gibonez

Should we have an animation for backpacks ?

Read your post and my brain immediately requested a "tripping" animation. LOL ;)

I was joking with a friend about this the other day.  It would cause so much rage, they need to add it in.  

Being able to sprint in woods is so immersion breaking...

• Like 1

I was joking with a friend about this the other day.  It would cause so much rage, they need to add it in.  

Like when you try to jump a fence and the animation does not play out.. you just stop. Would be so much better to have your player go face first in the dirt.. maybe even a chance of injury. 

LOL.. I would die laughing if I was tracking a guy through my scope and he did that. Just die laughing.

• Like 1

What gets to me is the sheer speed of the player when sprinting.

Its slightly above 14mph.

Sprinting at 14mph for as long as you want with a backpack and gear weighing you down is totally immersion breaking.

• Like 1

Like when you try to jump a fence and the animation does not play out.. you just stop. Would be so much better to have your player go face first in the dirt.. maybe even a chance of injury. 

LOL.. I would die laughing if I was tracking a guy through my scope and he did that. Just die laughing.

That's exactly what we discussed!  A chance of breaking your arm or leg is a must, anything to make people rage harder.

Edited by Martmital
  • Like 1

Sprinting at 14mph for as long as you want with a backpack and gear weighing you down is totally immersion breaking.

I agree.. Our players are Jackie Joyner-Kersee.

..but that last part.. really? Immersion breaking? Ive never been playing a game and said to myself, "yeah, like I could run like this in real life." 

I mean maybe Im not immersed to begin with, lol 

• Like 1

and thats how it should stay until we get other modes of transport.

• Like 1

and thats how it should stay until we get other modes of transport.

why not fix it now.

the game is being tested after all so enjoyment should really not be a factor that should be taken into consideration.

Simple solution to this problem.  I normally minimize my backpack window in my inventory screen as if I have it zipped up and cannot access it.  A zipper icon on the bags bar would trigger a small animation where your character kneels down and unzips the bag (ala The Last Of Us).  To get out of the animation, all you would have to do is simply click the zipper again.  I can't imagine anything that complicated being implemented though... not when we can't pull weapons off our backs without mashing the hotkey for it 20 times...

why not fix it now.

the game is being tested after all so enjoyment should really not be a factor that should be taken into consideration.

You wouldn't want to drive away the player base by limiting how fast they can travel without vehicles being in the game...  We are part of the testing too.

You wouldn't want to drive away the player base by limiting how fast they can travel without vehicles being in the game...  We are part of the testing too.

It would not drive anyone anywhere.

all It would do is fix the sprint speed and player movement speed to more accurate levels faster thus no longer being a problem in the future.

just a strap for the primary and melee weapons is all i need

how they stay attached to my shoulders i'll never know

maybe it's magnets

• Like 1

I can be running quite quick (in RL) and take my back pack off to look through it at the same time. The animation of sifting through a backpack while running I assume would be fairly depressing to get right. Maybe you can only view contents while running, not sprinting?

Edited by vvidovvmaker

Totally,that's a huge game breaker for me.

Same, have had gear completely ruined because stealth ZED with no footsteps attacked me through wall while i was eating.

I can be running quite quick (in RL) and take my back pack off to look through it at the same time. The animation of sifting through a backpack while running I assume would be fairly depressing to get right. Maybe you can only view contents while running, not sprinting?

Question is would this be something you would do if you didn't expect imminent danger ?

no you would just crouch down and open your backpack to rummage in it.

Question is would this be something you would do if you didn't expect imminent danger ?

no you would just crouch down and open your backpack to rummage in it.

Death is everywhere. Being forced to crouch down to look in my backpack would make we want to kick a baby in the face. Kicking a baby in the face would not help in the repopulation of the Chernarus wasteland; running while digging through my backpack to avoid the possibility of imminent danger would.

I agree. Right now I find it funny that I have to sling my compass over the shoulder to put it back in the pack. Lol.

Death is everywhere. Being forced to crouch down to look in my backpack would make we want to kick a baby in the face. Kicking a baby in the face would not help in the repopulation of the Chernarus wasteland; running while digging through my backpack to avoid the possibility of imminent danger would.

It would just make you not look at your stuff in the middle of a field.

People would take cover then look at their inventory.

It would just make you not look at your stuff in the middle of a field.

People would take cover then look at their inventory.

It would also stop you from being able to do something that you can do in real life. It's bad enough you can't drink water or have a snack while on the move. I like the idea of having an animation for it but am totally against it if the animation stops you from doing things that you would do in real life. I shit in private, I look through my backpack wherever and whenever it makes sense.

i really like your idea, beans for you!  :thumbsup:  :beans:

hopefully this will be added to the game.

Yes and animations for putting on clothing items.

maybe it's magnets

You're dead wrong mate...

c2WrQqf.png

• Like 1

It would not drive anyone anywhere.

all It would do is fix the sprint speed and player movement speed to more accurate levels faster thus no longer being a problem in the future.

There's people out there who left when ghosting was a problem, others when combat logging became more prevalent.  IMHO, they TRIED to fix that but now its just annoying to switch servers.  Without a way to camp out for the night to save your gear and no way to get from A to B faster, running slower will make playing the game tiresome and a chore even more than it is now.  That and there's no way it would take them more than a few hours, IF that, to find a more appropriate speed and change it.  There's more pressing issues right now.

There's people out there who left when ghosting was a problem, others when combat logging became more prevalent.  IMHO, they TRIED to fix that but now its just annoying to switch servers.  Without a way to camp out for the night to save your gear and no way to get from A to B faster, running slower will make playing the game tiresome and a chore even more than it is now.  That and there's no way it would take them more than a few hours, IF that, to find a more appropriate speed and change it.  There's more pressing issues right now.

What could be more pressing than something that directly affects gameplay.

realistic movement speed, good shooting and pvp are the most critical elements in the game.

Adding hunting, tents and a bunch of other useless things wont matter if the pvp is garbage and the game is unrealistic with everyone running like usant bolt.