dmagnusv@yahoo.ca

I find the zombies have been buffed considerably.

The zombies seem a little bit more buffed today.  They saw me from a long ways away and closed the distance in less than 5 seconds.  Is this intentional with the new patch?

I don't think so, I have also noticed that they take 5 to 7 bashes from a prestine axe before going down...I think this is a mistake.

• Like 2

The zombies seem a little bit more buffed today.  They saw me from a long ways away and closed the distance in less than 5 seconds.  Is this intentional with the new patch?

Nothing wrong that they can look far. (at least with as few zombies in the game)

I don't think so, I have also noticed that they take 5 to 7 bashes from a prestine axe before going down...I think this is a mistake.

Wrong, aim the head.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

We will all die!

I've found it takes many chops with a fire axe to take them down...head or not.

Edited by hawk20011
  • Like 1

Been mentioned in the patchnotes, not intentional and they're aware of it.  It's part of the tweaking process, in this case either zombies got buffed or weapons got nerfed slightly as they tried to fine tune them.

• Like 2

I love how some people are complaining about zombies killing them in a zombie survival game.

It's got to be the ultimate ironic complaint yet.

Adapt or die!

• Like 4

I was crawling around town because of the zombie update, and i shit you not, i aggro'd them from at least 100m while CRAWLING

• Like 2

I love how some people are complaining about zombies killing them in a zombie survival game.

It's got to be the ultimate ironic complaint yet.

Adapt or die!

I have no issues with zombies attacking me, it was more the closing the 150 meter distance in less than 5 seconds that I found a little crazy...  Ok maybe a lot crazy.  ;)

Nothing wrong that they can look far. (at least with as few zombies in the game)

It wasn't the distance to which they saw me. It was more the speed to which they closed the distance.

Sneaking through a Zed horde, without being noticed, will definitely return :)

Can't wait.

There is no point in us balancing the zombies as nearly everything about them is placeholder, specifically:

• New AI pathfinding due, first iteration starts being tested in next few weeks

• New Zombie Behavior, allowing much more emphasis on player stealth

• New collision system for AI objects

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23y4ko/so_many_people_complaining_about_zombies/

Edited by NotSoFriendly
  • Like 1

Yep the great thing about the mod was you could predict the zombie detection behaviour, and sneak around them by not making noise, and crawling etc. They have stripped all of this from the standalone for performance reasons after supposedly making zombies server side (there have been times a zombie attacked me while my friend couldn't see it, so I was just hitting the air on his screen - this seems a bit client side right...). It seems they have been saying they have been making everything server side and it will make everything so much better, but right now there are more bugs because of it than in the mod - but maybe they will prove me wrong eventually. On the subject of client/server side issues - the day/night cycle is client side, meaning it can turn dark for some people yet be light for others - a major gamebreaking bug, and yet they are busy experimenting with day/night cycle speed! Seriously I didn't mean to turn this into a rant, so back on track.. yeah I can't wait for them to add better zombie AI and pathing (e.g. not running through walls).

• Like 1

I have no issues with zombies attacking me, it was more the closing the 150 meter distance in less than 5 seconds that I found a little crazy...  Ok maybe a lot crazy.  ;)

When I read the thread title I thought your video was about the present durability of zombies against melee weapons. As far as I am aware, under the right conditions they have always been able to spot players on 150 m or more.

Of course when they get a proper AI this will all be fixed, but I don't think this is any change from previous patches.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't mean you, zombies are pretty fast now :p

I meant the people that complain about dying to them in non-glitch circumstances.

• Like 1

Wrong, aim the head.

Wrong, read the changelog.

Found here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187821-changelog-stable-branch-044123800/

Known Issues:

• Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

"Known Issues" means its a bug and not intentional.

• Like 1

Wrong, read the changelog.

Found here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187821-changelog-stable-branch-044123800/

Known Issues:

• Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

"Known Issues" means its a bug and not intentional.

Anything written about their Bionic legs?  lol

Issn't it known to every Zombi afficionado, that "You have to aim for the Head!"?  What was Romero doing all the time? :)

• Like 1

Issn't it known to every Zombi afficionado, that "You have to aim for the Head!"?  What was Romero doing all the time? :)

That would be his version.  Same as the many different versions of vampires out there.

aiming for the head is hard for me.. 1st person i only use for shooting and looting, 3rd person is meleeing and fleeing.

• Like 1

aiming for the head is hard for me.. 1st person i only use for shooting and looting, 3rd person is meleeing and fleeing.

I used to play the same. I now prefer 1st person over 3rd person.. even on regular servers.

Play on hardcore servers for the next week, you will understand :)

• Like 1

I hear ya. I am the same way.

I used to play the same. I now prefer 1st person over 3rd person.. even on regular servers.

Play on hardcore servers for the next week, you will understand :)

I do play when I can but my one friend can't play in first person because he gets dizzy.  lol

I hear ya. I am the same way.

I do play when I can but my one friend can't play in first person because he gets dizzy.  lol

He needs to turn head bob to 0. menu > configure > gameplay > move slider to the left.

• Like 1

He needs to turn head bob to 0. menu > configure > gameplay > move slider to the left.

We have tried that, he gets dizzy playing chivalry and many other FPS sort of games.