DropBearChick

Top 5 things you want in DayZ

3. Ability to shave other players

Oh yeah, knock them out, shave their beard off and leave them. I so hope they implement this.

1. Vehicles 

2. Base Building

3. More Vehicles 

4. More Base Building

5. Scavenging/crafting/persistent world -  to complement Vehicles and Base Building 

Edited by captainvette2112

1) A more robust melee system. IRL, I can swing a weapon in a multitude of fashions, with different effects.

2) Weapon maintenance. A "decent" amount of time should be spent maintaining (cleaning, sharpening, etc) your weapons to avoid mishaps (jams, lowered damage, etc). If you don't want to spend the time, go ahead, but suffer from firearm jams, lowered damage, impaired accuracy, lowered melee damage, etc

3) The environment should be a threat. In a survival situation, 3 hours of exposure to the elements can fuck you up. I want hypothermia, heatstroke, etc. No more running about pantsless; I want clothing to count, and for you to have to change clothing when it gets wet.

4) Improved zombies. If they are going to be in the game, they should be effective. Either hordes of "weak" ones , or strong individuals, it doesn't matter. They shouldn't be able to run through buildings, or see/hear me from 500m away. Give them "human" senses.

5)Rebuilding of society. I want agriculture (somehow?) and industry to eventually overtake looting and run n' gun gameplay. Note, there can still be PvP! People would fight over arable land, animal herds, and industrial supplies instead of cans of beans and M4 rifles.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 2

2. An advanced diet and medical system including thongs

mankini anyone?

1- Proper engine response like any other fps (movement, jumping, switching, opening doors)

2- Animations synced like nowadays fps (funny to see how my hand flys over the gun when reloading, and the gun cocks itself like Im a Jedi xD)

3- Proper game feedback (open doors makes a sound, picking up item makes sound, opening backpack makes sound. Animations to pick item, open door, etc). I think ArmA series always had a lack of feedback to the player about what your character is doing.

4- More apocalyptical scenario: corpses, gore, debris, dirtiness everywhere (think of metro 2033 epic ambientation. Even Nether has better ambientation than Day Z)

5- Seasons (winter, summer...) with correspondent effects (snow everywhere, white chernarus *.*)

1. ACE sniping with proper moa/mrad elevation adjustments and a wind system.

2. Weapon "rebalanced" no more inaccurate dispersion, weapons should behave how they do in real life. 3 moa akms, 2 moa m4s, 4 moa mosins, 2.5 moa sks, 1 moa cz 550s , .5 moa m24 etc.

3. Incapacitation and knockdown mechanics - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/189882-incapacitation-kinectic-knockdown-discussion/

4. Complete in depth stamina system and reduced sprint and run speeds - More weight you have the slower you can travel and the shorter the distances.

5. Private hives -fix so many problems of the public hive.

• Like 1

"The Horde".

Meaning:

Huge groups of zombies that travel between places, searching for food. I am talking hundreds, the whole populations of the empty cities. They split into groups and then come visiting the place where players are, trapping some, chasing them away, etc. That would be awesome. 

• Like 2

• Graphic optimizations - Better crossfire support perhaps? From one 7950 to two in crossfire, I've experienced no noticeable performance gain.

Bug fixes - your character running past walls on others' screens able to be shot, glitchy zombies, desync/lag issues.

Bicycles - Should be common. I don't know how chernarous is, but where I live, almost every household has a bicycle in their garage.

Base building - Realistic base building. No impenetrable fortresses like the mod, but tents, some tarps with some bear traps around.

Realistic Hide Body function - You should not be able to bury a body with one click, should have to dig the hole, and even then, if somebody finds the ground looking like it was dug up, they should be able to dig up the body and get the gear. 

Ahahaha these are my favorites that everyone else posted:

1) "Tape your water bottle to your helmet."

2) "Nicer wallpapers."

3) "Cannibalism."

4) "I wanna cut players heads off with my axe and throw it at people or carry it around with me for good luck."

5) "Ability to shave other players."

I see to it that someone'll do all these in real life before it's implemented to DayZ.

1. Explosives. Grenades, mines, IED's and the elements to craft them

2. Pistol caliber carbines and other light SMGs (pistol and rifle uses same ammo and magazines)

3. Winter servers.

4. Zombies have loot (they weren't always zombies, especially the soldiers)

5. More maps!

And a bonus one: more crafting

5138300304_product_taco_tacito_xlarge.jp

ALL OF MY YES FOR CRAFTABLE MEXICAN FOODS! 83

Besides stuff they've confirmed like vehicles, barricading, camp building, storage, etc...

1)Really deep, complex health, injury and stamina mechanics. So it's not just "Dead/Unconscious", but a range of injuries that can be treated and nursed. Lengthy recovery times for injuries, and effects accordingly to your movement capability and nutritional intake (for illnesses). More detailed wound dressings that you have to maintain. Stuff like that. Make looking after your character's health your no.1 priority.

2) more realistic inventory system - separate pockets, rather than large, linked "slots" that we have now. Factor in weight and bulk and make it affect your dexterity and stamina, etc. So if you want to gunfight, you have go light to be more effective. Make it so you can't carry rifles or melee weapons on your back unless you have crafted a strap. More craftable bags, pouches, etc. in general.

3) better melee combat, so it's more static and not 2 guys sprinting circles round each other like some sort of fucked up game of tag. And fix the damage values so other weapons besides axes are actually useful (and fists aren't so stupidly powerful).

4) More plentiful and different types of radios, so you can make contact with randoms in your server more easily and at a much bigger range.

5) Padlocks and chains so you can secure doors (could be breakable with hacksaw or axe or whatever)

6) boobie-traps (combine with lockable doors, as above, to discourage people from nicking stuff you are trying to store!)

EDIT: sorry, you said "top 5"! er... 5 and 6 are the same item, so yeah, that's only 5, really.

Edited by Pillock

Oh, and I want spears. Literally probably the first purpose-made weapon devised by mankind, still used today in the form of the bayonet. Common to every culture throughout history, due to it's effectiveness, versatility, and cheapness. Multi-purpose, able to punch through a skull with little effort. Can be used for hunting, self-defense, and a walking staff. With a spear with a detachable head, you will always have a knife....

I love the humble spear. It, alongside the sling, doesn't get enough love.

No results, if you found results kindly post them here instead of whining

1. Improved zombies, e.g no wall glitching, less damage to items on your person, more of them, improved dynamic spawning, and hordes and all bugs fixed

How about we stop whining about bugs instead, it's an alpha.

Edited by VonHabdekeiten

a proper football stadium

an abandonned insane asylum or craddle on Skalista Island

a circus with zombie clowns

play schools

an amusement park

1. Ban all cheaters that can see through the walls or where ever you are and have infinite ammo in 1 clip, it's kinda killing gameplay for others.
2. More spawn points across the map, the whole game is focused on get to NEA look for gear, if not, jump on another freshly restarted server and get back to Berezino to die from cheaters.
3. Optimize cities, I kinda have major fps collapse there :( while other games I play on max settings.
4. Start implementing vehicles if you're unable to do #2.

5. Read #1.