JimmyGate

Alright, I am finally concerned about the standalone

I have ignored many people in the past telling me that, "DayZ will never even release," or how "buggy DayZ will always be".  I can't help but be concerned now with the progression of the StandAlone.  It just seems like the "core" of the game is broken.  By that I mean, every time 10 bugs are fixed, 20 more are created.  Then those bugs are fixed and 30 more are created. 

I have been part of a software development project that had this same problem.  10 years later the software is still buggy and constantly has issues.  If the game had not been released to the public, one can not help but wonder if they would scratch the current software/system in place and rebuild it with the new and much larger team. 

I wouldn't at all be shocked if one day DayZ standalone is rushed out the door with tons of bugs and incomplete.  Can you imagine the issues once loot respawn is in place?  Like I said, the core of the game seems broken and in the developers minds it is too late to go back, they have to push forward. 

We'll have to see how Bohemia responds with H1Z1 coming out soon. 

• Like 20

I LOL'd so hard I spit spaghetti out my nose. 

• Like 23

I already made my peace with the fact that DayZ will always have its fair share of glitches. I knew it from the beginning. The reason I bought it anyway was the sheer fun I had with the glitchy mod full of hackers. There were so many flaws in the mod, yet it was so addicting. I'm willing to bet that SA will someday achieve the same and be a release-worthy game.

Edited by The End.
  • Like 5

I don't see how the fundamentals of the game are 'broken'. I can play the game just fine with no lag and minimal rubberbanding. That's more than I can say for BF4, for example. And yes, I'm comparing a 'complete' game to an alpha...but Dayz doesn't have nearly as many bugs/broken aspects as BF4 (and its a RELEASED game).

• Like 8

10 bugs are fixed, 20 more are created.  Then those bugs are fixed and 30 more are created. 

thats how alphas work they add more content to the game that creates more bugs, usually those are ignored completely until the end when they do nothing but bug fixing.

If anything the dev process is slow because they have to cater to people like you who expect a bug free game in the alpha.

• Like 15

I have ignored many people in the past telling me that, "DayZ will never even release," or how "buggy DayZ will always be".  I can't help but be concerned now with the progression of the StandAlone.  It just seems like the "core" of the game is broken.  By that I mean, every time 10 bugs are fixed, 20 more are created.  Then those bugs are fixed and 30 more are created. 

I have been part of a software development project that had this same problem.  10 years later the software is still buggy and constantly has issues.  If the game had not been released to the public, one can not help but wonder if they would scratch the current software/system in place and rebuild it with the new and much larger team. 

I wouldn't at all be shocked if one day DayZ standalone is rushed out the door with tons of bugs and incomplete.  Can you imagine the issues once loot respawn is in place?  Like I said, the core of the game seems broken and in the developers minds it is too late to go back, they have to push forward. 

Before you post such stuff you should search for the facts, one of them is - the core of the game is being worked on. And yeah what do you expect of an Alpha version of the game? Even rocket himself told you not to buy this game yet, to wait for the beta at least. 

• Like 3

I don't see how the fundamentals of the game are 'broken'. I can play the game just fine with no lag and minimal rubberbanding. That's more than I can say for BF4, for example. And yes, I'm comparing a 'complete' game to an alpha...but Dayz doesn't have nearly as many bugs/broken aspects as BF4 (and its a RELEASED game).

You can't be serious. BF4 is actually pretty stable right now, and has been. Minus the few "core" things like tickrate. Sure they break one or two things with updates, but nothing like the list in this forum from this patch.

DayZ is becoming much more like BF4 at release than being better than the current state BF4.

• Like 2

This game could defo suck when its finished i agree .. hoping it wont tho !

You're seeing right now how they're responding. H1Z1 is out in what, 4 weeks?  And now you have rushed, broken patches.

I LOL'd so hard I spit spaghetti out my nose. 

Exactly.  I didn't know people actually take SOE seriously anymore.

• Like 1

You can't be serious. BF4 is actually pretty stable right now, and has been. Minus the few "core" things like tickrate. Sure they break one or two things with updates, but nothing like the list in this forum from this patch.

DayZ is becoming much more like BF4 at release than being better than the current state BF4.

So, Let's play a little game.

It's called Comparing a game that was sold to us as a finished product, that took them MONTHS to fix. Vs a game that was sold to us in an ALPHA state, which we were told NOT to buy unless we want to CONTRIBUTE to development.

Who wins?

• Like 3

You're seeing right now how they're responding. H1Z1 is out in what, 4 weeks?  And now you have rushed, broken patches.

This patch was amazing on EXP. Just because it has glitches like any other alpha patch will.. doesn't make what it did accomplish any less great. Alpha patches break alpha games, you fix these problems in beta. Once all are fixed you release your game. Maybe it's time to do some reading? Also, H1Z1 looks like shit.

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

You kids have fun playing h1z1 with a name above your head.

Will be so much fun when people can see you from 1 mile away. And vehicles that top out at 25 mph

• Like 2

So, Let's play a little game.

It's called Comparing a game that was sold to us as a finished product, that took them MONTHS to fix. Vs a game that was sold to us in an ALPHA state, which we were told NOT to buy unless we want to CONTRIBUTE to development.

Who wins?

Hey I'm not the one who started the comparison, I'm just calling bullshit on his comment. Use your "It's ALPHA" propaganda on him.

Hey I'm not the one who started the comparison, I'm just calling bullshit on his comment. Use your "It's ALPHA" propaganda on him.

It's not propaganda when its a god damn fact child.

• Like 6

It's not propaganda when its a god damn fact child.

Basically sums it up..

Fo' Shizzle Batman.

I'm sure BI will respond by allowing players to equip their credit cards and purchase supply airdrops.

• Like 2

I have been pc gaming for about 25 years and I don't think I ever played a game that didn't have bugs, good or bad I simply got used to this fact and unless it is really game breaking in a major way I can live with it if the game itself is good.

You kids have fun playing h1z1 with a name above your head.

Will be so much fun when people can see you from 1 mile away. And vehicles that top out at 25 mph

How is vehicle speed and view distance things that affect fun ?

Isn't a huge view distance a great thing ?

By that I mean, every time 10 bugs are fixed, 20 more are created.  Then those bugs are fixed and 30 more are created. 

And I fail to see how the core game is broken. Sure an average of 20k + players on at all time must love playing a game with the core broken. Have a little faith, you bought an early alpha, close the game and wait til full release if you are that annoyed, you bought it now anyway. As far as I can see we are getting regular updates, bugs are being addressed and new content pushed all the time.

• Like 2

How is vehicle speed and view distance things that affect fun ?

Isn't a huge view distance a great thing ?

No.

Having a name over your head means you cant hide. reduces immersion.

And slow vehicles also reduces immersion and jsut doesn't make sense

• Like 1

No.

Having a name over your head means you cant hide. reduces immersion.

And slow vehicles also reduces immersion and jsut doesn't make sense

you should have said that.

The way you worded it simply felt like you meant h1z1 had a long view distance.

Also jeep wranglers arent exactly the fastest vehicles in the world.

My old 2001 struggled to go past 70. Yes im not exaggerating.

Edited by gibonez

I've been playing dayz since the first 2 weeks the mod was released, and I have been playing arma 2 probably even before rocket. 

I know what can and can't be done with this engine. As much as the inventory system is amazing, it fits the boundaries of this engine. I know, almost for fact that the zombie animation will never be good, that movement will never be fluid, that hackers will never be blocked.

Just look at the "finished" melee system. It is disgusting,

I knew this before I bought dayz, and my expectations were rock bottom so I wasn't that disappointed. I will still follow the progress of the game, because I have seen it grow from the very start. 

• Like 3

you should have said that.

The way you worded it simply felt like you meant h1z1 had a long view distance.

Also jeep wranglers arent exactly the fastest vehicles in the world.

My old 2001 struggled to go past 70. Yes im not exaggerating.

60-70 > 30mph look how slow the vehicles go in the game lol its like having hte 40% mount in wow