miss_hellcat

For the GIRLS...

I have to ask can you PLEASE change the womens default undershirt?  The bright blue stripes need to go.. it looks like it was made for 12 year olds.  Can't we just have a plain white tank top or sports bra? or even a dirty beige, grey, or black something?  whats with the rainbow bright tshirt?  please fix :)   and ty!      P.S. any chance of getting some decent hair?  or even a bangs addition to the bun, so from the front you see bangs under a hat or something?  anything that looks just a bit more fem? options could be nice!

• Like 26

I have to ask can you PLEASE change the womens default undershirt?  The bright blue stripes need to go.. it looks like it was made for 12 year olds.  Can't we just have a plain white tank top or sports bra? or even a dirty beige, grey, or black something?  whats with the rainbow bright tshirt?  please fix :)   and ty!      P.S. any chance of getting some decent hair?  or even a bangs addition to the bun, so from the front you see bangs under a hat or something?  anything that looks just a bit more fem? options could be nice!

Count yourself lucky, I would do anything for spiderman / spongebob underwear :(

• Like 2

There are no straight up female clothing ether which i find odd. I agree with allot of this though.

• Like 3

Count yourself lucky, I would do anything for spiderman / spongebob underwear :(

The undies I like, they remind me of wonder woman lol.. but the shirt is just awful.. and you see that more on account of having to rip up my shirt for rags on occasion.. but everytime I rip up my tshirt for rags.. I cringe at what's underneath!

• Like 2

The undies I like, they remind me of wonder woman lol.. but the shirt is just awful.. and you see that more on account of having to rip up my shirt for rags on occasion.. but everytime I rip up my tshirt for rags.. I cringe at what's underneath!

I actually thought it was an American flag combo, Stars with the strips shirts, Now I think about it I find it funny the female models run around with stars on their butts and male characters have this plain grey boxers/shirt combo.

• Like 1

I actually thought it was an American flag combo, Stars with the strips shirts, Now I think about it I find it funny the female models run around with stars on their butts and male characters have this plain grey boxers/shirt combo.

Maybe its a hidden kink for one of the clothing artist. Who knows really? *Shrugs* xD

• Like 1

i didnt know dayz was a dressup simulator

plus dont you usually ditch your spawn clothes after like finding a coat 5 minutes later?

• Like 1

plus dont you usually ditch your spawn clothes after like finding a coat 5 minutes later?

but it is.

character customization through clothing/armor is one of the most popular features for many loot-centered games, and dayz among them.

• Like 6

ditch the spawn clothes yes, but the females are always wearing the bright blue stripes underneath.. and since a huge part of days is to "gear up" and most of that gear is clothing.. ya.. I'd say its a bit like dressup.  It wouldn't take much to change it to a grey tank top Im sure.

• Like 1

My guess (and it IS just a guess) would be that they wanted to avoid offending potential female players by having a tight undershirt or bra that REALLY accentuated the breasts, expecting that female players would be upset that the female characters had such a sexist and chauvinist look and feel to them, or that male players were running around on female characters in their underwear to show off their "goods", so they instead gave them a full shirt to give them some sense of modesty. I agree, though, that they could still achieve this while not making it look like every woman in the game raided their tween's clothes hamper before venturing forth into the unknown; a bra of some sort WOULD be more realistic, but, if they wanted to maintain the modesty aspect, like the OP said, just have a tank top or t-shirt like the male characters have. I actually kinda thought the same thing when I had my first female character. I suppose we should just be grateful they're not wearing thongs. :P

Also, while we're on the subject of odd clothing choices, is it just me, or does it seem like NOBODY wears socks in this game? I would think that shoes would deteriorate faster from being worn on bare feet all the time, especially if they changed hands (or feet  ^_^) so often.

Edited by Mancomb

"We just finished a basic police uniform inspired by some combination of Russian DPS and our local Mestská policie (affectionately known as the Hicks Unit for their enthusiasm with issuing tickets to our own Brian Hicks). We’re starting to play with OMON-inspired riot police uniforms but its a bit too early to show anything. We’re also working on a GORKA-E uniform in multiple patterns and we’re hoping to pick up the pace in this department as we welcome a new full-time character artist to the team.

For character art our talented artists have created a couple new player heads for more unique looking characters which we’ll add in soon.  As well, we’ve made a Soviet-style officer hat and the tracksuit!  Next up, we’ll look at police, EMT, and firefighters."

Even at this stage of Alpha it seems there is a a lot of emphasis on Character simulation / and dress up after all!

I think you will get a lot more for your female models near the release date, just don't expect too many feminine / girly things, remember the situation here, post-apocalypse, Infected Zombies, I expect women to be wearing combat gear with tied back hairs, and while we are at it give them the same underwear as the men, grey boxers and shirts for everyone!

988468_586809578082420_35638406744729098

Edited by blazed
  • Like 7

I think you will get a lot more for your female models near the release date, just don't expect too many feminine / girly things, remember the situation here, post-apocalypse, Infected Zombies, I expect women to be wearing combat gear with tied back hairs, and while we are at it give them the same underwear as the men, grey boxers and shirts for everyone!

Not everyone's vision of the apocalypse is the same.

I can honestly say that the moment I found a tutu in game, it would be worn. Regardless of gender or current equipment level.

• Like 2

I believe Rocket already addressed the star-spangled female underwear on reddit... he said it was something the artist did, and that they would be changing it to a standard white in the future.

• Like 1

I can honestly say that the moment I found a tutu in game, it would be worn. Regardless of gender or current equipment level.

Lol, ok in a video game that would be funny... if you did that in real life apocalypse... then... I don't... even... know...

• Like 1

Lol, ok in a video game that would be funny... if you did that in real life apocalypse... then... I don't... even... know...

You know it will happen.

• Like 9

I asked a couple devs on this and whether we would get femal clothing in the future.

The answer was: "..."

(I asked accolyte)

Better be careful, though; if it's pink, you'll be easier to spot when running through the woods, and some bandit might want to KoS you to get that sweet-ass tutu for themselves.

Better be careful, though; if it's pink, you'll be easier to spot when running through the woods, and some bandit might want to KoS you to get that sweet-ass tutu for themselves.

You're right, it might ruin my camo...

DayZ2014-04-0222-51-49-646_zps5e8dafc4.j

it should be a dress or nothing

Maybe an apron so she can stay back in the abandoned cabin you "claimed" and prepare the canned beans and rabbit you recently killed while you trek off to Berezino to cap n00bs with your Sporter .22? (Actually, I think that would be kind of funny to see; doming people with a Sporter .22, I mean.)

You're right, it might ruin my camo...

DayZ2014-04-0222-51-49-646_zps5e8dafc4.j

Hey, you'd blend in perfectly if you found a barn full of cheap Ronald McDonald statue knockoffs.

Hey, you'd blend in perfectly if you found a barn full of cheap Ronald McDonald statue knockoffs.

If only one of your group is heavily armed, dress them in bright colours and the rest in typical camo. The bright coloured distraction is never shot first.

• Like 1

If only one of your group is heavily armed, dress them in bright colours and the rest in typical camo. The bright coloured distraction is never shot first.

The Asians had no need for camo when going into battle. Many wore bright colored armor to show there fierceness in battle.

Suit%20of%20Armor.jpg

Armored_Samurai_with_Jin-Haori.jpg

Polish Armor

Poland_Hussar_Armor.jpg

h2_14.100.172.jpg

• Like 3

Also Mongolian armor

functional-mongol-armor-suit-4584.jpg

But it all has kind of a girlish appearance but still maintaining a certain toughness.