Sign in to follow this  
Testy69

2 million copies of DayZ and H1Z1

Hi guyZ,

I'm sure this had been asked before but why on earth making this game taking soo long??? DayZ sold 2 million coppies, and with 30$ a piece that's shit load of money. Yet it seems like it's gonna take a year or two before release.

It just annoys me that DayZ mod has vehicles, base building and everything yet non of those are in the SA. They have the money, I don't understand why it's taking soo long. Sure it's still alpha but I feel like the devs become rich and now they are sailing in their new yachts in carabbians, drinking expensive whiskey and smoking cuban cigars next to a beautiful young girl. And i'm just sitting here... 30$ short... waiting for the updates.

There are tons of awsome stuff in the suggestions forum. If only they can finish the core game...

And whats with all the bugs. Is the engine the problem? If so, why don't they switch to ARMA 3 engine?

So the new free2play DayZ-Rust(more Rust less DayZ) clone coming out. I'm happy because H1Z1(what a stupid name) will become a competitor to DayZ and hopefully it will force devs to work faster to not to lose players.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts. I'd be really glad if someone can explain me these.

• Like 4

You think because they got a lot of money the game development will go faster? The engine consist of thousand and thousand of lines of codes. If something breaks they must go back.

Things I know and read about is that Arma 2 engine is broken, Arma 3 engine is broken. Can they be fixed? Probably not, but they can centerly improve. Vehicles i Standalone are being re-done from scratch meaning they DO NOT want to copy paste from arma 2 or 3. If they would have build a complete new engine for this game it would take 3+ years probably. Not many engines can handle the size of chernarus. There is alot more too it but it would be tl:dr

Just a quick edit, Alot of things you see now in standalone are currently placeholders meaning it will change or be redone in the future.

Edited by flygamer1
  • Like 1

I'm sure this had been asked before but why on earth making this game taking soo long??? DayZ sold 2 million coppies, and with 30$ a piece that's shit load of money. Yet it seems like it's gonna take a year or two before release.

That's cute.

Do some research and you would know. Everything is being built/rebuilt from scratch. Not just ported. It's not a simple as " Here's a texture, put it on a shape, That's a wall, add it to loot spawn, you can build a base now. "

Same goes for cars.

• Like 1

I personally can't wait for H1Z1 to be released.... so all these whiny little scrubs can piss off.

• Like 5

You think because they got a lot of money the game development will go faster? The engine consist of thousand and thousand of lines of codes. If something breaks they must go back.

Things I know and read about is that Arma 2 engine is broken, Arma 3 engine is broken. Can they be fixed? Probably not, but they can centerly improve. Vehicles i Standalone are being re-done from scratch meaning they DO NOT want to copy paste from arma 2 or 3. If they would have build a complete new engine for this game it would take 3+ years probably. Not many engines can handle the size of chernarus. There is alot more too it but it would be tl:dr

Just a quick edit, Alot of things you see now in standalone are currently placeholders meaning it will change or be redone in the future.

Just because they have money, they are not gonna magically start working faster ofcourse. What I meant was they have enough money to hire more people.

Also, did devs announced a rough release date? something like late 2015 or like that? 

Hi guyZ,

It just annoys me that DayZ mod has vehicles, base building and everything yet non of those are in the SA. They have the money, I don't understand why it's taking soo long. Sure it's still alpha but I feel like the devs become rich and now they are sailing in their new yachts in carabbians, drinking expensive whiskey and smoking cuban cigars next to a beautiful young girl. And i'm just sitting here... 30$ short... waiting for the updates.

There are tons of awsome stuff in the suggestions forum. If only they can finish the core game...

And whats with all the bugs. Is the engine the problem? If so, why don't they switch to ARMA 3 engine?

So the new free2play DayZ-Rust(more Rust less DayZ) clone coming out. I'm happy because H1Z1(what a stupid name) will become a competitor to DayZ and hopefully it will force devs to work faster to not to lose players.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts. I'd be really glad if someone can explain me these.

Yeah they got shit of money now, so they just put the money inside they operatingcomputers and they automaticly have 500% speed. profit!

I'll just leave this here...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182275-dayz-at-rezzed-2014-dev-sessions-livestream-roadmap/

Yeah they got shit of money now, so they just put the money inside they operatingcomputers and they automaticly have 500% speed. profit!

I tried that once.  Figured more money more speed, so I put in a bunch of pennies.  Turned on the test computer...and well after HFD was finished putting out the fire I had a large copper ingot where the test computer was.

• Like 1

I personally can't wait for H1Z1 to be released.... so all these whiny little scrubs can piss off.

looking forward to playing both games, as a fan of the horror and zombie genres it is obvious both games could become fantastic in different ways...,Day Z for the hardcore almost simulation with eventually more customisation and private servers,..however currently..day z is a glorified deathmatch and is ruined by its community

H1z1, more arcadey and MMO style..but that could mean larger, more epic world,, hopefully more focused on the zombies than PVP combat

Both games have merits its easy to just take the popular hipster view and say DAY Z is so amazing but look at all the glitches and time your going to have to wait.. I can't handle more than an hour or two of Day z standalone in this state..just an empty world with really bad zombie A.i.... Although to be honest H1z1's world was looking empty and uninspiring, i just think they seem more focused and like their game will be made faster and not fucking around so much.

• Like 1

Short answer = Rushed release right before christmas and fast cash grab.

Long answer

The dev's excuse is that everything is being made from scratch. Now, why would they want to release an alpha that is way behind the mod (which its also in alpha) in terms of gameplay and core features its beyond my imagination.

I still remeber the last year, with all the suggestions and fresh ideas from the community and the devs being so open and discussing with us what would this game be in terms of gameplay. Stuff like liberated cities, survivor camps, radio tower broadcast, supply drops and so. Now I feel like all these wasted time "dreaming" about a game was a waste. 

I also remember when they told us that SA would run in a new engine, and this is what we get, all the same problems with the old mod and even more. At least in the mod the AI had a solid pathfinding mechanic, hackers still there, exploits, glitchs, duped items, everything is there. And BE as always, is a joke.

Not going to talk about h1z1 or rust since I did not played any of these games, but I also feel like sharing my thoughts

• Like 1

Yes, that was the plan from the beginning, as explained officially in the roadmap.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182275-dayz-at-rezzed-2014-dev-sessions-livestream-roadmap/

Don't forget about the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's they all have to drive now. That takes up a major part of their time.

Seriously, though: just because Bohemia Interactive made a fair amount of money by releasing it, doesn't mean they didn't have any costs prior to releasing it. What about the paychecks they had to pay prior to the release? That money needs to go back to the company, which is what the slaes are there for. It's not like they're sitting on a huge pile of money, rolling around in it and laughing - while they're doing absolutely nothing. This is not Hammerpoin Interactive after all.

Refer to this:

Just because they have money, they are not gonna magically start working faster ofcourse. What I meant was they have enough money to hire more people.

More money for more people doesn't mean it'll be quicker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks's_law

A lot of those things have been elevated already and are being added to the game.

Because when the work started on DayZ, the ARMA 3 engine wasn't even finished. Infact, the Alpha wasn't even released at that point. If they were to start based on the Arma 3 engine the game wouldn't be in the state it is now for atleast another year, maybe 1.5 years.

Yeah, because they only start working then. They're not working at the moment, at all. Only the release of a so called clone will force them to start working.

Rocket even commented on this numerous times:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185472-reddit-rocket2guns-on-will-h1z1-light-a-fire-under-bis-ass-and-accelerate-the-road-map/?hl=h1z1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185475-reddit-rocket2guns-on-will-h1z1-light-a-fire-under-bis-ass-and-accelerate-the-road-map/?hl=h1z1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185571-reddit-rocket2guns-on-will-h1z1-light-a-fire-under-bis-ass-and-accelerate-the-road-map/?hl=h1z1

The H1Z1 discussion is this way:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185256-h1z1-a-post-apocalyptic-mmo-from-soe/

Make sure to inform yourself and search the forums, as all of the points I made were discussed already numerous times and there is no need for them, as they're uninformed postings. All of this information is available to you. After you have done that, feel free to discuss these matters in one of the already existing topics.

Locked.

• Like 1

I love the way people think multiplying 2 million by $30 = the amount of money a publisher makes.  Ever heard of costs?

• Like 2