Devon206 (DayZ)

Sensitivity Broken for Anyone Else?

My sensitivity is higher than usual, which is weird because it is at it's lowest and seems like it is at its highest, I have all my settings the same as before restart, anyone know how to fix this?

It was tested on experimental and now has made it to the stable branch. The mouse acceleration has been changed. I have no issue with it since I have integrated sensitivity control on my mouse and I switched settings so I dunno how would could "fix" it if you already tried changing the in-game sensitivity. :(

I am really not liking this 1:1 mouse movement.  Now it feels very arcadey  and twitch like.  

• Like 1

Make sure you lower the sensitiviy of the y axis along with the x axis .

mine felt really sensitive so lowered it alot, didnt help much

and wow that video shows it all, soon people will be doing 180 no scopes, they definitely need to limit that

does the player spin just as quick? or is it more like in some games where you see the character partially turned by the time they've shot you?

Came here to post this. While acceleration seems to be gone, it's now entirely too sensitive. One swipe of my QcK mousepad will perform multiple 360's in game.

In-game X and Y sensitivity is turned all the way down. Optical mouse DPI is set at 1800 and Windows sensitivity is at about 3. These settings are certainly not abnormal, and if anything they're low.

I'd rather have the old mouse-look back. I'll check back for hopefully a fix.

yeah needs tweaked, still way too fast turned off completely..

I am really not liking this 1:1 mouse movement.  Now it feels very arcadey  and twitch like.  

Oh man I was afraid of this.....*heart sinking*

Hope they have a lot of additions planned to make it more realistic.

It is too sensitive for me anyway, When I set the settings down a bit for sensitivity it resets to the middle when I close out of the menus but it is playable...

Ive got my DPI at 6400 and am loving this insane response in my mouse. I am used to fine, small movements so this is great for me.. now when needed I can spin a 1080 by moving just a fraction of an 1/8 of an inch.  :|

no but really.. it is too much, I agree.

Though I do sort of like it.. it just needs to be turned down a tad bit. Like 1-2 notches. thats all.

Its great outside but daaaam hard to move inside buildings....but I will say..its an improvement to what we had.

Yes I hope they implement the previous system where there was no real control when looking or aiming, where the speed of turning seemed to be based on some random number generator, and where turning your mouse faster meant you spin around slower.

I hate it at the moment where it works and the only things they need to tweak are sensitivity and spin movement in prone.

I didn't notice any increase in sensitivity, but then again for Dayz I set my mouse to 500dpi. I never changed the in game settings.

The game was unplayable after the last update until I lowered my X & Y sensitivity all the way down.

and what is the DPI on your mouse? I'd bet it is high. If that is the case...configure better. I have had no problems adjusting my in and out of game settings in order to get back to basically the same sensitivity I had pre patch. The only difference after properly configuring is the change in mouse acceleration and what seems to me to be a generally increased response time. 

Edited by Fuerii

Yep, the 1:1 thing is way to fast. Even if you put the sensitivity on both X and Y all the way down, it is as if there is some default sensitivity in the game so the configuration doesn't even do anything. It's so fast and twichy you can do multiple 360s in a swipe of your mouse. Doesn't feel good at all and isn't realistic. Even when you aim down the sights, you have to really concentrate on those far shots with things like ACOGs and PUs because it's so fast.

It is too sensitive for me anyway, When I set the settings down a bit for sensitivity it resets to the middle when I close out of the menus but it is playable...

I'm having the same issue... I can adjust mouse settings all day long, but as soon as the window is closed, if I open it back up everything is reset and I'm not noticing any sort of difference no matter what I do.

It's not fun when barely moving the mouse makes it seem like an earthquake is happening.

• Like 1

adjust your mouse sensitivity through windows, or mouse drivers. come on people. this is just the first iteration of new code to handle mouse events, bare with them for now.

set a new sens in your player config file (my docs/ day z/ yourname)

Just set them really low 1.10 works for me on x and y

Really glad they fixed mouse acceleration at last