SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Could be an issue with steam cloud snyc on your PC!

Don't think so, since many people have reported this happening even when playing on the same server after a reset.

I'm just wondering if there is a regular experimental server that is character-stable that I should stick to or if I need to accept that Hardcore is the place to test new  stuff out (like fireplaces or looking for AKM) and that Regular servers are just bambiland.

EDIT: The last time this happened to me (char wipe on regular) I noticed an error message while logging in that said there was difficulty loading my character.

I actually had this recently when logging into hardcore, and I exited immediately while still in the loading screen. After another attempt at logging in, the error message did not show up and my character was all there except for the bottom right most content of his backpack (had a P1 pistol there, gone)

I noticed this happening on non-experimental too, sometimes. The content at the bottom of my backpack disappearing.

Edited by ColonelBurton

Don't think so, since many people have reported this happening even when playing on the same server after a reset.

I'm just wondering if there is a regular experimental server that is character-stable that I should stick to or if I need to accept that Hardcore is the place to test new  stuff out (like fireplaces or looking for AKM) and that Regular servers are just bambiland.

EDIT: The last time this happened to me (char wipe on regular) I noticed an error message while logging in that said there was difficulty loading my character.

I actually had this recently when logging into hardcore, and I exited immediately while still in the loading screen. After another attempt at logging in, the error message did not show up and my character was all there except for the bottom right most content of his backpack (had a P1 pistol there, gone)

I noticed this happening on non-experimental too, sometimes. The content at the bottom of my backpack disappearing.

Yeah I've seen the above happening with players, exiting seems to be the only way to stop a full wipe from happening

I know it's not a complete system but I would like the Devs and community especially to recognize this "problem" , I just think their "wind" system is too simple and no matter where you are it will always blow out the flame if there is wind goin on (which I can never tell if it is ). Help a brother out community !!

I wonder if they could make it so like in first person you have to drag the mouse up or down the side of the box to light it? So if you don't do it fast enough it breaks that's better than "wind" having a random chance effect.

I hope lots of things like that are planned rather than just click and the action is done with no effort playerside.

So still no word when this will hit stable?

I wonder if they could make it so like in first person you have to drag the mouse up or down the side of the box to light it? So if you don't do it fast enough it breaks that's better than "wind" having a random chance effect.

I hope lots of things like that are planned rather than just click and the action is done with no effort playerside.

So still no word when this will hit stable?

That would be awesome , I'm all for having more advanced animations for stuff too , like actually seeing you strike the box with the match like you said , but also being able to see the match light up in flame and in first person you'd see your character touch the match to the fireplace ...

Maybe even a "cup hand " motion to put over matches so the wind doesn't blow it out ( maybe this is going too far lol ) ... But I can feel the new stable update in my bones, it's definitely coming very soon (in my opinion within the next Wednesday )...

Umm.. No new patches this week? Was their even maintenance on wednesday?

Welcome to dayz development, where there is no development  ;)

Patches were never said to come out every week , maintenance happened though like usual I'm pretty sure. Woof woof .

Was just force-fed burnt deer steak and got food poisoning. And I got sick within minutes....... Seriously??

Why the hell would eating burnt meat give you food poisoning? It'll give you cancer in the long run but.... WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?????

Can we please have a little bit more time in between raw and burnt as well, because this is ridiculous.

Anyhow my partner got himself poisoned too (he ate first and then force-fed me because I laughed about the funny taste in his mouth) but the sick bar went away after about five minutes. It only came back (but in a red state) after I'd shot him several times, about 15 minutes after eating the steak.

What a load of nonsense. I thought this game was supposed to be realistic?

• Like 1

Was just force-fed burnt deer steak and got food poisoning. And I got sick within minutes....... Seriously??

Why the hell would eating burnt meat give you food poisoning? It'll give you cancer in the long run but.... WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?????

Can we please have a little bit more time in between raw and burnt as well, because this is ridiculous.

Anyhow my partner got himself poisoned too (he ate first and then force-fed me because I laughed about the funny taste in his mouth) but the sick bar went away after about five minutes. It only came back (but in a red state) after I'd shot him several times, about 15 minutes after eating the steak.

What a load of nonsense. I thought this game was supposed to be realistic?

It's clearly not the end product dude , things are introduced and fixed along the way, but I personally can't wait til the more complex disease system comes in with all the infections and diseases said a while back , not to mention these little bugs will be worked out .. Giver' time me neh'. Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

It's clearly not the end product dude , things are introduced and fixed along the way, but I personally can't wait til the more complex disease system comes in with all the infections and diseases said a while back , not to mention these little bugs will be worked out .. Giver' time me neh'.

What, you can't wait for diseases that kill you within a mere hour to come out? Guess I have a different idea about fun.

In my opinion, these things don't need to be "fixed" they need to be programmed right from the beginning :rolleyes:

I agree burnt steak shouldnt make you sick. I suggest the longer you leave it past burnt on the fire the %  of meat should rapidly decrease. When it gets to 0% its gone.

Why the hell did they add the wierd zombie geometry thing to players anyway that causes the rubberbanding when the old system was fine? Were they testing it on players before they put it on zombies or something? 

Edited by JasonB

Why the hell did they add the wierd zombie geometry thing to players anyway that causes the rubberbanding when the old system was fine? Were they testing it on players before they put it on zombies or something? 

The rubberbanding issue has nothing to do with the zombie navmesh. The navmesh has not been implemented yet.

Did you see this?

http://dayz.gamepedi...elog#0.45.12499

Oh my God, devs stop from this crazy hurry for code writing, you are ruining the whole already existing code. How can you introduce so many new bugs when you are writing new features. Are you not carefully at all? Project managers, hire more expensive and experimented programmers. I don't say that you don't already have experimented programmers, but obviously some of them are not.

I can confirm punching a deer 100+ times does not kill it :lol:

Did you see this?

http://dayz.gamepedi...elog#0.45.12499

Oh my God, devs stop from this crazy hurry for code writing, you are ruining the whole already existing code. How can you introduce so many new bugs when you are writing new features. Are you not carefully at all? Project managers, hire more expensive and experimented programmers. I don't say that you don't already have experimented programmers, but obviously some of them are not.

I don't think you or Jason understand how this development works lol , they aren't introducing things finished and they shouldn't ( it would take much longer to pump out features that are 100% fixed ) and these features that aren't 100% fixed don't work for 100% of the people BUT I have NEVER gotten poisoned on burnt steak , so no it's not working 100% of the time which is why it will be fixed but it does work sometimes which is why we need to test it . Experimental is for testing get out if you don't understand it kids !

• Like 3

It's almost as if people playing an Alpha release think this is the full product.

• Like 5

I don't think you or Jason understand how this development works lol , they aren't introducing things finished and they shouldn't ( it would take much longer to pump out features that are 100% fixed ) and these features that aren't 100% fixed don't work for 100% of the people BUT I have NEVER gotten poisoned on burnt steak , so no it's not working 100% of the time which is why it will be fixed but it does work sometimes which is why we need to test it . Experimental is for testing get out if you don't understand it kids !

Before a piece of code is tested by QA, the dev has already tested its own code and tries to see all possible exceptions...

I am a dev too and I work with a lot of people, I recognize this kind of errors. Some of them are not carefull at all or poor skills.

Edited by lucianpin

Before a piece of code is tested by QA, the dev has already tested its own code and tries to see all possible exceptions...

I am a dev too and I work with a lot of people, I recognize this kind of errors. Some of them are not carefull at all or poor skills.

Well then you should understand that a dev works on one, or maybe max. two machines.... We, the players, play on hundreds of thousands of different machines (PC's), and each one can introduce its own issues and conflicts with the game. That's why they conduct the experimental testing. Everything may be fine on the devs' machines within their closed dev-environment. But once it's out for global testing, tens of new bugs are introduced.

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

Well then you should understand that a dev works on one, or maybe max. two machines.... We, the players, play on hundreds of thousands of different machines (PC's), and each one can introduce its own issues and conflicts with the game. That's why they conduct the experimental testing. Everything may be fine on the devs' machines within their closed dev-environment. But once it's out for global testing, tens of new bugs are introduced.

True, and I know that.

1) the wierd zombie geometry thing (navmesh in grown-ups language) is not implemented yet.

2) I guess the old system was fine if you want your zombies to walk through walls.

• Like 1

Here's to hoping 0.45 is releasing soon in the foreseeable future. The fact that the new patch is implementing scavenging, fishing, cooking, and hunting alongside several new weapons is kind of killing my mood to play 0.44. I'm guessing it'll be released right around next week's scheduled maintenance. Here's my $20 bet.  :P

Edited by Ransurian

Who cares? You have "Collectable Items for Eating Blood" - so it's a vampire game, too! Two in one!

look at the date when he play the game. the game changed a mass in gameplay!

dev team is focusing on the wrong tasks...

instead of adding new and utterly useless stuff try to get things straight first: movement is still clunky and buggy, rubberbanding makes the game unplayable, "session lost" will delete characters.

i am about to lose any interest in dayz because of the extreme slow progress they are making and also because i really doubt the devs are able to sort our their crap. I guess it wont get any better than this tbh

• Like 1