Sign in to follow this  
Naberius (DayZ)

This patch is littertly game breaking.

Jeezo, I go off grid for a few weeks and this sort of post (edit: the op) is still being made?  :rolleyes:

Why is it that people have such a difficulty in understanding that the game progression is neither sequential nor linear. For every two, three or four steps forward there will always be steps back. That is the nature of game development and certainly the nature of an alpha product.

Here is a very simple pseudo BASIC program structure for those struggling with the concept.

10 update20 play30 if (problem) goto 1040 enjoyment++50 goto 10

Spot how there is no whineLikeChild in there, nor postAngryMessageOnForum or makeMelodramaticAnnouncementToNeverPlayAgain?

Edited by ricp

I can understand bugs and errors (e.g. harder zombies), but what I cannot for the life of me understand is why the devs added "free-to-play" features like unnecessary timers!

Sorry I am really angry because I have already wasted 30 minutes of my time just trying to play this game.

Typically sequence of events:

Join a low ping server - realize it is hard core and quit.

Join a low ping non-hardcore server - realize it is night and quit (... because I cant seem to remember that the sun is set at 1700 - 5pm in Chenarus)

Join a low ping non-hardcore server during daylight hours - wait ten minutes - Get kick or a CTD because I ran out of memory by leaving Chrome open

Join a low ping non-hardcore server during daylight hours after closing Chrome - wait 10 minutes

Come on forms and rant.

ever thought about checking the mode and time of the server you're planning to connect to before connecting? that might eliminate some of your problems o_O

What I don't understand are the changes on the Zeds. Rocket said on reddit that there's no point in balancing the zombies since they are bugged as fuck right now. So why DID they touch their damage/HP model then in the first place last patch. That's contradictory to his own statement.

I personally hate the new model. Hits to the head are buggy since I get hit animation on the head and zeds aren't dropping down and the overall glitchiness is annoying. They should've left the zeds as they were before last patch/two patches till the introduce proper pathfinding/playerdetection/respawning.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by MoZed

I think what a lot of people are missing here is that people have paid for this product. As such they have the right to expect a certain standard to come from the game. They payed for an Alpha and thus should expect an Alpha and all it's problems till it goes into beta stage, if it ever reaches that point.

However people should be able to expect a certain standard from the developers even at an Alpha stage. They should expect as high quality updates as can be provided and quick fixes on issues which need fixing, such as those described by OP. If a bug cannot be fixed for whatever reason, the dev's should communicate as such in a clear manner, not leave people to figure it out for themselves.

I honestly cannot blame them for rarely posting here. Have you looked at the standard of the posts they'd come here to read? I'm sure that someone would have been more than happy to post to let us know something's being worked on if the majority of the threads weren't either completely useless complaints filled with self-entitlement or filled with posts accusing OP of self-entitlement. Let's look at bug reports (The main thing the devs would be looking for on the forums);

On one hand we have people who make completely useless bug reports.

"Zombie walked through a wall again. Use some of the money you stole from us to fix it now."

^^^ this is about 40% of the posts I see pertaining to a particular issue. There is NO way to benefit from that knowledge; there are probably dozens of posts about the problem which aren't written by a gigantic asshole. They're just going to attract people who just post memes as responses and mock the OP until the thread is locked for being literally useless.

Now if that was the only issue we'd have no problem, we could lock those threads and give warnings to repeat offenders. But of course that isn't all. When people finally post a serious, helpful post, let's say;

"I was at X location when suddenly X happened. Before this I was doing X, and now I have X problem. Here are the items I had with me when it happened."

That is the sort of post this forum should be filled with at this point as to provide the devs with that information to actually make those patches. But they're still populated with either people dismissing it as "it's alpha" and "Stop whining" or people mocking those posters with "BUT ALPHER THOUGH LOL" which is equally as useless in the grand scheme of things and ultimately the thread crashes and burns (You'd probably notice the same people complain about the lack of mods doing their job, and then once the mods do their job and clean up their stupid posts they complain that mods are nazis or something).

And you know that sort of attention would be turned onto the devs in a heartbeat if one of them bothered to post here. There are plenty of other community sites they could post to. I don't see why they'd spend the time to post here instead of elsewhere.

If we want the devs to actually see more use in the forum as a means of communication then I believe we'd all need to get our collective shit together. Don't discourage helpful posts by insulting the OP. Stop populating useless threads just to post your maymays and boost your post count (And by "your" I am not specifically referring to you Lumeria but just the community in general). But obviously that isn't going to happen since it's easier to just type "alpher" and then link a picard facepalm/scumbag steve/whatever or something, and thus the community will keep on choking itself. I honestly feel sorry for whatever devs attempt to wade through it.

They are also doing a pretty terrible jobs with these patches. Either they are broken, which can be expected in an Alpha, and take a while to fix or introduce pointless features at this stage, such as the timer when joining servers.

This is also another issue; you don't like something, but you haven't posted to give your input on it (Again not specifically referring to you Lumeria because you may very well have provided input somewhere, but the community as a whole). The idea that "X feature is terrible" just becomes something people randomly complain about because it's bad or randomly draw their own incorrect conclusions on and hurl them around as fact (such as "There is a join timer, therefore the only logical solution is HOLY SHIT DAYZ IS GOING FREEMIUM 100% CONFIRMED GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES"), but never bothered to constructively tell us why it's bad, since that would mean they have nothing to feel self-entitled about.

And I almost don't blame them for not posting it because they'd have to deal with all of the shit I described above about "lol cry me a river it's alpher" or "this has been posted before (dogeface.png)".

Honestly, the dev's are doing a pretty terrible job at communicating. I should not be forced to go to 5 different websites to discover what Rocket or another dev has said, it should all be in one place, what is easily accessible by anyone.

We have a DevTracker that will let you view every single post they make on whatever website they're linked to, and redirect you if you wish to read more. It's all in one place, the entire post is located on the forum and you can clearly see which dev posted it, and it's hardly a bother to open up a new tab if you want the full context.

Edited by Rage VG

We have a DevTracker that will let you view every single post they make on whatever website they're linked to, and redirect you if you wish to read more. It's all in one place, the entire post is located on the forum and you can clearly see which dev posted it, and it's hardly a bother to open up a new tab if you want the full context.

This is imho the biggest problem in dev -> community communication. I think the dev-tracker is slow, clunky (because if you want to get som context you need to klick through like 3-5 pages of x different sites in some cases) and there is so much unrelated stuff going on. Rocket stated that he/the dev-team doesn't want a community-manager because he wants to fit this position. I mean, i'd be fine if he does... but lets look back, how much "important" informations did he gave us in the last 4 weeks? 

Edit : I know, that sounds whiny... but i am getting pretty much frustrated on the Dayz-SA. :(

Edited by HardstylerSL

This is imho the biggest problem in dev -> community communication. I think the dev-tracker is slow, clunky (because if you want to get som context you need to klick through like 3-5 pages of x different sites in some cases) and there is so much unrelated stuff going on. Rocket stated that he/the dev-team doesn't want a community-manager because he wants to fit this position. I mean, i'd be fine if he does... but lets look back, how much "important" informations did he gave us in the last 4 weeks? 

Edit : I know, that sounds whiny... but i am getting pretty much frustrated on the Dayz-SA. :(

I've had no problem with the devtracker, personally. If it's a reddit post then it typically shows you the post he was replying to as well as all posts replying to his post.

My only complaint is that it links EVERYTHING they post and not just DayZ related posts, but that's understandable.

Edited by Rage VG

Edit: BEFORE READING PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WE'RE THE ONLY TWO ON THE SERVER.

Since this patch I'm getting far more de-sync issues. I've gotten my fair share in the past and 90% of my deaths come from red disconnect (100,000 de-sync) while in a gun fight. 

But recently, I've died 3 times in 2 day from what can only be called lag death. It's where my character is in a non-dangerous place just sorting out some inventory / drinking from a well in the middle of no-where and suddenly it comes up on my screen. You Are Dead.

When one of my friends went to where my body should of been (less than a minute away) it had already instantly disappeared. After I respawned I was running towards my friends location in the middle of no-where again, no threat and the server restarted. When I logged back in I was on the beach, fresh spawn.

Later that night when I kitted up again I was in a fire station with just my friend on the server, and I got the You Are Dead (no warning) and I was found by my friend upside down head first down the stairs even though for the last minute I had been sorting my bullets.

--

They are just some examples of the network issues I'm facing, if anyone can recommend a solution I'd be greatful, otherwise it's hard to Alpha test this game with the same problem every time I do anything! 

Edited by Michonne

Theres a very very very good reason for the timer, did you read this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23tzhy/just_spent_a_few_hours_on_stable_here_are_my/ch0rhzj

In other words, the foundation of this game is such a piece of crap they have to implement 10 minute wait timers for people to log onto a different server.  I mean in what world does this make someone look at the game and think, "well it sure sounds like they are in a good place technically, we're sure that this game is swiftly going to move forward into the year 2000 with the rest of the internet gaming world."  I mean this stuff is just laughable.  30 million in their pocket and it's, "oh our technology is from 20 years ago and basically explodes when people actually use it."  Suckers.

Edited by BonnyBrown

and to add insult to injury...the forums just got trolled by spam ads...oh boy! :(

titanic....

Edited by TheDoctorInDayz

OH FOR F**KS SAKE

Literally 4 pages of threads to come across a non-spam thread.

Edited by Whyherro123

As to how to deal with the current buggy build of SA in 4 steps:

Step 1: Open steam

Step 2: Right click dayZ > Delete Local Content

Step 3: Launch DayZ commander and play mod till this is fixed- if it is ever fixed.

step 4: enjoy playing dayZ that works. :)

In other words, the foundation of this game is such a piece of crap they have to implement 10 minute wait timers for people to log onto a different server.  I mean in what world does this make someone look at the game and think, "well it sure sounds like they are in a good place technically, we're sure that this game is swiftly going to move forward into the year 2000 with the rest of the internet gaming world."  I mean this stuff is just laughable.  30 million in their pocket and it's, "oh our technology is from 20 years ago and basically explodes when people actually use it."  Suckers.

Theres no need to be a sarcastic asshole like that tbh.

They are working on it and have been working on it from the beginning, what more can you demand?

Its not like we are being lied to, they are honest about it and admit it needs work, but in order to remove the timer they need to upgrade other parts of the engine first.

Again, early acces, dont buy it to play it yet, its an alpha....

Rome wasnt build in a day, have some patience or find something else to do, if this game isnt for you, but theres no reason to act like you are doing there.