a bandit bandit. If there was no aggression everyone survived and went about their ways. If someone showed any aggression I'd assume they were one of "those guys" and would react accordingly. I'm certainly not, nor have ever been, KOS. KOS is not fun or fulfilling in DayZ, this is not HL2 Deathmatch afterall.

I've done similar. My plan basically goes this:

1. Fresh Spawns : They get handed a legit can of food, maybe a Pipsi or a Nota Cola ( Spites are MINE :P ), and they go on their way, unless of course, they try something stupid

2. Semi-Geared : They get robbed, pretty simple, I just take and pick what I want if they comply, if they don't, I break their legs, and move on. Death would be a mercy.

3. Fully-Equipped : I'm taking everything you have, whether I need it or not, and dumping whatever I dont actually want in the woods somewhere just so you don't get to have it.

4. PayDay Mask Wearers : Now these guys get special treatment. First I blast music in my mic, run at them with my group, all screaming like psychos, then we attempt to break their legs, or kill them. Simple. No loot needed.

5. UN Beret Wearers : That's the generic hero hat, so you get to go without losing anything, without any harm, basically no negative impact, other than me complimenting your hat, and that's a pretty bad curse :P

I usually like to shoot people without interaction but on very rare occasions I might ask someone a question like "what's the capital of Botswana?" "tell me about the .243 Winchester" and when they can't answer I get to break their legs or kill them.

• Like 1

Put the old clothes switcheroo plan into action today.  My buddy and I spawned in at solichney and saw 2 armed dudes, one with a crossbow the other with an m4  We wanted to try and punch them out, and tried to sneak up but they spotted us both.  They were actually pretty friendly and offered us food/drinks.  We changed our minds about trying to knock them out since they were cool, although we both really sorta wanted to any ways because we didn't want sol spawns and because, well, we're just like that.

Another guy showed up with a shovel, and the two armed guys decided to head out.  We decided to knock out shovel guy, and then I decided to grab his clothes/shovel and have my friend run ahead claiming shovel guy had knocked me out, and was chasing him.  He caught up to crossbow guy, m4 guy was no where in sight, and started telling him how "shovel guy" had killed "white shirt guy" (me).  While they were talking I came up behind him and knocked him out.  My buddy told me I should put on all his clothes too, so I did.  His crossbow was bugged out unfortunately, but I had his fire axe.

The dudes were on voice coms of course, so the ruse didn't really work there of impersonating his buddy, and when m4 guy started heading back he was obviously in an attack sort of stance.  I waited around a corner for him but he saw me and took some shots at me.  I made it around the next corner and figuring he'd think I ran for it and would chase, I waited and sure enough he came bolting after me.  Rounded the corner and managed to kill him too.

So in the end I got to kill them, and they were probably none the wiser, thinking it was "shovel guy" on a rampage.  Unless they see this of course but oh well!

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

I shoot them with Mr. Mosin then take whats not destroyed. its really that simple.

• Like 1

I can't help but dislike the idea of feeding folks disinfectant.

But unless it's hacking & glitching, all is fair in the world of DayZ.

• Like 1

I usually like to shoot people without interaction but on very rare occasions I might ask someone a question like "what's the capital of Botswana?" "tell me about the .243 Winchester" and when they can't answer I get to break their legs or kill them.

This, this is just beautiful. Enlighten you're pupils my friend.

Put the old clothes switcheroo plan into action today.  My buddy and I spawned in at solichney and saw 2 armed dudes, one with a crossbow the other with an m4  We wanted to try and punch them out, and tried to sneak up but they spotted us both.  They were actually pretty friendly and offered us food/drinks.  We changed our minds about trying to knock them out since they were cool, although we both really sorta wanted to any ways because we didn't want sol spawns and because, well, we're just like that.

Another guy showed up with a shovel, and the two armed guys decided to head out.  We decided to knock out shovel guy, and then I decided to grab his clothes/shovel and have my friend run ahead claiming shovel guy had knocked me out, and was chasing him.  He caught up to crossbow guy, m4 guy was no where in sight, and started telling him how "shovel guy" had killed "white shirt guy" (me).  While they were talking I came up behind him and knocked him out.  My buddy told me I should put on all his clothes too, so I did.  His crossbow was bugged out unfortunately, but I had his fire axe.

The dudes were on voice coms of course, so the ruse didn't really work there of impersonating his buddy, and when m4 guy started heading back he was obviously in an attack sort of stance.  I waited around a corner for him but he saw me and took some shots at me.  I made it around the next corner and figuring he'd think I ran for it and would chase, I waited and sure enough he came bolting after me.  Rounded the corner and managed to kill him too.

So in the end I got to kill them, and they were probably none the wiser, thinking it was "shovel guy" on a rampage.  Unless they see this of course but oh well!

I've done very very similar, but it was more on accident. Basically their were two guys, I killed one, took pretty much all his items, his friend came up to me thinking it was his friend, and well, I killed him too. It's fairly simple I guess.

I shoot them with Mr. Mosin then take whats not destroyed. its really that simple.

Works just as well, as long as you have fun.

Sniping from distance and not even for the loot but for the sake of killing

The hunt is certainly fun, the little survivors out there are just our play things, correct?

It depends on whether or not Im fully geared.

If I need gear (which is rare) I will stalk someone, waiting for a good time to take a clean headshot to preserve the gear.

If im fully geared then its just KoS everyone not in my sqaud. 

It depends on whether or not Im fully geared.

If I need gear (which is rare) I will stalk someone, waiting for a good time to take a clean headshot to preserve the gear.

If im fully geared then its just KoS everyone not in my sqaud. 

Sounds good. Dont want to ruin you're new gear xD

9ca54754e0acfd6b06b0b006e1289cf5.png

Nice Buck you got there, how much did he weigh?

As for banditry, I run the border for Elektro, anyone who doesnt present a passport, will be detained, or shot if seen running away.

i have held up a few people but its usually just beento disarm them if we run into each other and ive got the advantage, say they run into a house than im in with a gun pointed at the door, while  a mates eating or something. just more of a close quarters thing, in towns, keep language to a minimum, "drop bag strip clothes", so il check all that and make sure they cant shoot me, sometimes tho i dont even bother if they "seem" friendly, but you cant trust anyone, so i should do it every time, if situation allows

i had a funny one the other day, where i had a shotgun in svetlo and i  passed this guy , i wasnt even gona say anything or looking at him, to him but he just insta-surrendered and it was in a covered enough area, so i went through teh routine, and actually loaded the shotgun from his ammo, while stood right in front of him wit the gun pointed at him, and then let him go, was a bit funny. but i guess he was just peaceful player anyway

Edited by qww

9ca54754e0acfd6b06b0b006e1289cf5.png

This sir, this is great. You've obviously made a new friend, and you're just playing a "Friendly" game. Very well done, keep up the grand work.

i have held up a few people but its usually just beento disarm them if we run into each other and ive got the advantage, say they run into a house than im in with a gun pointed at the door, while  a mates eating or something. just more of a close quarters thing, in towns, keep language to a minimum, "drop bag strip clothes", so il check all that and make sure they cant shoot me, sometimes tho i dont even bother if they "seem" friendly, but you cant trust anyone, so i should do it every time, if situation allows

i had a funny one the other day, where i had a shotgun in svetlo and i  passed this guy , i wasnt even gona say anything or looking at him, to him but he just insta-surrendered and it was in a covered enough area, so i went through teh routine, and actually loaded the shotgun from his ammo, while stood right in front of him wit the gun pointed at him, and then let him go, was a bit funny. but i guess he was just peaceful player anyway

So you had no ammo in your shotgun until you took it from him? Well done, but bluffs can be tricky. Never pull one with an M4 that doesn't have a magazine, that's too obvious xD