So as the wiki says NVG only spawns at Barracks and Helicopter crash sites.

Apparently now people are finding them at deer stands, which are military loot spawns.

Can this be confirmed or denied please?

Thanks

The DS nvg rumour is just that IMO - alot of big talk/no proof in forums about it. Loot table inidicates no drop from DS, but perhaps things have changed since then.

Until the loot table is updated, or a credible video/ss is linked to proof of nvgs at a DS, keep hunting those barracks. But youll have a better chance hunting bandits.

Why wouldnt they be in deer stands i say? Surely they a quite useful item for a soldier to have in a guard post.

if they don't i think they should. it makes sense. keep probability low, but make em spawn there.

I found my first pair at a helicopter crash site yesterday.

They had spawned right underneath the helicopters model and I only noticed they were there when crawling under the tail rotor my camera intersected with it and i saw them on the ground.

Never come across a pair in a Deer Stand yet.

It would make sense to find some kind of night vision in a deerstand, hunters do use that kind of stuff (although why hunters in Chernerus hunt deers with automatic rifles I don't know!)

I wouldn't expect military grade Gen 4+ night vision (the NVG in game) there though, that shit is expensive and hard to get ahold of. Maybe some crappy Gen 1/2 (much shorter range, relies heavily on beaming IR).

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this.

Anyway back to the point, I do not think NVG spawns in regular military loot spots, just the 'advanced' military loot spots and downed choppers.

I can put my NVG to a garage or DS and make video to proff how I picked it up ))

I've been searching more then 30 helicrashes, without sucsess. Only bandits have it..

They ought to have a chance to spawn in deer stands if they don't already. Trying to raid the international airfield is about as fun as shooting yourself in the dick with all the server hoppers. Nothing quite like spending 10+ minutes scoping the area out to make sure it's safe and then having some cunt spawn in behind you and shoot you in the back as soon as you enter the barracks.

I wonder what it would be like if NVGs were included as a normal starter gear?

Will make night servers more active that's for sure.

I wonder what it would be like if NVGs were included as a normal starter gear?

Will make night servers more active that's for sure.

I am actually in favor of this. They make a game breaking difference if you can get ahold of some, and as it is right now, everyone plays until the server switches to night time, and then everyone leaves for a day server. I know some people will be like "omfg wtf ur so stupid nvgs are supposed to be OP idiot", but I don't care. I prefer to play at night, and I would love to play with 50-100 other people on a night server. As it is right now, that will never happen.

Oh noes...here we go admitting reality again that 90% of the Dayz players avoid night servers like a hooker with a bad case of crabs.

No all the fanbois and hardcore futnucks will come out and call us pussies.

Oh noes...here we go admitting reality again that 90% of the Dayz players avoid night servers like a hooker with a bad case of crabs.

No all the fanbois and hardcore futnucks will come out and call us pussies.

Not 90%

But their is an uneven balance of players playing comparing night/day.

I dont want NVGs to be added, just wondering what effect it could have. We are testing the game overall.

I'm not in favour of NVGs as a spawn item, purely because (for a game without 'obvious' objectives), finding a pair is a massive achievement; even more so for those of us who play without exploiting loot spawns at the NE airfield.

Also, your first forays into a night server, once you have them, are almost a new experience. Most players on these servers are very well equipped, zombies aggro oddly in the pitch black (survivor-seeking warheads once you make a sound). Logically, it's a step up in progression; both your style of play and the risk/reward balance become altered once you can play at night.

My view is that NVGs should stay as they are: Rare and essentially a form of 'levelling-up' within the game.

That being said, your best bet is to search the open fields of Chernarus for heli crashes.

If you think you (finally) deserve a pair, I've had loads of luck finding NVGs there.

Good hunting, peeps :)