kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

I already don't like the new patch. Infinite drinks ( well, thats ok ), but the new mouse controle feels like counter-strike now. Can spin around like crazy

• Like 1

Me and my entire clan are all in agreement that the current zombie respawn mechanic is utter shite and we naively assumed that it would be recognised as shite community-wide. Why oh why are you making zombies more difficult to kill when they respawn instantly and run back to you immediately? Some have said that they are no longer running back to you instantly if you melee them down silently but I am not 100% sure. And if this was fixed then why the eff is it not in the patch notes? That's what patch notes are for.

The zombies as they are currently are destroying the entire PVP system. The number of times I was sneaking through a town stalking someone and having to change to my axe - bayonets need to be implemented asap - retarded pointless risk of having to switch all the time - to take them down. Only to realise that no sooner had I killed that zombie is the respawn running at me + another random zombie as well. How the eff are we supposed to play stealthily when this kind of shit is going on with the zombies? The game is better without zombies in it as it stands right now. 

Zombies need to stay dead when they are killed as it was in previous patches. The head-shot nonsense is wank because aiming with melee weapons is an acquired feel for the weapon which has nothing to do with where the centre dot is aimed. There is no point in adding complication if you're not going to provide fixes to other mechanics of the game that helps balance out that complication.

Chernaya Polana was a nice town without zombies. Now it's going to be one of the annoying towns again. And where is this new town we all speak of? I haven't yet looked for it but others have been failing to find it or it's just not there. If it's true that a dev forgot to commit the town to the patch then I admire the team's honesty but at the same time this is a massive embarrassment for the team. How can you forget to commit an entire town when it has been advertised in the upcoming patch features? Ridiculous.

In part i Agree with you, in part not.

About realism, the fact that these infected need several hits on the body to be killed, is realistic. But we need to mention the facts as they must to be:

"Actually this is not the game they can improve that"

1-Game is generally lagg and can't aim pretty well ...well i correct myself! It's hard! it's not like playing Dead island

2-Engine dynamics and fisic are limited. The game much more than this can't be.

So is tremendous difficult hit someone in the head....it's not like playing DEAD ISLAND!

In our hands we got a game that actually has:

-zombies that passes accross the walls and they can't climb the stairs

-taking hours to click 10 times the same button to pick up the melee weapon, and pray it won't bug it.

It's hilarious you gonna see a zombie die with 1 pistol hit in the body...but didn't die over 20 shovel hits....why? why at this?

I have remembers of the greatest games of RESIDENT EVIL, the first 3 games....when you needed around 8-10 hits with the knife, and 5-6 with the gun. it wasn't an aiming system because otherwise it was too easy.

But watching things like now as you need 1 bullet to kill and 20 shovel hits to kill there's no comparision...

On my opinion the DAMAGE inflinct to the zombies SHOULD roll back to few hits as before, just few hits! "BUT", being changed all together with  other things like zombie cross over walls and doors, and let climbing them over the stairs if you won't close the door.

But what really makes me angy is that these bugs were already on tests servers and the most noticeable and visible was the problem of the Tuna that it's invisible on your inventory.

Was much more importat to change the look to the sewering kit and weapon cleaning tool instead of fix that?

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

Can confirm that the makeshift hunting bow(Not the crossbow), is in game. However it's unfinished. There's always an arrow knocked even when the weapon is on your back, and i'm not sure the arrows are in game yet. 

• Like 1

I already don't like the new patch. Infinite drinks ( well, thats ok ), but the new mouse controle feels like counter-strike now. Can spin around like crazy

have you tried 'spinning around like crazy' with a gun in your hand?

I was hoping for way more ... if you read the previous post on dayz . tumblr it says : P1 is complete and configured in game, the AKM is almost finished, stripper clip for Mosin (no date for this one), and the fireplace was ready also. The post is now 2 and a half weeks old and none of them are there.

I dont mind waiting for stuff but plz dont say stuff like : fireplace next week and gun are ready, if its not gonna happen for sure.

• Like 9

FPS problem here! I have a GTX 660 and i play full hd (settings on best and 1080p), after that patch i had a better fps on towns (30 fps more or less) but now, when i approach a building im really lagged, fps under 6!!! I record gameplays for YT and this make me shit on my pants :(

Whats is the problem? The new textures for buildings? I read that problem with fps from other players...

Is it me or are the binoculars utter shite?

Why are they shite?

What exactly does "Systems: 1:1 Mouse control / movement" mean? To me it just feels as if they increased input lag :-/

Where is Karmanovka supposed to be? I got myself a map, but can't find any new villages on it.

And seems like all cans containing fish have no inventory icon anymore.

i have a red dot sight FNX 45 and I added a battery to it, when I turn it on I can see the red dot flash instantly then go off again. it seems it won't stay on, the option to turn it 'on' is always there.
So red dot sight new mechanic seems broken.

i have a red dot sight FNX 45 and I added a battery to it, when I turn it on I can see the red dot flash instantly then go off again. it seems it won't stay on, the option to turn it 'on' is always there.

So red dot sight new mechanic seems broken.

Make sure to add it to the tracker:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

I have hidden a few comments again. Make sure to stay on topic.

FPS problem here! I have a GTX 660 and i play full hd (settings on best and 1080p), after that patch i had a better fps on towns (30 fps more or less) but now, when i approach a building im really lagged, fps under 6!!! I record gameplays for YT and this make me shit on my pants :(

Whats is the problem? The new textures for buildings? I read that problem with fps from other players...

I've a GTX 660 too and I've never had the luxury of maximum graphics, probably more to do with your processor compatibility or optimisation, you'll just have to wait till it's fixed.

I really feel like the game should have been on a different engine. So what if the people you are working with know the engine...that doesn't stop the engine from creating bugs every time something is added. Not that I care about hunting, but where is it? What I do care about are persistent bags, where are they?

The dev dialogue the community is embarrassing. This game has made so much money and they can't communicate to us about why something isn't in or what exactly they are working on? and if they do, it is hidden in a tumblr or on nonsense devtracker posts that don't automatically filter useless info. I still love the game, but you can't make excuses for something that is clearly wrong.

Edited by MagneticToast
  • Like 7

yes you hid my comment because it' was negative.. yes i understand..

stay on topic? i gave direct feedback of my opinion on the patch so not sure how it was not on topic other than oh it's negative feedback.

so instead of telling people here to "stay on topic" maybe you should say "stay positive"

• Like 3

and this make me shit on my pants :(

Whats is the problem?

Stop eating so much beanz?

• Like 1

Hello,

i tested the new version for 10 min and found a zucchini as well as a 1911 mag with a new design. Did I miss it or why cant i find a word about that in the changelog? And if they forgot it, did they also forget to write a note for the akm and p1, which was "complete and configured in the game" two weeks ago?

What exactly does "Systems: 1:1 Mouse control / movement" mean? To me it just feels as if they increased input lag :-/

They removed negative Mouse acceleration so the faster you move the mouse the faster you turn now.

yes you hid my comment because it' was negative.. yes i understand..

stay on topic? i gave direct feedback of my opinion on the patch so not sure how it was not on topic other than oh it's negative feedback.

so instead of telling people here to "stay on topic" maybe you should say "stay positive"

This is not constructive criticism:

left for awhile .. came back and game still garbage.. seriously this is terrible.. fix the god dam core mechanics and stop adding bull shit.. fix the dam core!! LAG/WONKY MECHANICS/SHIT NET CODE!

No matter how you're trying to put it, it isn't and you have been warned not to do that. Feel free to post constructive criticism - if you have valid points it will not get hidden.

In this thread no feedback about bugs will be removed. But it's also not topic-worthy, as we do have this thread. Feel free to post in here.

Only comments that will be removed are the "why no fire yet?" "Why is development so slow?" "Develop faster, you have all the monies on the world!" - as this is not the place for that.

• Like 7

So you didn't read the change log? They're zombies! Head damage only!

Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

Sorry but ive got to be a nit pick (been a zombie fanatic since i was a young lad), these are 28 days later infected to me. Zombies are slow like the original romero concept  (before he totally lost the plot land of the dead onwards, lol, dementia or somthin i guess). I would say with the infected being so fast, head or chest should be even damage, that dean hall was watching the 28days later for his inspiration on them, so....... why even bother. Slow them down to the original night of the living dead, dawn and day of the dead standard then its head damage only full stop, unless you can blow bits off them to totally incap. I would love to see that implemented in the future. I was one of the ones hoping for a more of a 70's dawn of the dead approach to the zombies/infected, been quite saddened that they are aiming at the 28 days later approach to them. But, upon completion the modders will get their rather great hands on it, and i look forwards to that probably way more than the final cut in general. So, about two years. lol. *sob sob*. :)

• Like 4

i was umm… expecting more, but ok.

finally binoculars, thay will be really useful.

Yeah, its been a month since the last major update. This is moving PAAAIIIINNNfully slow.

• Like 7

Why is bugged, non-working stuff even being added? Binocs got added, they dont work. Bows added, they dont work. Item throwing appearently added, I couldnt manage to get it to work trough. 

• Like 3

Make sure to add it to the tracker:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

I have hidden a few comments again. Make sure to stay on topic.

How do i modify an already done ticket? Seems i didn't put enough informations and I want to fill it promptly

Edited by GunnyITA

well, so far so good. no item drop lost, no major desync. people spawning without noise it s a nerve wreck, got bashed or bashed several times (love it!), zeds can be killed with headshots and it s ok, it s the way it should be BUT: one major flaw persisting: if unconscious when server restarts, but with 'session lost', not 'no message received for x seconds', character dies!... not cool, not fair, please fix ASAP! 

Why is bugged, non-working stuff even being added? Binocs got added, they dont work. Bows added, they dont work. Item throwing appearently added, I couldnt manage to get it to work trough. 

Binocs DO work, but only when you are standing, have them in hands and press space to bring hands up, then right click. You cant move while looking and they do not work in crouch or prone position as of yet. Still I had good times with binocs when scouting from top of the Zub castle !

Bow most likely does not work and throwing works only for 1 hand items, but most of the time it's slow motion.

Come on lads, don't be so negative! I also would like to see a bit more in this patch, but whatever. It will be added in the next one hopefuly with campfires, cooking and animals.

• Like 1