kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Guys, the rubberbanding was present in 44.123800 and is still there, maybe something in 0.45 just amplified it. Yesterday I had to give up searching some buildings, because I rubbered back every time I approached the door. I noticed that if you are rubbering in one spot, you just need to walk a bit around it (take the other side of the road for example)

Everibody...do you hit target from 800 m every time..plz stop saying nonsence..

My best shot: Mosin (prestine) + Long Range Scope (prestine), Zeroing at 800, Bipod(prestine), lying

At Northwest Airfield - north end (tents) to the roof of Tower ~920m. (my only successful hit about 900m)

But not with one shot - i need 8 shoots to hit my target.

I think it's nearly impossible or a lucky hit, when a shot about 800m hits the target with the first shot!

(And you need a noob, who waits on the roof and don't walk away)

In normal case i try to get a position 800m below, better 600m.

Edited by NeoNTrooper

I have a quick question about distances. Did someone see a player with binoculars at huge distances? I know that player render distance is affected by Object Detail setting. Is this valid for binoculars too?

Loooool..... I'm disappointed, you said that once a month you will spend a large stable changelog, AND NOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.... NICE ONE .... You're f**k around and doing nothing... ane what time will be stable ?? one , two mounth ??? People who work Breaking Point for amra 3 are to faster haaa

Hi there!

Would you agree that there is a difference in effort between:

1) Painting a wall. (In this case, throwing lots of paint in the general direction of a wall)

2) Building a house. 

?

Edited by Very Ape

Rocket, you need to understand that when the map states DEER BLINDS HOLD LOOT. Why is it that EVERYTIME you look into a deer stand, it's empty. Get your groups to work on that plz it's my favorite game and it deserves all of the praises. Make the promises better, or H1Z1 will pass this game up in a hurry.

In some servers since this update, both my friend and I have struggled to keep weapons out. The character tends to take out a gun and then instantly put it away, which is ridiculously annoying when you're surrounded in Berezino!

I think it's nearly impossible or a lucky hit, when a shot about 800m hits the target with the first shot!

(And you need a noob, who waits on the roof and don't walk away)

Yeah, bit of luck I think too - my shot was about 800-820 meters from woods south of NEAF to ATC front steps, 2 shots fired from Mosin, prone with LRS zeroed at 800 - seconds shot killed, was aiming about a meter above player head.

Has anyone found that in this version soda\kvass won't help stop thirsty, even when you have drunk several bottles of soda\kvass at one time the status is still shown as thirsty.

But when you drink some water, it will be OK.

So is it a bug or a new feature? 

Edited by msy
  • Like 1

Has anyone found that in this version soda\kvass won't help stop thirsty, even when you have drunk several bottles of soda\kvass at one time the status is still shown as thirsty.

But when you drink some water, it will be OK.

So is it a bug or a new feature?

I did not. I'm on experimental atm, so I can't verify it now...but I can assure you that on experimental it is not like that, so if there is really this bug it has already been fixed ;)

I did not. I'm on experimental atm, so I can't verify it now...but I can assure you that on experimental it is not like that, so if there is really this bug it has already been fixed ;)

You should say, if there is something really changed between 123800 and 123802, it is this bug that didn't happened in the former version.

I'm also having problems with drinking. My status is still showing as 'Thirsty' even after drinking 3 cans. If i drink about 10 times at a pond then i become 'hydrated' but it doesnt last long. 

I've had this problem for 3 or 4 days now, different servers as well.

I'm also having problems with drinking. My status is still showing as 'Thirsty' even after drinking 3 cans. If i drink about 10 times at a pond then i become 'hydrated' but it doesnt last long. 

I've had this problem for 3 or 4 days now, different servers as well.

once exp goes to stable issue will be resolved.

If you want to stay up to date you should check Deans twitter account from time to time:

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/471616033326120960

Actually it's very annoying that you have to check that many sources (official site, forum, reddit, twitter) to get what you are looking for... a unified announcement system would be nice

Edited by FreakyCamper
  • Like 1

And Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/

<definite sarcasm included>

While I'm at it... how's the MP-station-in-the-wall-exploit fixing coming? Didn't they say it was fixed like 5 patches back? Still a definite problem. Buddy got killed at NEAF two times. Once at the MP station by the Con Tower and then the second time at the MP station that's off by itself at the NEAF. He said that the guy literally walked out of the little cubbyhole wall outside the station (near the fence/trees on the left side of the station if you look at the door).

Looks to me like the .dbo stuff hasn't been fixed yet... only way that I think the guy could walk right through walls... no?

Edited by sniperdoc

another week has gone. Have you heard that? An artist has a job of art, and a programmer has a job of program, and a designer has a job of disign.
But although there is a big problem about net, about pathfinding, WHY the dev who should deal with the problems above will also charge the job to fix the bug of binoculars, the bug of drinking, and the bug of spliting ammo?
How can I believe the drinking bug is as difficult as net framework so that it may take you dev weeks to get it fixed?

Edited by msy

Maybe they'll do a comprehensive update vs just little ones. Could be that the engine is changing too much on a day-to-day basis that doing small updates is prohibitive?

When's maintenance again ? I'm on eastern standard time :0

It's every Wednesday and starts at 2:00am EST.  :)  

It's every Wednesday and starts at 2:00am EST. :)

Oh ok thanks mAng lawl After 554 hours played I still have no idea when that was ..

• Like 1

Yeah, bit of luck I think too - my shot was about 800-820 meters from woods south of NEAF to ATC front steps, 2 shots fired from Mosin, prone with LRS zeroed at 800 - seconds shot killed, was aiming about a meter above player head.

i wont say that im "good" at sniping,but in my 400hrs experience in dayz sa i shot on 800m+ about 50 guys and to hit each of them i took about 3-5 shots (1 shot for aim and 2-3 shots to kill) and ill say that -  without bullet impact and bleeding if you hit  its close to impossible for me to hit the target even if he doesnt moves.So please stop protecting current issue and the devs.But you never know,you might be f*ck*ng hitman whos aiming by wind direction and sh*t,but 99% of the players aint

Edited by maimunn

i wont say that im "good" at sniping,but in my 400hrs experience in dayz sa i shot on 800m+ about 50 guys and to hit each of them i took about 3-5 shots (1 shot for aim and 2-3 shots to kill) and ill say that -  without bullet impact and bleeding if you hit  its close to impossible for me to hit the target even if he doesnt moves.So please stop protecting current issue and the devs.But you never know,you might be f*ck*ng hitman whos aiming by wind direction and sh*t,but 99% of the players aint

I does take a bit of practice, that's for sure.. and without seeing the bullet impact points(i.e., dust/dirt kickin up from the bullet hitting the ground, etc), it does make it quite a bit harder.. esp at 500+ meters.  There are some points on the map that I know pretty much where to zero the LR scope to without really having to think about it, other areas, it's just trial and error.  And hopefully don't get counter-sniped or ambushed in the meantime.  Can't wait till they get the bullet impact points showing up at long ranges fixed.  

any news on the new patch so far?

There is one: soda/kvass can't help stop thirst. And the dev never give a hotfix fot it.

• Like 1