kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Make sure to report servers that actually kick you off when joining, as it's against the rules:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Numerous reports that nothing is done if reported.

~~~~~~~~~

On a seperate note, after the patch I logged in and I was a seagull. I could fly around and so on.

I had to disconnect and reconnect to get my toon back.

Will log this but believe it is already logged.

Well I'm new and I can't log in on the My View-Bug thingy area. 
Is anyone else having this bug where you can drink a damaged Notacola an infinite number or times? 
I wanted to report it if nobody else has. I'm running around fully energized thanks to it but it's kinda ruining the need for me to loot or carry that many food items.

I was running on the floor, then got teleported on the roof and fell. Let's ragequit a few weeks again...

Someone please tell me how to set the "sens" as before - this is crazy?!?

And yes I have turned it all down - dont seem to help ?

Someone please tell me how to set the "sens" as before - this is crazy?!?

And yes I have turned it all down - dont seem to help ?

This is something I discovered too, with some specific mouse (maybe DPI matters) and the sensitivity set to minimum, the mouse is still moving too fast. Mine is set to minimum too, but I am satisfied with the sensitivity. I have a low DPI mouse.

Edited by lucianpin

Well I'm new and I can't log in on the My View-Bug thingy area. 

Is anyone else having this bug where you can drink a damaged Notacola an infinite number or times? 

I wanted to report it if nobody else has. I'm running around fully energized thanks to it but it's kinda ruining the need for me to loot or carry that many food items.

It may concern other consumables, I believe that the Devs are aware.

Merged.

wow, alot of people don't understand what a ALPHA is I geuss....

Finding bugs and reporting them is perfect.

But complaining about the game like it's a finished game, I geuss you don't understand what a Alpha is.

I just think I am happy just to play it and it's awesome for a Alpha.

Have some patience and I think they make alot of progress in a small period.

Step by step, we want to have great game and that takes ALOT of time.

Kalle

• Like 5

wow, alot of people don't understand what a ALPHA is I geuss....

Finding bugs and reporting them is perfect.

But complaining about the game like it's a finished game, I geuss you don't understand what a Alpha is.

I just think I am happy just to play it and it's awesome for a Alpha.

Have some patience and I think they make alot of progress in a small period.

Step by step, we want to have great game and that takes ALOT of time.

Kalle

I agree!

It amazes me how people just don't get it, and feel like they are owed something for buying into the alpha.

If you bought DayZ then you payed to test the game.

It is not finished, how does this concept of alpha confuse so many?

They are taking WAY too long with this game considering how much cash they have.  Other games with big budgets are on their heels like H1Z1 and it already looks way more playable than dayz (they have vehicles for one thing).  If they don't hurry up and start pushing out patches this game will loose a large part of its fan base to the more playable (even tho its also more arcade like) games like H1Z1.  They are no longer alone in this space so they better start competing and stop resting on their laurels.

• Like 9

I agree!

It amazes me how people just don't get it, and feel like they are owed something for buying into the alpha.

If you bought DayZ then you payed to test the game.

It is not finished, how does this concept of alpha confuse so many?

"If you bought DayZ then you payed to test the game."

No, you payed for early access and if you are kind and some people are, you help to improve the game.

For testing, Bohemia is the one who pays to QA department.

I don't say that we should not test the game, let's test it. But this is not what I payed for. And I agree, don't complain about deadline, speed development.

• Like 1

What's the point of experimental if the bugs make it to stable.

For example: binocs issues. Either fix the bugs and put fixed binocs in stable or keep them away from stable branch untill you can resolve the bugs.

Funny how, when people say "Everything is fantastic!" nobody replies with "You can't say that, the game is unfinished and still in alpha state!". Double standards much?

• Like 5

Hello,

i tested the new version for 10 min and found a zucchini as well as a 1911 mag with a new design. Did I miss it or why cant i find a word about that in the changelog?

Could not find an answer to this. Is there other stuff added which is not in the patch note? And can you pls complete it? (plus delete the town if its not there)

They are taking WAY too long with this game considering how much cash they have.  Other games with big budgets are on their heels like H1Z1 and it already looks way more playable than dayz (they have vehicles for one thing).  If they don't hurry up and start pushing out patches this game will loose a large part of its fan base to the more playable (even tho its also more arcade like) games like H1Z1.  They are no longer alone in this space so they better start competing and stop resting on their laurels.

Well hi there. I suppose you did not search this forum for posts complaining about development speed? If you had, you would have noticed that the answer to this posts was always: Instant cash doesn't accelerate development of code (much). This is because new developers (if hired) need to get used to the existing code base. And existing ones do not type faster.

So please stop making assumptions about things you (obviously) do not now anything about.

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 5

couldn't agree more

After testing some more hours

New mouse controle ( has been mentioned a lot of times now):

It feels like CoD without a weapon in your hand and WITH your weapon you can spin like crazy while proning

What do you mean it feels like CoD? The 1:1 system was not invented by CoD. CoD uses it because it works. Day-z now uses it because it works, but they also added weapon lag to make it more realistic.

It was a requested feature by many. And now it works fine (and as you say, it may need some tweaking). Stop giving useless feedback.

• Like 2

I'd have to agree. Other games with much lower budgets are making ten times the progress this game is making. DayZ has sold almost two million copies, progress is still slow and the updates (when there rarely are ones) are buggy as fuck (clearly seen in this update). 

Just because a game is in Alpha, doesn't mean everything has the excuse to be buggy. With the amount of people playing this game and the amount of copies sold, they should be making progress, not bugging the game to death.

I stopped playing this game weeks ago. Why? No objective to the game, you get fully looted and the only thing to do is die and start all over. That isn't fun. Standalone was delayed multiple times before the alpha release, that upsets me because the lack of content shown and being produced. 

A game like H1Z1 has already shown to be more creditable and dedicated by recent footage shown and their communication between themselves and the players. I've been playing DayZ since June of 2012, it's sad to see the game like this, hopefully it improves in the future. Other games are coming out, such as H1Z1, DayZ better hurry up.

What do you mean it feels like CoD? The 1:1 system was not invented by CoD. CoD uses it because it works. Day-z now uses it because it works, but they also added weapon lag to make it more realistic.

It was a requested feature by many. And now it works fine (and as you say, it may need some tweaking). Stop giving useless feedback.

It feels like means: It feels like - a comparison. 

Nobody was talking about "CoD invented...". Doesn't matter if it works fine or people requested it. As you can read: spinning around without a weapon in your hand or with weapon while beeing in prone position is possible.

So saying that I can do 5*360° with my weapon in my hand while beeing in prone position is useless feedback? I'm not going to expect an answer on that but what has to be said: you call others' posts useless while your's is actually useless.

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 1

Wait so there in-game? I though they only added the cross bow, which I've found. Also add back some kind of login noise it helps when people are ghosting.

They added the crossbow and the engraved 1911 (if you consider that adding a new weapon).

Ok experimental there is another pistol atm.

The Akm is not in yet.

It feels like means: It feels like - a comparison. 

Nobody was talking about "CoD invented...". Doesn't matter if it works fine or people requested it. As you can read: spinning around without a weapon in your hand or with weapon while beeing in prone position is possible.

So saying that I can do 5*360° with my weapon in my hand while beeing in prone position is useless feedback? I'm not going to expect an answer on that but what has to be said: you call others' posts useless while your's is actually useless.

Does the gun follow you with 1:1 movement?

Does the gun follow you with 1:1 movement?

Lagging 1 second behind. The gun does not slow you down from spinning in prone position. 

Statement about spinning around stays the same. It's way to sensitive ( if my sentence is even correct - don't know )

Best thing would be: Join a server, try it our yourself. 

Don't forget the bow and arrow. This can be crafted using an Ashen stick + rope. Currently not firing arrows for the moment, but i'm guessing that next patch it will. It looks damn cool.

Oh, and something minor, but hilarious. You can now beat people with frying pans and cooking pots.

Edited by Gekkonidae