rocket

Patch 1.5.7 and this being an Alpha and fucking zombie spawns

i dont mind crawling all the way through a town. it provides a sense of tension and immersion not seen in any other games.i love listening to the casual kidies whine and cry.

i dont mind crawling all the way through a town. it provides a sense of tension and immersion not seen in any other games.i love listening to the casual kidies whine and cry.

I am not whining or crying because of the mod, and you are right about the tension and immersion while you crawl in the city watching the zombies slowly walking beside you, hoping not to be seen or heard, but the problem is, there is just too much zombies, the game is nothing fun when you get 40 zombies (not even half the village) behind you for shooting one shot or being seen by zombie, there is just too much of them mate.

Maybe keep the population as is, but reduce their hearing? That way if you shoot you still get swarmed, but not by half of Cherno?

You may be right that this is rocket's game' date=' but it would be foolish to not make this game engaging and entertaining for the most number of players possible, as it has the potential to make rocket a lot of money.

[/quote']

like call of duty/ most games with a sequel? yeah no, i would instantly stop playing if he catered to the more vocal crybabies who want an easy l4d style game. this game is one of the last bastions of hardcore gaming i can turn to when i want to play and i would be supremely disappointed if that went away.

I like the amount of zombies, HOwever they should disengage at a certain amount of distance.

We had a few guys do a quick recon in one of our vehicles and as they came back to our temporary camp site, they had zombies following them the whole distance.

I'm cool with the new zombies(even tho they sound like rabid chiuauass) but they really need to stop following at a certain distance.

I am not whining or crying because of the mod' date=' and you are right about the tension and immersion while you crawl in the city watching the zombies slowly walking beside you, hoping not to be seen or heard, but the problem is, there is just too much zombies, the game is nothing fun when you get 40 zombies (not even half the village) behind you for shooting one shot or being seen by zombie, there is just too much of them mate.

[/quote']

so adapt to survive. instead of crouch walking go prone.dont shoot unless absolutely necessary. if youre in a large town just run for your life. if you were a survivor in an apocolypse you would do whatever it takes to get resources and not be seen at the same time.

so adapt to survive.

It is a survival game after all :P

I am not whining or crying because of the mod' date=' and you are right about the tension and immersion while you crawl in the city watching the zombies slowly walking beside you, hoping not to be seen or heard, but the problem is, there is just too much zombies, the game is nothing fun when you get 40 zombies (not even half the village) behind you for shooting one shot or being seen by zombie, there is just too much of them mate.

[/quote']

so adapt to survive. instead of crouch walking go prone.dont shoot unless absolutely necessary. if youre in a large town just run for your life. if you were a survivor in an apocolypse you would do whatever it takes to get resources and not be seen at the same time.

That is what I do already. I even went to bandit to get resources even I had rule to not kill people if they do not shoot me. The only problem for me right now in this mod is that there is a bit too much zombies and they spawn little too fast just when you killed few of them to survive.

The game definitely needed more zombies, though the current amount may be a little overkill. Just a little less with longer spawn times would be perfect.

I also concur that you should be able to outrun zombies eventually, that way at least you would see less people log out to lose aggro, which is really cheese. (But understandable, can't expect people to just give up and let themselves be killed)

/Thread

Keep up the great work btw, just ignore the people whining. Some of them seem to be entirely oblivious to the meaning of ALPHA.

Since a lot of us like the current larger number of zombies, maybe a good compromise would be to double the time it takes for zombies to respawn?

In addition to that, you could make a check that zombies don't respawn within 50m-100m of alive players.

I love the new zombie counts (bug or not). I would keep it if possible, might (might as in needs further testing) need to tweak a few things like ammo spawns or the zombie hearing radius but I love it. Zombies are actually a threat again.

Zombies are great, don't change a thing.

If anything, make a way to camouflage yourself from zombies, even if for a short time. That would just be a cool feature.

I fucking love the new zombie spawns, intentional or not. You see, the more times that I can say "Holy shit I'm fucked!" to myself, the better the game is for me. Before I only had to worry about players, but with shit-tons of zed running around I've gotta watch out for them too. I love it.

The spawn rate is a bit ridiculous now. Right now you can just about kill a couple zambies, climb up a deer stand, hop down and run 50m crouched before the zambies spawn back. I can see this being a real problem in a bigger city where you have near endless stream of zambies coming at you with new ones popping up all the time.

Hummm... Just reporting that there are no loot in choppers. I tried in both models ( grey and green)...

Me and my mates tried from every angle in the "venom" and no option for gear... In the green model there was no loot at all in gear menu.

Great job with this mod.

Had a good few runs with 1.5.7, but met my doom 3 times with being overwhelmed by zombies in some of the smaller town and villages. The gunshot aggro I think needs to be explained fully. People say certains guns when fired have louder sound radius' etc, which is fine but it would be good to know exactly what you'll be letting yourself in for if you happen to fire.

I got to say though... there is a bit insane amount of zombies at those "alone houses out on the countryside" like... where did 20 zombies come from ONE house in the middle of nowhere? :D perhaps try and find a nice level of "realism" there, where you got shit-loads as now in big cities, some varying amounts in smaller villages and perhaps not an ARMY of them at ONE summer house ;) haha

God, I feel stupid for asking. But how do I download and install the 1.5.7 patch? I installed the mod yesterday and it seems to be 1.5.6 because every time I start a game, it tells me I need to update to 1.5.7 because that's the version they're using for that server.

Any help would be nice. :)

I went into a church in novy starbor all by myself with 8 zombie kills, and came out of it 20 minutes later with 380 zombie kills, and only because I ran like hell because it was becoming difficult to get more than 5 fps with all the zombie corpses creating a new church carpet.

Also I use six updater, and I have a custom preset that I use to start dayz that gets both the current version of dayz and the beta patch for operation arrowhead. I don't even have to manually do anything besides select the preset, and my steam copy is good to go.

Loot issues are still there, just a lot less apparent because the 'zombie stimulus package' appears to be directly fighting the buggy as hell 'No loot for you, serverhopper' script and winning, most of the time.

Zombie spawns as they stand at the moment are taking their toll on servers too. With a bit of fine tuning, it can work well, and I trust in the dev's :)

Too much zombies and too fast spawning. I think it was too slow before but this is just too much. Our group got split up and everyone died. And getting too each other again was near to impossible when you only got a makarov. All small towns and houses are surrounded by big groups of zombies. Engaging them without drawing attention of one or two more is hard. I was killed several times trying to get back to my group. I think the game needs more zombies than before, going through a town back then wasn't something you thought about twice. Now on the other hand engaging a town most certainly means getting stuck there fighting off endless waves of zombies. Playing alone is not an option. I'm not bashing or anything, just trying to be constructive and leaving feedback.

Heh, seems like this was definitely the best time for a new player to get interested in this game!

Since I've only just started today, I think I can say that right now, the current level of zombies is frightening!

Sneaking into town successfully requires a lot of patience, and I've found that the moment I have to fire a shot, I need to leg it doubletime, otherwise a horde will come down on me without remorse.

It's a challenge, for sure, especially for the group of friends I was traveling with: traveling as a group seems to spawn more of the damn things than when I was moving alone!

I'm sure it's been said a million times in the thread. If there is some happy medium either with spawn rates or speed of Zed's, I'd be more actively looking for a 1.5.7+ instead of relying on the old 1.5.6 servers out there still. I'd hate to see a polarizing of the community over a simple patching in an Alpha game.

Stick with it, kids. It'll get way worse or better ;) I'm here for the run either way.