kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

I haven't even played this release because it looks so disappointing from what I've read :/

Why is it even called the stable branch if non-functioning mechanics are being pushed to it?

• Like 2

This was before and it s fixed, when jumping through certain walls could work on servers with higher lag. but at least, one couldn t shoot through the invisible walls. but now, with only minimum manipulation of certain .pbo files a player can also shoot through walls, the walls aren t only invisible, they are not there! I m still shocked. and people still bitching about missing fire and cooking....unbelievable...

yes i know and its good that its fixed, but they are still prats :P

and i hope the buildings are going serverside completly if 64 bit is released that client side deleting pbo files not more possible!

• Like 2

so, I have just tested this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_nDNtsSrg. and it s still working. can t believe that I just discovered this. SHAME ON YOU DEVS SHAME ON YOU. and fanboys. shut it! this is unacceptable, posted in february but still no fix! just to get things straight: I m not a cheater, but this is how I m going to play until they fix this. I ll even make a daily video "wallglitcher diary" this is a massive lack of respect to the community, really, I still can t believe they let something retarded like this happen, as we spend hours looking for a bean can or a rag to make a bandage.....and mods, don t even try to ban me, please, I can make tons of accounts from tons of IPs and post this over and over until every single bambi in chernarus knows what he s expecting....JUST FIX IT!   PS: try it on your own risk, I don t know if I m going to get a global ban or not, but if banned, well, I m defo going to wait for the final release then. maybe after spawning, overwrite the modified .pbo with the original from the backup file.

According to feedback tracker this bug is fixed:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4774

According to what we experienced in the last night session, it's not.

So far i see the following scenarios that need to be tested and not allowed:

1. Delete pbo prior to enter game. ( this i guess is fixed now )

2. Delete pbo prior to enter game, place them back after so battleeye will not find anything wrong with the game.

- when starting the game just check if the files you load are not corrupted / missing. If so start the update procedure.

- battleeye should do random check of what is loaded vs what is in dayz folders

3. Rename one pbo file as another pbo file. ( rename pbo tree as pbo military structs ).

- just have a CRC list of the files. If they don't match, start update procedure.

I know this is the alfa stage of the game, and this is the time to find the huge problems, but i would expect that after such a problem is found, that the fix will come as a priority.

According to feedback tracker this bug is fixed:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4774

According to what we experienced in the last night session, it's not.

So far i see the following scenarios that need to be tested and not allowed:

1. Delete pbo prior to enter game. ( this i guess is fixed now )

2. Delete pbo prior to enter game, place them back after so battleeye will not find anything wrong with the game.

- when starting the game just check if the files you load are not corrupted / missing. If so start the update procedure.

- battleeye should do random check of what is loaded vs what is in dayz folders

3. Rename one pbo file as another pbo file. ( rename pbo tree as pbo military structs ).

- just have a CRC list of the files. If they don't match, start update procedure.

I know this is the alfa stage of the game, and this is the time to find the huge problems, but i would expect that after such a problem is found, that the fix will come as a priority.

Yep, it's not fixed. I also tried to say to reopen the bug, but no response from devs. (1 month ago)

Edited by lucianpin

Yep, it's not fixed. I also tried to say to reopen the bug, but no response from devs. (1 month ago)

This really can not be so hard to fix, right? Check pbo files if they are the correct one :-(.

This really can not be so hard to fix, right? Check pbo files if they are the correct one :-(.

It seems that battle eye checks pbo files every time you join a server, but DayZ is actually loading pbo files only once at game startup. So, if you delete pbo files, start game (DayZ don't load files), get kicked by battle eye, then pun files back while you are in game, try join a server again, battle eye sees the files and allows you to play, but they are not loaded in DayZ.

Why they don't reopen the bug at least?

Edited by lucianpin

I have yet to find a tracksuit Jackets and believe me, ive searched every area possible, found plenty of pants but no suits.....they must not be implemented or can somebody confirm different, I have seen the multiple screens of devs or their associates wearing them but no actual players...

and so what if they are(referring to post after this one), I love the clothing aspect and variety of it. I was very excited that more were on the way in this patch

Edited by Vespillo

Suits are the problem for you? I'm asking this because of the font and color you are using. :) More important problems are described here with smaller letters...

Edited by lucianpin

Any pics of the officer hat?

I've been dying to find it, but I don't believe it's spawning correctly in the game.  Not only have I combed over every type of spawn in the game(military, residential, industrial, vehicle wrecks) but nobody else has apparently had any better luck.

I've been dying to find it, but I don't believe it's spawning correctly in the game.  Not only have I combed over every type of spawn in the game(military, residential, industrial, vehicle wrecks) but nobody else has apparently had any better luck.

Seems like its just like the new town and tracksuit tops then

• Like 1

=))) well of course devs aren t prioritising .pbo protection as people are moaning only about hats and tracksuit colours. unbelievable :))) HEI, DUDES: THERE ARE LOTS OF PLAYERS WHO EASILY MAKE THE WALLS OF MILITARY BUILDINGS DISAPPEAR, THEY WALK AND SHOOT THROUGH THEM, MAKE THE DEVS FIX THIS ASAP!

• Like 1

=))) well of course devs aren t prioritising .pbo protection as people are moaning only about hats and tracksuit colours. unbelievable :))) HEI, DUDES: THERE ARE LOTS OF PLAYERS WHO EASILY MAKE THE WALLS OF MILITARY BUILDINGS DISAPPEAR, THEY WALK AND SHOOT THROUGH THEM, MAKE THE DEVS FIX THIS ASAP!

Im getting sick of your moaning. Just because i was talking about the hat and tracksuit was beacause it was mentioned in the official changeligs and therefore in the game whereas pbo. Corrections and wall glitching are an ongoing task for the team. I suggest you stick to COD: ghosts till december

• Like 3

Im getting sick of your moaning. Just because i was talking about the hat and tracksuit was beacause it was mentioned in the official changeligs and therefore in the game whereas pbo. Corrections and wall glitching are an ongoing task for the team. I suggest you stick to COD: ghosts till december

maybe throwing up will help with your sickness. as this wallglitching story is a never-ending task for the team, I think it s time to put a little pressure on the devs. otherwise it s not going to be fixed.

maybe throwing up will help with your sickness. as this wallglitching story is a never-ending task for the team, I think it s time to put a little pressure on the devs. otherwise it s not going to be fixed.

The way you're applying your pressure isn't going to help anyone. BE bans for missing signatures and if you have them missing you will be kicked off the game. Sometimes quicker, sometimes slower.

But in the end you will not be able to play for a long amount of time and come running on the forums complaining as to why you were kicked off the game.

I've tried out the binoculars and I'm really looking forward to when all the issues will be sorted out; compared to the other optics, binoculars lenses (even in pristine condition) look unreasonably dirtier.

I've also run into pretty much every issue already described above; I think zeds speed should be tweaked a little as they can now outrun me when I hold a handgun, which doesn't really makes much sense and can be quite annoying when trying to get to a distance to shoot them while avoiding to be hit from afar.

First, you have no way of "pressuring" the devs.  Whining on the forums will do nothing.  You are powerless, and thank goodness for that.

Second, this is not no longer a mod with a tiny development team.  These guys are dealing with millions of dollars and many careers here.  They are pros, and they have these things called departments that divide the workload by type.  The guys designing and creating content(like those cool hats) are not the guys fixing hacking.

On another note, if anyone finds even a hint of the Russian Officer Hat, drop me a line.  I'm going nuts over it, silly as it is.

Edited by Silas_
  • Like 1

I understand, but as I met these glitchers everyday now for 2-3 weeks, I begin to doubt that BE is really working. I am ready to test it extensively and risk the ban. anyway with this vulnerability I can t really play anymore (I m not exaggerating, knowing there might be a player who doesn t have the same walls as me is too much for my paranoia :))) it s really not fair, dudes. sorry for insisting and spamming this thread, but the thing that worries me most is there is no public announcement regarding this, as it s a gamebreaker.

Edited by kapnobatai

I understand, but as I met these glitchers everyday now for 2-3 weeks, I begin to doubt that BE is really working. I am ready to test it extensively and risk the ban. anyway with this vulnerability I can t really play anymore (I m not exaggerating, knowing there might be an player who don t have the same walls as me is too much for my paranoia :))) it s really not fair, dudes. sorry for insisting and spamming this thread, but the thing that worries me most is there is no public announcement regarding this as it s a gamebreaker.

Try canadian servers :P and its not something BE is working on, they have already implemented a system to check missing signatures.

Some point to the bow and crossbow. 

Currently the range of crossbow is isuffisante. This model is an equivalent of 180 pounds should be raised to 150 meters. Power should be reduced but the range increased. 

The quiver is useless, because it only contains 5 blots for 2 places and the 5 combined bolts occupies 1 place in inventory. I think the quiver should contain up to 15/20 bolts for 2 boxes. Would be the equivalent of the round box for arrow :-). When it is found it may be empty or contain 5 bolts but its total capacity should be 15/20 bolts. 

The skin from the arc contains an arrow (false arrow) should not be apparent because in reality it does not exist. This is corrected urgently before it is usable.

• Like 1

Ok so I think the "ignore windows setting" you are talking about applies to mice drivers other than those made by razer. The default setting is the 6th notch in the windows mouse pointer speed setting. Changing this is not recommended. I assume the setting you are talking about just sets this value to 6 (or equivalently it ignores it).

Basically yes, that's it.  It does depend on the mouse and software (and probably OS as well...I've not used Win 8 for example).

Are others having trouble with servers right now? The ping went through the roof, like 300ms+ and "the internet" as such is still as fast as usual (ping about 30ms to other servers).

Also the server I lost my session on was practically empty, as seem to be most (hardcore) servers here right now...(Germany).

Edited by bautschi

Are others having trouble with servers right now? The ping went through the roof, like 300ms+ and "the internet" as such is still as fast as usual (ping about 30ms to other servers).

Also the server I lost my session on was practically empty, as seem to be most (hardcore) servers here right now...(Germany).

Ive used up my monthly internet so all i get is client not responding or session lost whenever i join one.

• Like 1