G.Freeman

500 second wait timer? Rant @ devs

No, you are a combat logger/server hopper trying to justify it anyway you can. Am I understanding that or are most of your other posts in this thread a figment of my imagination?

This game is definitely not for you. Move along son...

You are a tool, actually the game is not for you, or any other multiplayer game where you think you can dictate someones game play style.

Like i said Tool, Troll, Sussed out and utterly garbage posts, you serve no purpose, nice try buddy.

Might I add that you being a server admin is no suprise with your dictatorial issues. I bet you get off on this stuff, with an admin like you that server deserves the shitlist.

Many ppl don't like KOSers - comes with the game.

Many ppl don't like Campers - comes with the game.

Many ppl don't like server hoppers - comes with the game.

Many people don't kids shouting on mics - comes with the game.

Many people don't like getting shot in the leg and bandaged - comes with the game.

Many people don't like aggressive bandits - comes with the game.

Many people don't like wall view glitch - comes with the game.

Only thing that dictates how game mechanics works is BIS, not you, get it into your narrow mind.

Edited by blazed

Guess I'm just lucky.

Yes you are. That being said I don't think it's the sever hoppers who complain about the timer. If that is your mindset it's still easier to sever hop than run between airfields. People complain because the game is still unstable and the severs aren't policed very well. So when they get unjustly kicked or they lose a session or the connection is not as good as the server selection screen indicated or the server time is not accurate etc it's beyond frustrating to have to wait eight minutes to get back in the game. It just has never made sense to me to add a timer like that knowing all the issues the game still has. They should wait until later when most of these issues are fixed. 

Honestly that is one of the few complaints I have about the development so far. That and for some reason they've had a real knack lately for breaking the game on Friday afternoon so it can't be fixed till Monday.  :P

Edited by paisius77
  • Like 1

Only thing that dictates how game mechanics works is BIS, not you, get it into your narrow mind.

That is the most awesome part! Who do you think set up the timer?  But in all seriousness when your defending glitching and server hopping your going to have a uphill battle getting anyone to take you seriously. Try to step off the insults, and stick to facts to win your argument otherwise your just going to spin your wheels.  

Stop server hopping. Problem solved.

I have actually been getting them after server restarts. :/ Of course I'm not angry about it like the OP but it is something that needs to be expanded on and made more robust.

Edited by Hells High

That is the most awesome part! Who do you think set up the timer?  But in all seriousness when your defending glitching and server hopping your going to have a uphill battle getting anyone to take you seriously. Try to step off the insults, and stick to facts to win your argument otherwise your just going to spin your wheels.  

I know very well who added the time, you dont need to point it out, they also did it more for technical issues rather than server hopping.

I have no problem with server hopers and wall glitchers, sorry but the game openly allows it and everyone can do it, it's fair game. I won't shout and rage over things that just part of the game at it's current stage. I'm not going to hold it on anyone's account if they prefer to get geared up easily by spawning in airfields to loot up, I blame the developer for putting all those items in one place and giving them reason to do it.

I've given plenty of ideas on the issues and suggestions on how to fix it.

The rest of you can carry on raging because you missed a kill! I hope it happens more often, the rage is worth it.

Edited by blazed

I know very well who added the time, you dont need to point it out, they also did it more for technical issues rather than server hopping.

I have no problem with server hopers and wall glitchers, sorry but the game openly allows it and everyone can do it, it's fair game. I won't shout and rage over things that just part of the game at it's current stage. I'm not going to hold it on anyone's account if they prefer to get geared up easily by spawning in airfields to loot up, I blame the delevloper for putting all those items in one place and giving them reason to do it.

I've given plenty of ideas on the issues and suggestions on how to fix it.

Well good luck. I don't think I'm drunk enough to understand. 

Well good luck. I don't think I'm drunk enough to understand. 

Np, not everyone can comprehend it, bye.

It's a statue of Caligula with a Mama Cass wig on it. It's a well known bust, Art Insurance Executives with black suits and shades have been looking for it for ages. They have a thing to make you forget you have seen them.

Look here http://goo.gl/rtqFEG now go get a nice slice of pie.

• Like 2

Its more of a your argument is pants on head retarded coupled with a communication style that is dependent on poor debate skills. Your changing complaints frequently, invalidating your own points from one post to another, sprinkling insults for flavor, and generally just making an ass of yourself. 

Oh hell, I think been trolled.

I didn't even cook the rice, I ate the whole bag because that's what my character does in DayZ.

Immersion at its finest. ;)

• Like 1

Yes you are. That being said I don't think it's the sever hoppers who complain about the timer. If that is your mindset it's still easier to sever hop than run between airfields. People complain because the game is still unstable and the severs aren't policed very well. So when they get unjustly kicked or they lose a session or the connection is not as good as the server selection screen indicated or the server time is not accurate etc it's beyond frustrating to have to wait eight minutes to get back in the game. It just has never made sense to me to add a timer like that knowing all the issues the game still has. They should wait until later when most of these issues are fixed. 

Honestly that is one of the few complaints I have about the development so far. That and for some reason they've had a real knack lately for breaking the game on Friday afternoon so it can't be fixed till Monday.  :P

I didn't say all who complain are doing the wrong thing but it's the ones who are doing the wrong thing is why the timer is in place, among other reasons. ;)

Is it perfect? No. Is it being worked on to alleviate the issues that it's causing with people who have a genuine problem? Yes.  

It supposed to not go into effect if you join the same server as far as I have heard but from what I'm seeing that isn't working properly. I have also heard something about being on a server for 30 minutes negates the timer going to another server. I must test this myself at some point to see if it's the case.

What it comes down to is a majority doing the wrong thing and the minority copping the the flack, such is life. We can only wait for them to fix the genuine issues some are having but as a whole I don't think the timers are going away any time soon.

Its more of a your argument is pants on head retarded coupled with a communication style that is dependent on poor debate skills. Your changing complaints frequently, invalidating your own points from one post to another, sprinkling insults for flavor, and generally just making an ass of yourself. 

Oh hell, I think been trolled.

Stop pulling things out of your ass and tell me which of my post contradict each other, not everything is Black & White. Yet another ****crap post that has rage in it. lol.

The only thing this timer helps with is Ghosting. That is it. 

/thread, argument, bickering, name calling, etc.

• Like 1

What on earth are you talking about guy? Explain...

Edited by blazed

Oh you two... 

cute-little-karate-fight.gif

JUST STOP.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Oh you two... 

cute-little-karate-fight.gif

Haha I agree ;)

I was just posting general posts and making some contribution towards the thread and these guys started picking on me...

So yeah they started it!

Btw I'm the blue one I kicked his ass.

Edited by blazed

I was just posting general posts and making some contribution towards the thread and these guys started picking on me...

So yeah they started it!

*munch*munch*munch*  

indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

• Like 2

*munch*munch*munch*  

indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

"Irish, don't worry, everything going to be alright"

2431864_3.jpg

Beans for the solution.

If they fix this so you do not get a timer if you rejoin the same server would you be ok with this ?

The timer should absolutely stay if you join a new server, but if you join the same server it should be gone.

How do you know the last server you were on...?

How do you know the last server you were on...?

You click play and it makes you join your previous server.

• Like 2

Stop server hopping. Problem solved.

Nope problem not solved.... got often kicked by admins, so i had penalty time..... 500 seconds is just sutpid. server hopping got solved with item respawn not with sutpid time penalties.

Stop joining random empty servers because you're too fucking lazy to look for loot, it's as bad as server hopping and now you're getting shat on for it, too fucking bad.

All the potatoes who go "BUT I CAN'T FIND LOOT ON FULL SERVERS" - it's because you have the problem solving skills of a recently lobotomized prawn, try looting places that aren't entirely as obvious as "the big city I just spawned in and everybody goes to". 

Also, join the same server, I get a 30 second timer if I disconnect and immediately reconnect to the same server. Try finding some popular ones that are well maintained, and adding them to favorites, or just remembering what server you're joining. The spawn timer really only has issues if you're changing server, so start making a list of regulars and keep using them. 

Edited by Capo

"Irish, don't worry, everything going to be alright"

2431864_3.jpg

Hey - this guy put tape on his Kalashnikov ! So why can't I do that?

Hey, where's my Kalashnikov ?

(this IS on topic right, guys? we ARE talking about the 500 second timer right? Anyone seen my Kalashnikov?)

I just have nothing else to do while I wait to get BACK in the game AGAIN, AGAIN..

can maybe someone LEND me a Kalashnikov ? Trade ?

Looks more like 600 seconds to me. If you watch carefully you sometimes see there are little pauses between one second and the next - that are LONGER than 1 second.

[also can I have "the problem solving skills of a recently lobotomized prawn" too, please - I think I'd like that]

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1