TheLoneSurvivior

Im so done with this game.

So... You geared yourself up to "defend" yourself against, what, other players/zombies I am guessing.

Just because you have a Ballistic helmet on doesn't protect you vs. Melee combatants (Hence it being a BALLISTIC helmet.), if your looking for something to protect vs. Melee, you need to get yourself a Motocross helmet or if you want to RP as Bob the Builder go with a Yellow hard-hat.

• Like 2

So... You geared yourself up to "defend" yourself against, what, other players/zombies I am guessing.

Just because you have a Ballistic helmet on doesn't protect you vs. Melee combatants (Hence it being a BALLISTIC helmet.), if your looking for something to protect vs. Melee, you need to get yourself a Motocross helmet or if you want to RP as Bob the Builder go with a Yellow hard-hat.

This...the ballistic helmet has no face protection so you would still be able to punch someone and KO them

It is the average whining post about getting killed in DayZ and it is normal, but what he says true, and you dumbasses are doing nothing to change it.

DayZ will never be a survival game because the player community started going in the wrong direction since it was released (I don't give a fuck about Alpha), and will stay this way as people are buying this to PVP, and all the big clans do is PVP, and when more content is added it'll just be PVP on a bigger scale and it will be YOUR fault for playing DayZ the asshole way since the beginning.

Exactly..back in the day when you asked such folk to fight you in a fair clanmatch they were nowhere to find because you usually only saw dusk from then running away...

What were you gearing up for, exactly?

I don't know if you already got it that DayZ wasn't a gear up for war kind of game like Wasteland...which a lot of people kind of play it if you watch the yourtube videos carefully ( putting the torture videos aside )

Well, i just want this topic to get closed, it goes nowhere.

Could somebody close this thread please?

Sorry, I expanded my reply considerably while you were answering it seems.

you were so unaware, that the guy actually got close enough to hit you 3 times? look man, , but you have to see that this is crazy, this is what dayz is about, you need to get better, or if you feel you were just unlucky, and you think you are usualy a god player, then just laugh it off, and learn from the experience

you got geared for 3 days to defend  yourself? then complain when a guy knocks you out in 3 , not 1 , but 3 punches? id say this is gona be a steep learning curve man, dont uninstal, keep playing, the game is not about gear, (maybe binos , sum first aid) the game is about being aware, at its core, which you werent, at that monent.

Actully 3 hours, not 3 days lol. You have a point, ill consider trying DayZ again.

Well i didn't know that, would be helpfull if somebody posted that earlier. Take my beans.

Ops reaction is exactly why we kill on sight, you are merely feeding KOS you know.

We kill to grief and your grief feeds us and encourages us to continue to kill everyone on sight.

Sorry, I expanded my reply considerably while you were answering it seems.

It's ok, i actully enjoyed reading ur post. I agree and disagree with you. You say once you get geared up it get's boring, but for me once i get geared up it get's tense. The feeling of dying and losing my stuff makes me extra aware and watching every corners and trusting no one, but unfortunatly one guy managed to sneak up behind me and knock me out.

EDIT: You said

''I personally most like the time from newspawning and those couple of hours where I gear up, and where loot is interesting and encounters much more direct as I don't really care if they shoot me or not. As soon as I gear up I grow bored very quickly, to a point where I actually deliberately suicide or give away all gear to experience fun time again.''

Well sir, please go and get fully geared up, and hand me over ur stuff :P

Edited by TheLoneSurvivior

Run from the coast and do it all over again.  I am at my 86th hour with the same guy.  He has been shot and left for dead, revived by a stranger once, woken up after a shoot out to find his enemy dead, abandoned more than a few dead friends, and killed 33 people.

I have died at least 12 times by shooting, once by logging out and being eaten by a zombie (found my body with the zombie still swinging and got my stuff back!) rolled back twice, deleted character at least twice.

I enjoy the game and you need to embrace the entire experience.  I was crushed the first couple times I lost my full kitted guy.  But you get over it.

And the community is fine.  There are lots of jerks, but that is what makes the game.  Those few survivors you befriend make it worth while.  You take the risk in the apocalypse.  Honestly, I bet the number of bandits isn't that much different than what would really happen!

Try again or disappear, nobody cares about you leaving.  There have been 2 million players!

k bai

if you don't want to get killed by fresh spawns don't go to the coast after gearing up.

I only went to Berezino cause i needed a mosin and i heard a guy fire serveral shots, i had him in my sight but missed by a hair then i ran off. I was waiting in a corner and some guy sneaked up behind me. Boom unconcious. then dead. gg

Welcome to Call of duty...

erhm, i mean... Dayz. 

• Like 1

Defending myself, more slots. I was gearing up for the game.

And you were forced to defend yourself, failed to do so?

Like, I get how it doesn't make sense that someone managed to knock you out so easily but that has nothing to do with the community.

I only went to Berezino cause i needed a mosin

They spawn EVERYWHERE not just Berenzino.  If you would have said NWAF, I would have had sympathy for you.  Its your fault.

i had him in my sight but missed by a hair

Seems to me you were attempting to KoS, the very thing you complained about in your original post.

Ease up, TheLoneSurvivor. As long as "DayZ" is in alpha/beta state, there might be that kind of wall. Some kind of reputation system or even some penalties could purge banditry or at least block it. Game has potential, so don't just quit now.

ps. it's not "Survival"; in some cases it's just getting nuts.

post-39532-Charlton-Heston-laughing-gif-

Oh god, my sides.

Banditry will never be gone, every human being is naturally an asshole at some point in their lives, and you cannot deny that, but you probably have a lot of experience that will confirm it. With other people and with yourself. We are selfish and stupid, and nothing will ever change that as it is in our nature. Every man/woman is the center of his/her own universe.

It's survival as long as you know how to avoid people, and as long as you know how to do that, you'll be fine. Base building will be implemented soon, and I plan to make a very remote base somewhere in the woods maybe, and hunt.

P.S - Nice UT2004 picture bruh.

Edited by Dr.Burd

They spawn EVERYWHERE not just Berenzino.  If you would have said NWAF, I would have had sympathy for you.  Its your fault.

Seems to me you were attempting to KoS, the very thing you complained about in your original post.

I dont need your sympathy.

I quit for now, the people in this game, the community is so lame, EVERYONE kills/shoots on sight, the F is wrong withu guys. Gearing up for 3 hours and dying to a stupid motherF'er freshspawn who sneaks behind me and knocks me out in 3 hits while im being healthy and weaing a ballistic helm.

really...

git gud then come back. There are so many wanabe military kids here who think that if they have m4 and ttsko pants they are invincible. Problem is YOU, not other people who outsmart you.

In the end what reading this thread boils down to - in my eyes.

OP gathered gear for three hours, traveled to one of the last places on the map the OP should ever go and not expect to be shot: but not only the horrid choice of location also went to KOS a possibly friendly - possibly enemy - sniper for his mosin! Which in itself there is nothing wrong with that, hearing gunshots and seeing a sniper generally leans toward the side of the sniper being the bad guy but you never know; still at the end of the day the OP missed the shot and fled, and in the process those people the sniper was shooting : or the sniper him or herself : followed behind a distance, found the OP's hiding spot, slipped up behind him and took him out with fists. Every possibility there the sniper or the sniper's allies were getting revenge, or those the sniper was shooting at thought he was actually the sniper or the sniper's friend; no side can really be blamed since shots were fired and often times even friendly 'good guys' revert to survival mode after gunshots go off. Given it was a kill by fists, I'd wager it was a bambi who'd been shot at by the sniper more than likely.

But as the OP said in prior complaints, it's not the death or the gathering time to get the gear, or the missed shot, it's the fact of a ballistic's helm + fists = 3 hit KO which is a balancing issue 'if' anything (but as mentioned, ballistic helms don't really defend against fists; it really only saves you from 1 pistol shot or a long range rifle shot if pristine in general and 'not always'.). Balancing being one of the last things a Alpha game would ever normally consider tweaking though three hits is actually a good number, I'd lean more toward if someone sneaks up behind someone else they could do a choke hold or slit the player's throat (dishonored style!) - not like it's easy to sneak up behind someone who's actually being aware of surroundings, never staying in one spot exposed for long & of course the OP dislikes the KOS nature of things, well, most everyone does; in general. It's not going to resolve itself until the rest of the features are in, plain and simple.. when the content in DayZ Standalone surpasses the mod it'll even out more. As it stand's it IS more of a shooting gallery - there isn't much else for the majority to do just yet. So leaving temporarily if that's a problem, isn't a bad plan.

• Like 1

I quit for now, the people in this game, the community is so lame, EVERYONE kills/shoots on sight, the F is wrong withu guys. Gearing up for 3 hours and dying to a stupid motherF'er freshspawn who sneaks behind me and knocks me out in 3 hits while im being healthy and weaing a ballistic helm.

really...

yeah I feel ya I'm taking a break for a year or so not going to go back to SA until more things are implemented leave the TDM to everyone else. I went back to the mod and I am actually having fun and my rage meter has went to zero.

bye, we will miss you

Not really

I doubt anyone gives a fuck about suggestions in these forums, devs only seem to communicate with that Reddit liberal shithole.

Calm down.

Well, i just want this topic to get closed, it goes nowhere.

Could somebody close this thread please?

Your wish is my command.