petetheEat

"He who fights and runs away..."

Today, after hours of walking me and two of my friends finally met up on the coast outside of Berezino. We were just swapping food and ammo when we heard M4 shots and they both went down. I couldn't see our assailant so I legged it out of there, with bullets whizzing behind me. I made it out alive, but felt very guilty afterwards; should i have turned round, looked for him and shot him, risking certain death, or was it right to run? Do you folks think running away from a fight is ok? I mean, it's better than combat logging, right?

• Like 1

You pussy, i find it so funny when people run away from fights especially ones equally matched. There was one of him and one of you, i personally would have used all that time you did running with your tail in between your legs to flank around on this guy and wait for him to loot the bodies, it is extremely rare for someone to leave bodies, most will hide them and as your there might as well check what your victim had on him anyway, if you were to ask me what the number one killer is on dayz it is greed, people wanting more loot.

All in all You are a pussy never run from a fight unless you are really outgunned and outmanned (that's just strategy) otherwise you wont ever get better at the game.

Edited by Inception.
Please don't.

You pussy, i find it so funny when people run away from fights especially ones equally matched. There was one of him and one of you, i personally would have used all that time you did running with your tail in between your legs to flank around on this guy and wait for him to loot the bodies, it is extremely rare for someone to leave bodies, most will hide them and as your there might as well check what your victim had on him anyway, if you were to ask me what the number one killer is on dayz it is greed, people wanting more loot.

All in all You are a pussy never run from a fight unless you are really outgunned and outmanned (that's just strategy) otherwise you wont ever get better at the game.

Scrubby bandit logic right here

• Like 5

winter is coming and you have men more than 100, why won't you fight

• Like 1

Running away when shit hits the fan is fine, atleast one of you is still alive. Of course it all depends on the situation, did you know where the shots came from, how many people or did you have enough cover to make a stand. Sometimes you know your not gonna win, and if you get the chance to bug out you should take it. Thats the understanding between me and my friends anyway.

• Like 2

Today, after hours of walking me and two of my friends finally met up on the coast outside of Berezino. We were just swapping food and ammo when we heard M4 shots and they both went down. I couldn't see our assailant so I legged it out of there, with bullets whizzing behind me. I made it out alive, but felt very guilty afterwards; should i have turned round, looked for him and shot him, risking certain death, or was it right to run? Do you folks think running away from a fight is ok? I mean, it's better than combat logging, right?

Yeah that was a smart move. If your NOT in an advantage at seeing your opponent its best to get the hell out and ether stay out or try to get into a better position to see your opponent.

• Like 6

Like some minutes ago...killed one with a headshot.The second one runs away and i runned behind him.When i noticed fast that hes running always the same round(he was so scared xD ) i stoped behind cover across the street and waitet for him...

Then i shootet him because his tactic was horrible lol.

saying hes a pussy due to it being a ne on one is no argument. ur just an overly aggressive player. any one sensible would be weary to enter any gunfights, as gun shots always attract more players. i myself would of tried to get eyes on the guy and wait till he started looting, whap out the trusty fire axe and made him bleed profusely out of his head IF i was going to enter combat. thats what real men do, take on pussies with m4s with |FRICKING AXES YO!!

the aim of the game is survival, if your a good player you wont need to be greedy and loot a dead player or one of your own vistims, if anything when i kill anyone, i always just hide body and rarely loot them, as im usually fully stocked with exactly what i like to have, and hiding bodies is just the sensible way to avoid another player stumbling across a body that he could scavenge a weapon of and possibly end up behind me with

morale of story, dont do stupid stuff like meet geared frienmds in high pop zones like coast and bere especially, head inland to the other towns and your golden

You were at a disadvantage from the beginning, you did not know where he was, and you did not know how many others may have been with him.  It was right for you to get out of there, and a person who just stands there in the open, looks around, and guns it out right there is a fool, so do not listen to people who say you should have done that. There are two ways to handle that situation, one of them, is the one you executed. The other is to pinpoint a location of where he is as you are running towards cover, take cover in a spot where you can see the bodies of the dead, while also being able to keep your six covered. Alot of KoS'ers are impatient, they will be more interested in the bodies than in you. They may look for a small amount of time, as long as you stay hidden, they will think you left. He will then most likely head to the bodies, and then you murder him for what he has done.

Edited by TheDoctorInDayz
  • Like 3

saying hes a pussy due to it being a ne on one is no argument. ur just an overly aggressive player. any one sensible would be weary to enter any gunfights, as gun shots always attract more players. i myself would of tried to get eyes on the guy and wait till he started looting, whap out the trusty fire axe and made him bleed profusely out of his head IF i was going to enter combat. thats what real men do, take on pussies with m4s with |FRICKING AXES YO!!

the aim of the game is survival, if your a good player you wont need to be greedy and loot a dead player or one of your own vistims, if anything when i kill anyone, i always just hide body and rarely loot them, as im usually fully stocked with exactly what i like to have, and hiding bodies is just the sensible way to avoid another player stumbling across a body that he could scavenge a weapon of and possibly end up behind me with

Actually a pistol would be better than an axe at close range. The M4 is STILL  a deadly close ranged weapon you do not want to get in range with it if you only have a melee weapon. If the persons not being to greedy they can still turn around and waste you if they are keeping an eye out.

Nothing wrong with a fighting withdrawal, in a game where a surprise attack or ambush can allow one person to kill a large group, I don't blame you.

You lived to fight another day and to keep your gear to help your mates when they respawn. No point dying for nothing. I don't fight unless I can get the drop on someone and I always have an exit strategy, it's not a TDM its all about survival.

• Like 6

Can't believe the amount of people who are saying he did the right thing, i am not sure what sqaud you or any of these others are rolling with but if one of us is killed let alone two of us we will try and finish the fight that the bandit started, not run away that is to me truly pathetic, flank them sure, but run away, no. Not only are you leaving to keep yourself geared but you are leaving your two 'friends' with absolutely no possibilty of recovering some of their gear or the bandits gear, If you or anyone else really thinks that is acceptible then good luck with your meagre ways, you are not worthy.

'It is better to live one day as a lion then a hundred years as a sheep'

'When cities burn and armies turn and flee in disarray cowards will cry: 'Tis best to fly and fight another day'. But True worriors know in their marrow, When they die and fall 'Tis better to have fought and lost than to have not fought at all'

I know which one i am.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

Good thinking...good reaction. Only an idiot stays to fight when ambushed.

See above.

• Like 4

Can't believe the amount of people who are saying he did the right thing, i am not sure what sqaud you or any of these others are rolling with but if one of us is killed let alone two of us we will try and finish the fight that the bandit started, not run away that is to me truly pathetic, flank them sure, but run away, no. Not only are you leaving to keep yourself geared but you are leaving your two 'friends' with absolutely no possibilty of recovering some of their gear or the bandits gear, If you or anyone else really thinks that is acceptible then good luck with your meagre ways, you are not worthy.

Well how many times have you actually won when the odds are against you in every aspect?

And its not about the gear its about survival.

• Like 5

Don't look down brit, your a long way up there on your high horse.

A tactical withdrawal will give you the chance to jump your enemy again after you regather yourself.

Going toe to toe would result on death, 2 friends killed, and unknown number of enemies with good

gear, and he sounds like a new player.

Withdraw yes, but don't disappear. Reassess the situation, return to action and regain the initiative when your enemies guard is down.

• Like 1

Actually a pistol would be better than an axe at close range. The M4 is STILL  a deadly close ranged weapon you do not want to get in range with it if you only have a melee weapon. If the persons not being to greedy they can still turn around and waste you if they are keeping an eye out.

your missing my point, op asked a question, reply flamed him as a pussy, when really using guns IS for pussies. real ninjahs use melee and now with crossbows and bows :D you can be true shadow ninjah. so to your point, using a pistol just makes you a more stupid pussy than using your main gun, as opposed to being a big balled bastard who takes on a adhd KOS kind of phag with craftable and hard to use weapons, just cos you can, cos unlike the gun toting phags YOUR A BOWWWWSSSSSSS

:P i really hope they balance the craftable and non bullet based weapons out to be the true ninjah warriors weapons of choice, i want to see the ability to craft long bows with ability to mod them to take scopes so you can snipe with a bow and no one knows what happened when they take an arrow to the knee from 500m, thats something you can brag about in forums, as opposed to finally i found an lrs and used it on a gun to kill someone.

your missing my point, op asked a question, reply flamed him as a pussy, when really using guns IS for pussies. real ninjahs use melee and now with crossbows and bows :D you can be true shadow ninjah. so to your point, using a pistol just makes you a more stupid pussy than using your main gun, as opposed to being a big balled bastard who takes on a adhd KOS kind of phag with craftable and hard to use weapons, just cos you can, cos unlike the gun toting phags YOUR A BOWWWWSSSSSSS

:P i really hope they balance the craftable and non bullet based weapons out to be the true ninjah warriors weapons of choice, i want to see the ability to craft long bows with ability to mod them to take scopes so you can snipe with a bow and no one knows what happened when they take an arrow to the knee from 500m, thats something you can brag about in forums, as opposed to finally i found an lrs and used it on a gun to kill someone.

Naw i got your point im just saying it can go south ether way lol.....

And allot of your top sentence didnt make a bit of sense lol.

Well how many times have you actually won when the odds are against you in every aspect?

And its not about the gear its about survival.

So many times i can not count on one hand, read the quotes i have added to that post, i would rather risk my gear to secure the gear of all my friends then to run away and know in the back of my head that i probably could have won that fight, just earlier one of our sqaud members took out about 6 people on his own, The other three of us died without firing a shot, anything is possible if you try.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

Naw i got your point im just saying it can go south ether way lol.....

And allot of your top sentence didnt make a bit of sense lol.

*pats you on the head* *strokes crossbow* there there, dont worry, soon it will all be over

Don't look down brit, your a long way up there on your high horse.

A tactical withdrawal will give you the chance to jump your enemy again after you regather yourself.

Going toe to toe would result on death, 2 friends killed, and unknown number of enemies with good

gear, and he sounds like a new player.

Withdraw yes, but don't disappear. Reassess the situation, return to action and regain the initiative when your enemies guard is down.

That is called a flank which if you had paid any attention to what i wrote you would know i said is fine, maybe it is hard to read what i am writing on your high horse, try again troll.

*pats you on the head* *strokes crossbow* there there, dont worry, soon it will all be over

Please dont be stroking things and naming them crossbows. Ok? Thank you..... >.>

I am sorry, explain your guess work ???

Bandit and me in the same sentence... Please explain ??

Nooby bandits like pew pew