gibonez

Should we have an animation for backpacks ?

What could be more pressing than something that directly affects gameplay.

realistic movement speed, good shooting and pvp are the most critical elements in the game.

Adding hunting, tents and a bunch of other useless things wont matter if the pvp is garbage and the game is unrealistic with everyone running like usant bolt.

The many performance issues and other bugs (character wipes, invisible players, hacked weapons, you name it) affect gameplay a lot more directly than how fast one can run.  Most of the time when you're shooting, you're standing still ANYWAY so being able to run fast doesn't do much.  I agree with you that they need to fix the ballistics too but even that shouldn't take precedence over making the game work first because the guns work well enough for now.  Otherwise, players wouldn't pose as much a threat as they already do.  Adding hunting and more survival elements is also a smart decision IMO.  The LAST thing they need to is encourage players to murder each other even more than they already do.  This IS still a survival simulator... not a pvp centered slug fest.

This IS still a survival simulator... not a pvp centered slug fest.

That is a load of dog shit and you know it.

PVP is the main attraction here and has always been and will be the main reason play the game.

The survival elements are just a bonus or shall we say a cherry on top.

Those other useless features such as hunting will mean nothing when only 10 percent of players use them , the rest will remain doing what they do now , shooting people for fun.

Edited by gibonez

It would just make you not look at your stuff in the middle of a field.

People would take cover then look at their inventory.

I do that anyway I never go through my gear unless in a safe place. yet I still like your idea of the animation anything to make the game harder is a good idea to me. what can I say I like the abuse

I do that anyway I never go through my gear unless in a safe place. yet I still like your idea of the animation anything to make the game harder is a good idea to me. what can I say I like the abuse

We need more players like you.

The game needs to be brutal and downright frustrating at times. Realism makes the game more satisfying and fun.

That is a load of dog shit and you know it.

PVP is the main attraction here and has always been and will be the main reason play the game.

The survival elements are just a bonus or shall we say a cherry on top.

Those other useless features such as hunting will mean nothing when only 10 percent of players use them , the rest will remain doing what they do now , shooting people for fun.

It's not.  I've played over 300 hours now and I STILL enjoy going onto a nearly loot depraved server and finding that one can of beans that everybody else missed.  They obviously don't want inconsequential murder to be the main attraction of the game because EVERY other shooter does that.  If I wanted to pvp in a realistic military sim, I'll go play one of the Arma's.  When I want to have a difficult time surviving the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, I'll play DayZ.  That's what sets this game apart from the rest.  If they truly wanted it to be centered around pvp, they wouldn't be adding hunting or more survival elements and there DEFINITELY wouldn't be any zombies in the game.  

before i start a new topic...

have see this in altis life. the charackter pat his pockets when he search something in the inventory.

i think its very important for dayz when you meet a impatient angry guy with a weapon that ask you for a can opener and want it quikly.

he can see that you are cooperate. last time i die because the bandit have think i ignore him. but i was in my inventory screen....with my "mind" XD

very sad. im sure this animation would help me next time. 

Yes. Even a game like The Last Of Us which is a casual 3rd person shooter has it so why not DayZ. Would add a good layer of immersion.

Well, to.keep.it simole, just Do.somethin akin.to The Last of Us.

Cool, fast, but simple.

Well, to.keep.it simole, just Do.somethin akin.to The Last of Us.

Cool, fast, but simple.

Never played that I am waiting for the ps3 emulator to work well so I can play it at 1440p and with 16x AA before I play it.

How does that game handle going into your inventory.

Hard to explain.well, Id have to.advise a trip.to youtube

You would then also have to add the toon saying "shit", "goddamit" and "WHERETHEFUCKISIT".

No way I do not want more choppy animations that bug out during desync there is being realistic and then there is being tedious. if we want to go full on realism, I can eat and move at the same time I can jump the moment my brain processes it not 4 seconds after and i dont need to come to a dead stop when i take something from my shoulder

No way I do not want more choppy animations that bug out during desync there is being realistic and then there is being tedious. if we want to go full on realism, I can eat and move at the same time I can jump the moment my brain processes it not 4 seconds after and i dont need to come to a dead stop when i take something from my shoulder

But you should come do a dead stop to take anything out of your backpack IMO.

But on the other hand, IRL I can grab my backpack from my shoulders and unzip it all while running and pull things out.

It would just be a pain and dropping something would be very likely.

So maybe when you access your backpack while running you have the chance of dropping an item or two?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

That's a very good idea.

Perhaps then players will give extra attention of what items to keep in their clothing pockets poutches and holster slots.

For quicker access among items(not weapons only) i was thinking something like the wheel introduced in GTA V (mouse wheel down/up).

gtavhud_by_superhawk89-d6dp5md.png

Simply: if you put in your quickbar something you can take without using your backpack like canteens, binoculars, knives (while they will added to belt or neck), rifles, guns or melee weapons (while they are easy to grab: holster, vest, pants) you will take them exactly as the animation is now, otherwise your character will stop (or start walking if we suppose you can still search in a backpack while you are moving certanly not while you are running or sprinting) and start to grab them from the backpack for -maybe- 5 seconds?!?  ;)

I like the idea of cetain inventory spots having the ability to quickly be accessed with items in more restrictive spots not being able to.

Only weapons that should be able to quickly be grabbed should be weapons in a holster or that are slung over your shoulder.

Weapons inside of backpacks, shirt pants, should all have an animation and should manually be taken out.

Bump

I think all clothing slots should be basically as is but when interacting with something in backpack you should kneel and swing the bag open in front of you.

Bump

I think all clothing slots should be basically as is but when interacting with something in backpack you should kneel and swing the bag open in front of you.

Pretty much... no more animations for grabbing stuff from your pockets on clothing/vests etc but def n quick access to backpacks.. I would really like to see this.. for the most part i kinda RP have most important items in pockets over backpack, would be great to see it actually matter

How about the following.

1. When accessing your vest you stop and play the arma 3 animation when in your inventory touching your vest area repeatively until you get what you need.

Vest area slots are faster to access than a backpack.

2. To access your backpack you need to drop it on the ground or there is a drop in front of you while you crouch and look inside animation.

3. You can assign loose shells to your front pockets that can automatically be used to reload your weapons via R.

• Like 1