Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

I'm all for incredibly intricate and realistic diseases and medical systems, but getting infected by poo does not sound very appealing. Sure, it's a "survival simulator" but having to take a dump has no real use except for spreading disease which can be done by other means like random coughing and sneezing. If they legitimately add shitting, I'm uninstalling and H1Z1 here I come.

Edited by Plexico

I'm all for incredibly intricate and realistic diseases and medical systems, but getting infected by poo does not sound very appealing. Sure, it's a "survival simulator" but having to take a dump has no real use except for spreading disease which can be done by other means like random coughing and sneezing. If they legitimately add shitting, I'm uninstalling and H1Z1 here I come.

See you at release!

he's got a good balance, that pooping guy. If I poop in the woods, I go near a tree so that I can keep my balance better. Just in case. You don't want to fall on your ass in the middle of the process. Hey, there could be a balancing mini-game, where you have to control your balance and if you fall on your own shit, you hear a sad trombone -sound. You should also pick large leaves so that you can wipe your butt, or if you don't have any you would just have claw it clean with your hand.

• Like 1

No one is comparing it. 

READING COMPREHENSION

You don't have it.

If we are going to make the game so realistic that we can shit on each other, might as well go for total realism. This whole idea is just stupid lol. I already spend 20 minutes shitting in real life a day I don't need to play baby barbie clean up time.

Instead of instantly accusing me of lacking reading comprehension which i find rather offensive you should probably consider what made me write this and look at it from more than one angle.

Your argument of "pooping is so silly, might as well just add rape for more realism" directly connects the two and therefore compares them in a certain fashion.

This is not only overdramatizing the issue, but is also respectless towards the many victims of rape.

I am not even standing up for that poop thing, I just find the way you find taking a crap so objectionable and all the conclusions and comparisons you draw from it extremely questionable. (poop is harmful to minors...)

Epic poo thread is epic.

Also to the whole gross factor chasing away female players.. really? are we all like 10 yrs old?

Theres already vomiting sounds and what not. is that not gorss? I know atleast a dozen female dayZ players, my wife included- and im pretty sure most of them wouldn't hinge thier choice to play this game on rather or not theres a pooping animation that your character does every now and again. How it effects gameplay? sure. How big of an inconvienece it my be being forced to do it at the worst possible time? sure. but just because thiers an animation that eludes to doing something "gross"? not at all.

As for me? I dont really care one way or another. it wont hurt the game for me if its there because its just one more immature thing i can crack crude jokes about in TS with my mates while playing drunk. Im 25 and i still think Sex, race, and poop jokes are funny- especially with beer. deal with it xD

Epic poo thread is epic.

Also to the whole gross factor chasing away female players.. really? are we all like 10 yrs old?

Theres already vomiting sounds and what not. is that not gorss? I know atleast a dozen female dayZ players, my wife included- and im pretty sure most of them wouldn't hinge thier choice to play this game on rather or not theres a pooping animation that your character does every now and again. How it effects gameplay? sure. How big of an inconvienece it my be being forced to do it at the worst possible time? sure. but just because thiers an animation that eludes to doing something "gross"? not at all.

As for me? I dont really care one way or another. it wont hurt the game for me if its there because its just one more immature thing i can crack crude jokes about in TS with my mates while playing drunk. Im 25 and i still think Sex, race, and poop jokes are funny- especially with beer. deal with it xD

Anyone that enjoys this kind of stuff has to have the mind of a 10 year old anyways.

Certainly not going to read 20 pages of people's opinion on the merits (or not) of needing to have a shite, but personally I think it should be added for several reasons, one of which being the "Vincent Vega Gambit" which involves dropping your gun as you curl one out, pinch a loaf or drop the kids off at the pool, leaving you unable to defend yourself but also open to ridicule for being killed during the act.

• Like 1

Anyone that enjoys this kind of stuff has to have the mind of a 10 year old anyways.

But i like poop and dick jokes as well. Just as I like more sophisticated ones.

Judging people like that is pretty ignorant, and if I were ill intentioned I could draw conclusions about your mind too.

Edited by Buffaloe

But i like poop and dick jokes as well. Just as I like more sophisticated ones.

Judging people like that is pretty ignorant, and if I were ill intentioned I could draw conclusions about your mind too.

^ Eaxctly. I can take serious things serious. I can do my job at work,  etc. I can also be a drunken moron while playing video games for FUN. sometimes just "going with it" and having a laugh is way more enjoyable then trying to be mature.

Edit: to qote a friend of mine

"Being mature doesnt mean always pretending that immature things arent funny, Its being able to appreciate both immature things and serious ones at the apropiate times"

Edited by Sovetsky

You don't need poop to contaminate a water supply. Once they implement hunting, you kill a raccoon or some other small animal and toss its decomposing body into a pond/well. It requires more effort than just popping a squat and shooting out the tactical bacon you ate 2 hours before.

Edited by ThatGuyInTheWoods
  • Like 1

I don't understand the squeamishness. I honestly welcome another bodily fuction that needs to be attented to occasionally. Just need to find a quiet spot to poop or else you will soil yourself.

I get a feeling the PvP crowd is against this, but then they are always against features that could get in the way of precious deathmatching. I'm sure they will be just as against any introduction of infectious diseases and expanded medical systems also. Anything that could increase the difficulty and people ironically shit all over it.

• Like 2

I don't understand the squeamishness. I honestly welcome another bodily fuction that needs to be attented to occasionally. Just need to find a quiet spot to poop or else you will soil yourself.

I get a feeling the PvP crowd is against this, but then they are always against features that could get in the way of precious deathmatching. I'm sure they will be just as against any introduction of infectious diseases and expanded medical systems also. Anything that could increase the difficulty and people ironically shit all over it.

meh? dayZ is and always will be a PvP game. simple as. hopefull when tis released modders will have thier awesome way with it and well have 40 different variations so everyone can play what THEY enjoy. That will put a stop to all this "OMG THAT DOESNT FIT MY PLAYSTYLE" threads. in the meantime i say adapt and overcome. please try to add things that stop PvP so i can defy them and then turn it around as a sick way to troll those why cry about being killed xD

It isn't squeamishness. Not for me at least. It is a desire to do certain things with my time. I already spend time pooping in real life. I don't need that simulated in a game. I do not spend time trying to dodge zombies and kill thirsty players in real life. That I am happy to have simulated.

It is about time and effort to me and I don't think you will find enough purist survival simulation only players that could support a game that goes all the way down that path. You need to find balance not utter and total realism.

Pooping I think would just become an act of tedium after a while anyway. It would get seriously annoying after a few weeks of getting merc'd over and over while trying to squat over a log while snipers follow you around just waiting so they can kill you while you crap.

the other thing being that if you want this level of realism then what about wiping? If you don't wipe you get rash that becomes infected and you die. Should they add that as well. Then everyone will be looking for the holy grail of clean leaves or the one roll of toilet paper that spawns on each server.

Really curious why this thread is still open. It seems the poll is against clearly against and has not been for at any time of its posting. I think the point has been made. There are about 1000 other more pressing things that need to be worked out before they can even think about a beta.

Edited by IamDinner

It isn't squeamishness. Not for me at least. It is a desire to do certain things with my time. I already spend time pooping in real life. I don't need that simulated in a game. I do not spend time trying to dodge zombies and kill thirsty players in real life. That I am happy to have simulated.

It is about time and effort to me and I don't think you will find enough purist survival simulation only players that could support a game that goes all the way down that path. You need to find balance not utter and total realism.

Pooping I think would just become an act of tedium after a while anyway. It would get seriously annoying after a few weeks of getting merc'd over and over while trying to squat over a log while snipers follow you around just waiting so they can kill you while you crap.

the other thing being that if you want this level of realism then what about wiping? If you don't wipe you get rash that becomes infected and you die. Should they add that as well. Then everyone will be looking for the holy grail of clean leaves or the one roll of toilet paper that spawns on each server.

Really curious why this thread is still open. It seems the poll is against clearly against and has not been for at any time of its posting. I think the point has been made. There are about 1000 other more pressing things that need to be worked out before they can even think about a beta.

Drinking and eating are also 'acts of tedium' but you have to do them every so often to survive. This is supposed to be a suvival game after all, not some casual drop in drop out deathmatch game (despite people trying to treat it as such).

Being tedious and annoying is the whole point of the survival aspects. If you don't want to spend your time doing those things play another game.

With such poor arguments one can only conclude that it is indeed squeamishness woefully inadequately disguised as technical worries.

If snipers are hunting you, the least of your problems will be the need to defecate. Don't blame your poor skills at a game feature. Snipers shouldn't be hunting you if you play with awareness and care, and they could as well take you out while you eat and drink, or just simply loot. In fact having natural processes interfering with your deathmatch gameplay is a good thing in my book. Remember those snipers will have to poop as well sometime and thus be vulnerable.

Also the pooping animation shows the character grapping something from the ground and using that to wipe. So yes, the character automatically wipes, and you won't need specific objects for wiping.

The poll isn't a legally binding referendum. If the devs want to include this in the game, it will be included regardless of how a handful of persons vote on this forum.

• Like 1

it will be included regardless of how a handful of persons vote on this forum.

Interesting point you brought up there. I think people often forget how small a cross-section forums are of a game's total community.

I remember while working on a mod project (one of the first i had gotten involved with) i had a heated argument with the project leader over his refusal to include a feature the "forum warriors" were spamming petitons for. Even taking it on my own to write the code for it over a weekend and say "see it took me 3 days theres NO REASON to no include it when everyone wants it".

It was at this point i was introduced to an interesting fact and linked to several blogs and other forums with threads about or little project- ones where people had sworn they would not even try it if that feature was in! Suddenly i got it- Forums are a Vocal majority, but a numerical MINORITY of the over-all player base. generally exlcuding all the people who dont speak the project's native language, or simply dont bother registering for forums.

Completely off topic but thought that worth bringing up considering the last few posts :P

• Like 1

With such poor arguments one can only conclude that it is indeed squeamishness woefully inadequately disguised as technical worries.

If snipers are hunting you, the least of your problems will be the need to defecate. Don't blame your poor skills at a game feature. Snipers shouldn't be hunting you if you play with awareness and care, and they could as well take you out while you eat and drink, or just simply loot. In fact having natural processes interfering with your deathmatch gameplay is a good thing in my book. Remember those snipers will have to poop as well sometime and thus be vulnerable.

Also the pooping animation shows the character grapping something from the ground and using that to wipe. So yes, the character automatically wipes, and you won't need specific objects for wiping.

The poll isn't a legally binding referendum. If the devs want to include this in the game, it will be included regardless of how a handful of persons vote on this forum.

There is one good thing about it if it does come down that way.

The videos people record should at least become more interesting...Can't wait to see the server names either.

Being tedious and annoying is the whole point of the survival aspects. If you don't want to spend your time doing those things play another game.

If it goes in wiping had better be with it then and the infections that follow when you don't. KOS will at least have a reason then. No more looking for pristine banana now it will be dry TP.

The more realism the better right? If we really...really want to get into the subconscious mind of the post apocalyptic survivor why stop with pooping? 

sex or masturbation could increase stamina and energy for a while maybe!  (kinda like the bj's in gta?) but would have to be mutual.. or you'll run into all sorts of other issues/concerns.   (would rather adult anims for health/energy/happiness purposes be implemented than getting crapped on!)

Edited by Miss_HellCat

sex or masturbation could increase stamina and energy for a while maybe!

:/ that aint realistic that would just make the player get sleepy and lazy.

:/ that aint realistic that would just make the player get sleepy and lazy.

ya your probably right.. they might wanna nap after and then become a target for snipers lol

I've not checked the thread, but has there been a discussion on whether shitting would be possible in 3PP. After all, which dev wants to do that animation?

Thats EXTREMELY gross dude. Now you know why most woman dont like to play this game in every "why are there not that many females in the stand alone gameplay?" forums thread.

GEE I WOUNDER WHY?!

Please tell me, what is gross about that? Calling a normal bodily function that has been transformed into a very conservative animation gross seems rather strange to me.

I also doubt that all women share your fussy attitude, and those who do... well they don't have to play the game.

(Your argument sounds rather sexist in my ears to be honest, since you are implying that all (/most) women posses a squeamish attitude and follow a double standard.)

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 2