Sign in to follow this  
Ugly (DayZ)

Existential Crisis!

So, I logged out after playing, then logged back in shortly there after.

I was hit with a 30 second respawn.

Load into game and there was my character, sitting down.

I waved goodbye as he crouched and left.

Did not know this was a thing.

Log off timer that you can't see? I think it's been in for about 2-3 months now.

So many noobs complaining that the server reset their character when they jumped off the game in the middle of a firefight or Elektro (when the spawns were mostly near there). Then people started reading patch notes and such.

Log off timer that you can't see? I think it's been in for about 2-3 months now.

So many noobs complaining that the server reset their character when they jumped off the game in the middle of a firefight or Elektro (when the spawns were mostly near there). Then people started reading patch notes and such.

He's talking about logging back into the server and having a duplicate avatar still there.

He's talking about logging back into the server and having a duplicate avatar still there.

yes.

1. Shoot it

That could cause a time paradox.. If he kills him past self, he could break EVERYTHING.

• Like 2

That could cause a time paradox.. If he kills him past self, he could break EVERYTHING.

One more good reason to try. I would do it and see if it breaks the game :D

No...I did it to myself. You will respawn as a freshie if you kill that other version of yourself. If it happens, I suggest watching / guarding it until it disappears to be safe.

• Like 1

No...I did it to myself. You will respawn as a freshie if you kill that other version of yourself. If it happens, I suggest watching / guarding it until it disappears to be safe.

Wow,that preety much confirms we have time paradox in DayZ.

Glorious DayZ,everyday i'm preplexed and learn something new.

Even the bugs are sophisticated. :P

• Like 3

After posting in this thread, I had this happen to me.. I tried to kill him, tempting fate and the time paradox, however, I was too slow. It seems to happen as OP described. When you log off a server, then log back on the same server within 30 seconds. I had to do it because of the glitch when you try to aim and just get gun textures all up in your face.

Fuck me now I GOTTA try this!

HAHAHA OMFG This is so true.

Seriously guys. I just tried it. You WILL spawn on the coast! (after you leave game)

aaaand then after respawning and running to your body you will find 2 people who will murder you while they pillage your body.

Edited by Ugly

SNAKE! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOUVE CREATED A TIME PARADOX! YOU CANT PLAY WITH THE FUTURE LIKE THAT!

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

Ok now I have a headache.

I can second this. Don't kill yourself, will save you a possibly long run back...

Don't kill yourself

And why not if I may ask? :D