SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

You should be keeping up ON THEM. They stated recently that they are essentially rewriting the entire game into a new engine. You will not see an update soon, nor should you expect a push to stable anytime soon.

Well they should fix the rubberbanding, push it to stable and then do that so we at least have something to do until the rewrite it since that will take ages, instead of leaving us hanging with nothing to do but PVP.

• Like 1

so currently in standalone are you saying it is due to the map loading every single object for every client at once, and it needs more of a bubble system where it only loads things for each player within a distance or something like that

It would be much worse if that were the case, but the server is still loading all of the objects within each individual network bubble. Also, the zombies brah. The animals. Everything cuts into the FPS.

EDIT: I guess we could always go back to scripted loot spawns.

Edited by Dr. Goner

I think people have a right to complain, it's called constructive criticism, ever heard of it? Probably not, Whether or not it's an Alpha, we still had to pay for it, even if we are testing, if we don't like something we should be allowed to mention what/why because it's paid for, i'd understand if it was a free beta, or had to sign up for it. But since we had to pay we do have a right to mention and point out the flaws with the game, and it's development, in fact even if we didn't pay we'd still have a right. We ARE the tester after all, or so we keep hearing from the same recycled posts by the egotistical people who most likely couldn't care less how this game develops, or even if it progresses.

"It is an ALPHA STFU." "It's an Alpha expect these things" blahdy blahdy blah, and? They're developers. This game needs developing. It has bugs, they need fixing. IT has hackers and has for the past 3 months, that needs stopping. The game's still early, it needs content. Add it, the rate of this is really really poor. I could care less how many times i'm told it's an Alpha, end of the day i'm not happy with the speed the progression is, it's questionable, almost like the devs don't even give a shit but hey why would they right? They have people defending them. They have our money, and they can hide behind the excuse "It's only an alpha" you can say what you want in response but it won't change anything about my expressions here, i love the game. I love the concept and idea. Only problem is the progression, the bugs and hacks i can deal with as strenuous as they are, but the progression seriously needs to be looked at.

I agree it has been 6 months and the development speed is getting bit slow..would like to see some ETAs for zombie pathfinding etc

Edited by AgentNe0

I really don't see what changes for user if we know ETA.

Except of frustration popping up when devs can't handle ETA.

You should be keeping up ON THEM. They stated recently that they are essentially rewriting the entire game into a new engine. You will not see an update soon, nor should you expect a push to stable anytime soon. Their recent plan of action is to think about the long term future, and by using the new engine they intend to use it means things that may not have been possible with RV will now be possible. It also means the development timeline just went out the window, and you should expect some delays and silence while they work on the next step.

I can say this.. if your patient enough it will be well worth it. I stopped playing a while back and will wait until things move forward. I did so for 2 reasons: I do not want to get burnt out on a game that is really only for testing right now, and why keep playing the same game over and over again when its so far from completion? There are plenty of options and the mod is a great one. I play that. Next major SA update, Ill be back to see what they did. I recommend you do the same.

They are not going to rewrite the game into another "new engine".  

Hicks_206Producer

When DayZ started - we took the source from the existing RV Engine - Over the last many months, extensive clean up, new functionality, and so forth has been created for that engine - while at the same time, vast amounts of it were removed, or rewritten entirely. The changes Dean spoke of entail major leaps forward in that work, with those changes and the many more that will come through out development - we have begun to approach the point in which DayZ's engine is so no longer recognizable as RV, and because of that - and the massive work to come, it is now known by its own name, Infusion.

EDIT Source:http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/27umee/before_everyone_loses_their_collective_shit_omg/

Edited by Rkelt

NICE

Just need a new update on EXP now :)

I'm so ready. Have a feeling 'planning' is going to take a while though... must take many cold showers and do some jumping jacks in the mean time.

Great news from Dean today!!

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/477125152652935168

Sounds like we could have a push to EXP soon, to test it, & then on to stable shortly!!!

So wait , I'm confused I downloaded a 700 or so mb patch from steam last night for stable I thought that was the push to stable haha ? What was the patch last night I downloaded then :0?!!!

So wait , I'm confused I downloaded a 700 or so mb patch from steam last night for stable I thought that was the push to stable haha ? What was the patch last night I downloaded then :0?!!!

If you reverted from experimental to stable you downloaded the stable version...that is normal when you switch branches :)

Anyone near Grishino?  I've rubberbanded into the boarded up room and can't get out.  I have an M4 and an axe if you want them.

I had to replace my monitor because when I read that they added cows into the wilderness I spat milk all over my fucking screen

Anyone near Grishino?  I've rubberbanded into the boarded up room and can't get out.  I have an M4 and an axe if you want them.

I am in zeleno on hardcore, but I don't really mind running there. If it is the police station upper floor, there is a video on youtube somewhere on how to get out. Just PM me, if this is still a problem.

Edited by bautschi

I was trying to wait for the release to stable to try this new build but might have to swing over to check out the status of this and how it will change FPS on my PC

If everything is Ok, 0.45 build will be pushed to stable this wednesday including rubberbanding fix. (source reddit)

• Like 1

If everything is Ok, 0.45 build will be pushed to stable this wednesday including rubberbanding fix. (source reddit)

Good to hear!

Still some rubberbanding on exp tho!

Wednesday ? I saw on twitter first it was today (Saturday) but then Monday from hicks .... I'm

Hoping Monday but Wednesday seems to make more sense :/ .

Monday to experimental. Wednesday to stable if experimental test goes as it should.

If you pay attention to what you can read on reddit, you'll notice that saturday was a "leaked" date. A journalist said that Rocket told him that he wanted to deploy the fix to experimental on saturday (today)...that is not what I would call an official and realiable announce ;)

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 1

Monday to experimental. Wednesday to stable if experimental test goes as it should.

If you pay attention to what you can read on reddit, you'll notice that saturday was a "leaked" date. A journalist said that Rocket told him that he wanted to deploy the fix to experimental on saturday (today)...that is not what I would call an official and realiable announce ;)

Oh ok thanks for the explicit explanation guga haha ... Can't wait for this mother fudger to get deployed ... Gonna play for Ze hours uns hous .

Oh ok thanks for the explicit explanation guga haha ... Can't wait for this mother fudger to get deployed ... Gonna play for Ze hours uns hous .

I hope to hear good news from experimental on monday.

I sure hope the crashing issue is fixed as well with this patch, although listening to Hicks, it sounds like maybe not. He said he didn't even know about it, but to be fair, he has been at E3. Thead with the post is HERE

• Like 1

I sure hope the crashing issue is fixed as well with this patch, although listening to Hicks, it sounds like maybe not. He said he didn't even know about it, but to be fair, he has been at E3. Thead with the post is HERE

What crash? Is it new in 0.45 on exp?

EDIT nevermind, I read now about it.

Edited by lucianpin